Bama???? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Bama????

msudawg4life
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Did Aub really just take you all out to the woodshed?

MKAU
01-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Did Aub really just take you all out to the woodshed?
Hey we aren't as bad as you think. Only lost by 3 to Florida (which was the spread too) plus favored to beat and did beat Bama. Check yourself, Auburn is capable of woodshedding MSU on the right night.

msudawg4life
01-17-2009, 03:29 PM
on the right night...anyone can woodshed someone....For bama to lose this game though really will put the heat on them to do something about Mark....he's def lost all motivation to get this team prepared for games.

MKAU
01-17-2009, 03:32 PM
on the right night...anyone can woodshed someone....For bama to lose this game though really will put the heat on them to do something about Mark....he's def lost all motivation to get this team prepared for games.
Allow me to rephrase. Auburn is more likely to woodshed MSU in basketball than MSU is to beat Auburn in football.

msudawg4life
01-17-2009, 03:33 PM
2007.........oops.....hell...you beat us 3-2 this year....

MKAU
01-17-2009, 03:38 PM
2007.........oops.....hell...you beat us 3-2 this year....
You responded exactly how I wanted you to respond. That's my point. Auburn woodshedding MSU is more possible than you think.

msudawg4life
01-17-2009, 03:41 PM
ok...if you say so.....lmao.

MKAU
01-17-2009, 03:42 PM
ok...if you say so.....lmao.Yeah that was my reaction to MSU fans in August, 2007.

msudawg4life
01-17-2009, 03:44 PM
good...well at least you know how stupid I fell your comment was

msudawg4life
01-17-2009, 03:46 PM
So....does this help the hurt of the Iron bowl...or does it not matter?

MKAU
01-17-2009, 04:04 PM
So....does this help the hurt of the Iron bowl...or does it not matter?I like football, basketball, and baseball equally. Yes I follow women's basketball too, and this is a good year for it if you're an Auburn fan but I'm not as big on it as I am the other three. Point is I'm not the typical football only Auburn fan.

Personally I always enjoyed beating them in basketball more. The games are more entertaining to me. I've seen some epic stories happen in this game. Kyle Davis bleeding from the arm he had surgery on two days before the game and being the hero comes to mind. Watching the Alabama SGA presidents dutifully sing the Auburn fight song at halftime is always fun. I cheer for Auburn against Alabama in basketball, where during the football games I've more often laughed at Alabama futility rather than actually cheered for Auburn.

In basketball it's always a big win. With the exception of this year, it's more or less just a case of not choking in football.

For the vast majority of Auburn fans the answer to your question is no. But I'm more proud of the basketball team than I am dissappointed with the football team.