Hope this doesn't happen again on Saturday [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Hope this doesn't happen again on Saturday

Fatboy
01-15-2009, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQyS6M2DAA

OffThePorch
01-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Im Not Looking... Lol..

Fatboy
01-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Thank God he graduated.

OffThePorch
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
hope we play hard.. take care of the home court.

steelyvan
01-15-2009, 07:42 PM
the game will not likely come down to how many 3-pointers Vandy converts. more likely how many they prevent MSU from converting.

Wave&Dawgs
01-16-2009, 01:26 AM
That was the most unbelievable display of basketball I have ever seen. (I was listening on the radio live but I've seen the clips several times.) That was, IMO, even more impressive than Meeks' game the other night just because of all the ridiculous threes he hit in clutch situations with multiple guys in his face and standing like 3 feet behind the line. I was a bit mad about that game at the time but it doesn't even bother me to see that clip anymore. That was just an impressive display of basketball. Now had someone from Bama or Arky done that it would have made me sick but since it was Vandy I wasn't really all that mad about it. But yeah, thang god he is gone.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Greatest game I've ever seen in that gym...and I've had season tickets for 20 years. I've seen 3 wins over #1's (UK '93, UF '07, and UT '08), but never anything like that. I still watch the youtube several times a week when I need an energy boost! :cheers:

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't worry about losing the game. We haven't played a decent game in either Mississippi home gym in ages.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I watch this one too, just because the crowd is deafening in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDOjtBbUGCk

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 11:47 AM
It's almost like he scored 54 points.

Wave&Dawgs
01-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Yes, but Kentucky had that game in hand for a good part of the second half. Foster was nailing three after three in clutch situations when his team absolutley needed those points to stay in the game. I think he also hit like the last 9 threes he shot in the game. That is unbelievable. That's not taking anything away from what Meeks did, but what Foster did was the most unbelievable performance I have ever seen in SEC basketball. I just hate that it had to happen against us.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 12:19 PM

don't be such a bitter Betty.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 01:45 PM
Yes, but Kentucky had that game in hand for a good part of the second half. Foster was nailing three after three in clutch situations when his team absolutley needed those points to stay in the game. I think he also hit like the last 9 threes he shot in the game. That is unbelievable. That's not taking anything away from what Meeks did, but what Foster did was the most unbelievable performance I have ever seen in SEC basketball. I just hate that it had to happen against us.

Fair enough, but our game was down to 7 points with 6:52 left, definitely "not in hand."

BTW, since you think it was out of hand, why was it out hand? Because somebody decided to:

-set the UK record for most points in a game.
-set the UK record for most threes made in a game.
-set the UK record for highest free throw percentage in a game.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 02:25 PM

Nobody had ever shot 100% from the foul line in a game for UK before Meeks? Man that's sad. you should have your championships revoked.

BTW Freije pwns Meeks (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=233280238) at the foul line!

OffThePorch
01-16-2009, 02:29 PM
don't be such a bitter Betty.

she cant help it. :lol:

im so glad clutch is gone. go DOGS!

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Nobody had ever shot 100% from the foul line in a game for UK before Meeks? Man that's sad. you should have your championships revoked.

BTW Freije pwns Meeks (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=233280238) at the foul line!
Meeks was 14-14 that's better than being say 12-12... and you know exactly what I mean. Actually, the 14-14 tied a record.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Matt Freije went 18-18 in a game.

Freije > Meeks

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Notice I said Jodie set a UK record... I didn't say anything about the rest of the SEC. What Frejie did was phenomenol I'm sure... but like Foster, it was forgotten the next week.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM
I hadn't forgot about Freije's night at the line. Who you talking about forgetting it? UK fans?? OK, I don't expect you to remember that, but I do. Just like no one will remember Jamal Meeks' game vs. UT this time next year except UK fans.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
ESPN Classic replays will make sure nobody forgets, chump. And, after 54 points, Vitale won't mistake Jodie as Jamal again.

Who's this Frejie guy you're bringing up? Oh, the guy that was on the 3-13 (SEC) Vandy team in 2003.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
ESPN Classic replays will make sure nobody forgets, chump.

MODS HE CALLED ME A NAME. :cry:

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 02:46 PM
ESPN Classic replays will make sure nobody forgets, chump. And, after 54 points, Vitale won't mistake Jodie as Jamal again.

Who's this Frejie guy you're bringing up? Oh, the guy that was on the 3-13 (SEC) Vandy team in 2003.

No he's the guy that's actually seen the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament. UNLIKE "your guy".

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
This Sweet 16 team you're talking about was his senior year too (2004). Jodie's not even completed his junior season. At least Jodie made the NCAAT every year already... something Frejie couldn't do.

54 points is a lot to score, but its' nothing like beating "your guy" by 62.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
No he's the guy that's actually seen the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament. UNLIKE "your guy".

It's funny how you say Shan's game is not memorable, but you know our SEC record from 6 years ago.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:48 PM
You're the one that said nobody saw it but the people in the theater (oh I'm sorry "arena").

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:59 PM
It's been fun ribbing you Chuck, but respectfully now, I'll leave this thread, so it can be about what should be the most televised game in the country this weekend.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
You're the one that said nobody saw it but the people in the theater (oh I'm sorry "arena").

Arena??? No it's a GYMNASIUM.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
It's been fun ribbing you Chuck, but respectfully now, I'll leave this thread, so it can be about what should be the most televised game in the country this weekend.

most televised?? How many stations are carrying it?

Vandy420
01-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Yea b/c meeks has never been on a team that lost by 40+ points.....oh wait nevermind.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 03:10 PM
420, calm down, it's not that serious. I was just joking around.

SkyAntoine
01-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Meeks.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
Cheeks

VandyChuck
Geeks

VandyChuck
Freaks

Wave&Dawgs
01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Fair enough, but our game was down to 7 points with 6:52 left, definitely "not in hand."

BTW, since you think it was out of hand, why was it out hand? Because somebody decided to:

-set the UK record for most points in a game.
-set the UK record for most threes made in a game.

Say what you want, but was Meeks did wasn't half as clutch as what Foster did. The game might not have been "in hand" but Kentucky had the lead for pretty much every point Meeks scored in that game. Vandy was trailing MSU for a good bit of the second half and Foster carried the team on his back and won that game single-handedly. And just because ESPN Classic is going to show this game and not the Vandy-MSU game doesn't mean crap. Of course ESPN is going to slurp up to Kentucky, especially about a game that was played on their network. The Vandy-MSU game last season, unfortunately, wasn't televised so not very many people outside those 2 fanbases remember that performance, but that doesn't make his feat any less impressive.

VandyChuck
01-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Say what you want, but was Meeks did wasn't half as clutch as what Foster did. The game might not have been "in hand" but Kentucky had the lead for pretty much every point Meeks scored in that game. Vandy was trailing MSU for a good bit of the second half and Foster carried the team on his back and won that game single-handedly. And just because ESPN Classic is going to show this game and not the Vandy-MSU game doesn't mean crap. Of course ESPN is going to slurp up to Kentucky, especially about a game that was played on their network. The Vandy-MSU game last season, unfortunately, wasn't televised so not very many people outside those 2 fanbases remember that performance, but that doesn't make his feat any less impressive.

Actually from what I can recall, the only lead Vandy had in the game was with 2 seconds left...the last of 9 Foster threes in a row. I might be wrong though...have to go back through the play by play.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 03:37 PM

We'll just disagree then. A clutch performance doesn't only mean you make shots in the closing minutes of a close game. Jodie was very clutch in that he kept UT at bay... on the road. Foster was at home... most people play better there.

SkyAntoine
01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Cheeks

Geeks

Freaks

That's post padding and I won't have it! Mods!! Oh, sorry Orange man. ;)

Dawg
01-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Excuse me...how DARE you mention anything at ANY time NOT related to Kentucky basketball. We all know Meeks is president of the universe, along-side every other Kentucky player ever to play, and that the rest of the entire sport ought to bow down every time a UK player is present.

And as always...don't forget to pray to Tubby (oops, I mean Gillespie) tonight!

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks, Carfreak, for that useless post.

SkyAntoine
01-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Excuse me...how DARE you mention anything at ANY time NOT related to Kentucky basketball. We all know Meeks is president of the universe, along-side every other Kentucky player ever to play, and that the rest of the entire sport ought to bow down every time a UK player is present.

And as always...don't forget to pray to Tubby (oops, I mean Gillespie) tonight!

Finally...a poster that understands the UK fan.:thumb:

Fatboy
01-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Actually from what I can recall, the only lead Vandy had in the game was with 2 seconds left...the last of 9 Foster threes in a row. I might be wrong though...have to go back through the play by play.

I think you are right. MSU led the entire game until Foster went off.

Dawg
01-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks, Carfreak, for that useless post.

This message brought to you by...the KING of useless posts.

Thankyoucomeagain.

Dawg
01-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Finally...a poster that understands the UK fan.:thumb:

:cheers: Here's to a Kentucky fan that can handle sarcasm

SkyAntoine
01-16-2009, 06:15 PM
:cheers: Here's to a Kentucky fan that can handle sarcasm

I have a BS in Sarcasm myself, so I appreciate it as much as any quality posts. Unfortunately, I cannot discern between sarcasm and stupidity. Hence, my missing Hog64 lately. :sad2:

msudawgs1964
01-16-2009, 07:07 PM

do us a favor, go start a new thread on Meeks and only Meeks and talk to yourself.

Why must you make every thread about UK or UK players? WE DON'T CARE!!

Get it?

Dawg
01-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I have a BS in Sarcasm myself, so I appreciate it as much as any quality posts. Unfortunately, I cannot discern between sarcasm and stupidity. Hence, my missing Hog64 lately. :sad2:

Ouch....lol

SkyAntoine
01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Ouch....lol

But, I think Hog64 is all sarcasm and hyperbole whether he admits it or not.

To get back on topic...go Dawgs!

Dawg
01-16-2009, 08:03 PM
To get back on topic...go Dawgs!

Couldn't agree with ya more. Would rep ya again if I could...haha.