Are All of Your Games on TV? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Are All of Your Games on TV?

SkyAntoine
01-15-2009, 12:50 PM
All of Kentucky's games, even exhibition games, are broadcast on local (UKTV albeit sometimes delayed), Raycom (regional), or national (CBS or ESPN).

Are most other games in SEC programs available on TV for fans? Just curious...

Poll to follow.

fodive
01-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Most are on in SC, 1 is on nationally.

orange&white
01-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Every game but UL-Lafayette is on tv this year. FOXSS, SportsSouth, Raycom, ESPN, ESPN2, or CBS have or will cover all the other games.

VandyChuck
01-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I have to listen to 3 SEC games on the radio this year. :(

GDawg88
01-15-2009, 02:28 PM
I get to see maybe one-third of our games on TV. Pretty much all of them are on Raycom with Dave Rowe and that godawful theme music. One of the prices you pay for consistently sucking.

OffThePorch
01-15-2009, 03:10 PM
damn UK fans.

VandyChuck
01-15-2009, 03:13 PM
I guess this will all change next year with the ESPN deal...There should NEVER be an SEC conference game NOT on tv where at least the locals can watch.

kentubbybasketball
01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how this SEC deal helps UK... it seems to help the other 11, but what are we getting out of it since we already get our games on TV... I guess, we get our cut of the "money."

MSUado
01-15-2009, 03:17 PM
last option for me

SkyAntoine
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
last option for me

:rotf:I love being hated almost as much as hearing praise. It's the middle of the road, mediocre stuff I hate to hear.

MSUado
01-15-2009, 03:25 PM
:rotf:I love being hated almost as much as hearing praise. It's the middle of the road, mediocre stuff I hate to hear.

Hahaha. Just more fuel to my fire.

kentubbybasketball
01-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Sky, did you start this thread to toot UK's horn... if so, am I rubbing off on you?

OffThePorch
01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
tmi.. thats just gross.

SkyAntoine
01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Sky, did you start this thread to toot UK's horn... if so, am I rubbing off on you?

:rotf:Wait until we're a dominate force again. I'll be as well liked as you, Hog64 or Rebel5AC.:raz:

I actually was curious who was able to watch the games, so I guess it was a legit question. I thought I knew the answer, but wasn't sure about Arkansas as they are, IMO, the closest thing to UK in terms of fan support for their basketball team.

Vandy420
01-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I live 1,000 miles from my commodores so I get only the regional / national broadcast.

SkyAntoine
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
I live 1,000 miles from my commodores so I get only the regional / national broadcast.

That would stink because I would miss a lot of UK games if I didn't live here.

I hate when the UK football games are delayed or not available. IIRC the UK-MSU game was the only one not televised live.

msudawgs1964
01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how this SEC deal helps UK... it seems to help the other 11, but what are we getting out of it since we already get our games on TV... I guess, we get our cut of the "money."

well so you know, there are actual football games and even baseball games played in the SEC and I think women's sports too. That's how it helps UK. Well that and the money.

SkyAntoine
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
well so you know, there are actual football games and even baseball games played in the SEC and I think women's sports too. That's how it helps UK. Well that and the money.
:rotf:Thank you for reminding us UK fans that there is football played in the SEC. I was with KT on wondering about the deal.

Just a few weeks ago we played our last game and I've already forgotten.:doh: It's like I've repressed the memories to focus on basketball.

kentubbybasketball
01-15-2009, 05:08 PM
:rotf:Wait until we're a dominate force again. I'll be as well liked as you, Hog64 or Rebel5AC.:raz:

I actually was curious who was able to watch the games, so I guess it was a legit question. I thought I knew the answer, but wasn't sure about Arkansas as they are, IMO, the closest thing to UK in terms of fan support for their basketball team.

What! Some people on here don't like me.:rotf:

kentubbybasketball
01-15-2009, 05:09 PM

From what I understand UK still has the richest TV deal for all of our athletics... $80 million. So, I'm still not completely sure this benefits UK as much as say MSU.

msudawgs1964
01-15-2009, 05:25 PM
From what I understand UK still has the richest TV deal for all of our athletics... $80 million. So, I'm still not completely sure this benefits UK as much as say MSU.

any money you get from other sources, even if they only play one game on the network benefits you. Basic accounting 101. :)

msudawgs1964
01-15-2009, 05:26 PM
:rotf:Thank you for reminding us UK fans that there is football played in the SEC. I was with KT on wondering about the deal.

Just a few weeks ago we played our last game and I've already forgotten.:doh: It's like I've repressed the memories to focus on basketball.

me too!!..:rotf:

orange&white
01-16-2009, 12:58 AM
any money you get from other sources, even if they only play one game on the network benefits you. Basic accounting 101. :)

Cheers to someone else understanding basic math and common sense.:cheers:

Extra Point
01-16-2009, 01:24 AM

$80MM over how many years?

Arkansas just entered a new multi-year $73MM contract with ISP. This season, 4 non-conference and 6 conference games (mostly away) are not on TV. I expected there to be some games not televised with the transition this season. Next year, all football and basketball games are supposed to be on CBS or ESPN channels (including 360).

Florida has a 10 year $100MM deal with Sunshine Network (I think that's it) which goes out to around 6MM households in Florida. I'm sure others have ISP or other contracts as well.

UK benefits greatly from the new TV deals. The incremental annual revenue is a HUGE benefit.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 12:41 PM

You understand basic accounting 101, but you don't understand reading comprehension 101. I said in my original post that other than UK getting its piece of the pie--the money--I don't understand how this helps UK... reading comprehension says I understand the money thing.

But, from an exposure standpoint, UK is not aided by this at all. We're already exposed, but everybody else is gonna get increased exposure, which means more competition. If you actually tried to read posts instead of trying to come up with zingers, you may have found that out.

orange&white
01-16-2009, 01:12 PM
You understand basic accounting 101, but you don't understand reading comprehension 101. I said in my original post that other than UK getting its piece of the pie--the money--I don't understand how this helps UK... reading comprehension says I understand the money thing.

But, from an exposure standpoint, UK is not aided by this at all. We're already exposed, but everybody else is gonna get increased exposure, which means more competition. If you actually tried to read posts instead of trying to come up with zingers, you may have found that out.

Actually you will be more exposed just like Tennessee will. These two schools are both on tv all the time and get the most exposure in the conference, but with the new ESPN deal that is extra nationally televised games instead of Raycom, Fox SportsSouth, and SportsSouth games.

kentubbybasketball
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
By the time you factor in the exposure of UK compared to the exposure of other schools, UK's exposure is increasing the least by a long shot... whereas, everybody else's exposure is increasing astronomically.

I think Slive needed to get something done for sure, so I'm happy that everybody gets more coverage. But, it wasn't exposure (in terms of televised games) that UK was lacking. That's my point.

Nkemdiche4Heisman5
01-16-2009, 02:52 PM
There should have been an option for worst poll ever...just sayin

SkyAntoine
01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
There should have been an option for worst poll ever...just sayin

Yeah...it would be a shame for someone to start a thread that people thought was unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Extra Point
01-16-2009, 08:32 PM
We're already exposed, but everybody else is gonna get increased exposure, which means more competition. If you actually tried to read posts instead of trying to come up with zingers, you may have found that out.

Yes, UK is already exposed. But ALL your games are not exposed to national audiences on CBS and the ESPN family of networks. There is a big difference being on Raycom regionally or on TV in Kentucky only and being on TV coast-to-coast.

We all understand UK's current exposure so pointing out you will be helped the least is stating the obvious. The new contracts are for ALL sports, not basketball. From that standpoint, you are not the most exposed school in the SEC so there is a big benefit to UK besides the money.

Texaubie
01-16-2009, 08:50 PM
I chose the last just can't believe a UK fan would even ask if all of Auburn's games where televised lol. You should already know that answer!