Ronaldo's agent trademarks "CR9" name... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ronaldo's agent trademarks "CR9" name...

SCfan804
01-14-2009, 11:29 PM
As if anyone ever doubted that Ronaldo joining Real Madrid isn't a question of "if" but "when", his agent has trademarked the term "CR9" (he currently goes by CR7). Maintaining CR7 in Madrid wouldn't be possible given the legendary status of Raul who is still playing there...

Madrid (and Chelsea for that matter) really do try their hardest to be the Yankees- spend spend spend with little inter-system development, with very little to show for it in recent memory. I can only imagine the check it will take to ultimately pry CR7 away from Sir Alex...

2008 National Champions
01-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Why the pot shot at the Yanks system? They produce good talent and are currently considered to have one of the best farm systems in the league.

SCfan804
01-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I admit to not knowing all that much about baseball- I was more referring to the Yanks in terms of spending all that they do to acquire players. I actually respect it to a certain extent as it shows a commitment to winning- it just hasn't worked out recently.

The farm system comment was more intended for Madrid, whose system pales in comparison to other world powers like United & Barca.

fodive
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Why the pot shot at the Yanks system? They produce good talent and are currently considered to have one of the best farm systems in the league.

Since when?

Robbie Cano and Wang have been the only decent prospects to come up in a long time.

2008 National Champions
01-15-2009, 12:07 AM
Since when?

Robbie Cano and Wang have been the only decent prospects to come up in a long time.

Cano and Wang are "decent?" lololololol

Joba??????

The Yanks farm system is great right now, there just isn't room for them yet on the active roster. Hughes and Kennedy could be good starters.

Just because they aren't in the Bigs yet doesn't mean their farm system is dry.

2008 National Champions
01-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Let's look at the Yankees projected lineup and rotation:

C Posada
1b Tex
2b Cano
Ss Jeter
3b AGod
OF Nady
OF Damon
OF Matsui

SP CC
SP Wang
SP Burnett
SP Joba
SP Hughes/Kennedy

Closer= Rivera

That is not a bad ratio of players who came up through the Yanks system.

fodive
01-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Posada, Jeter, and Rivera were a long time ago. The yanks have sold off their farm to go after booms and busts over the last decade. Cano, we'll see how he rebounds after a poor season...as it is he isn't a top flight AL 2B. Wang is a good pitcher. Joba hasn't done much to be worthy of all the hype around him.

2008 National Champions
01-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Posada, Jeter, and Rivera were a long time ago. The yanks have sold off their farm to go after booms and busts over the last decade. Cano, we'll see how he rebounds after a poor season...as it is he isn't a top flight AL 2B. Wang is a good pitcher. Joba hasn't done much to be worthy of all the hype around him.

Joba has a 2.17 career ERA in 61 career games, and he was just a rookie last year.

Cano had a bad start last season but ended up batting .300 after the all star break.

Vandy420
01-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Way to ruin a good thread by talking MLB haha.

i hope Ronaldo stays as I hate Real Madrid. They buy all the big names, then can't make them mesh. Hopefully he will stay with ManU.

2008 National Champions
01-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Way to ruin a good thread by talking MLB haha.

i hope Ronaldo stays as I hate Real Madrid. They buy all the big names, then can't make them mesh. Hopefully he will stay with ManU.

Sounds like he'll go whenever he can. I can understand it, since it's much closer to home.