Kevin Galloway committed to UK.. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Galloway committed to UK..

XPS
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
6-6 PG with a NBA body. Juco more to come soon..

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1436546

Kevin Galloway, was supposed to be teaming with OJ Mayo and leading USC to PAC 10 prominence this year, but his grades didn't meet minimum requirements as a freshman and he spent a short time at Fresno State before coming to CSI. He is a freaky 6'6" point guard who makes three pointers, drives to the basket, and dunks in transition. The Utah Jazz would have a hard time containing him much less Salt Lake Community College. Memphis, Kentucky and yes Arizona State are leading in the chase for his talent this time around.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=78547&sport=2
http://www.mylosingseason.com/2008/01/junior-college-showdown.html

http://kentucky.rivals.com/default.asp?type=4

georgiaguy31015
03-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Congrats UK.

GR8NESS
03-10-2008, 10:52 PM
team averages 116 PPG
Niiiiiiiice.
should help clear up some of the scholly unbalance btwn all of our classes too.

weegeman
03-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Huge!

GR8NESS
03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Huge!

Literally and figuratively.

XPS
03-10-2008, 11:02 PM
UK will be very athletic next year adding three players 6-6 and up who can put it on the floor, guard and create...

Miller 6-7
Galloway 6-7 or 6-6
Liggins 6-6

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
UK is definitely going to be tough to match up with on the wing with Miller, Liggins, Galloway and Jasper.

Congrats Cats.

XPS
03-11-2008, 12:14 AM
UK is definitely going to be tough to match up with on the wing with Miller, Liggins, Galloway and Jasper.

Congrats Cats.

Thanks 32 :cheers: Classy as always, we must try and keep up with Fla:raz:

WVUfaninKY3
03-11-2008, 04:50 AM
This UK team for next year is getting better and better. May see some mid 90's style play out of these guys with the athletisism and depth they will have. Also, they will provide huge mismatches for everyone as other than Stevenson they all linger around the 6'4 to 6'8 range.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks 32 :cheers: Classy as always, we must try and keep up with Fla:raz:

LOL I thought we were trying to catch up to UK? It should be a heck of a pair of games next year.

I'll be interested to see if Gillespie continues to coach them to grind it out because that was his style at aTm and this year or if with all of that athleticism he will make it a full court game.

Rocky@theTop
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM
The athleticism of UK, UT, and UF in 2008-09 is going to rival the ACC. Bama has potential to be there too.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I'd definitely put UF, UT and UK up against UNC, Duke and whoever else next year as long as we get a shot at Roy or K. I hate both of them :rotf:

I think for the next several years, the level of those three teams is going to be very high for the SEC.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Memphis also wanted Galloway for those that care, so it was a tough battle. Wow, that's 3 6'6 PGs. UK has only two guys lower than that on next year's roster.

And, also this JUCO, brings our total number of juniors to 7 (next year)... what a loaded senior day that'll be in two years.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2008, 02:08 PM
And, Vandy has stepped up its recruiting too.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Yes, yes they have.

XPS
03-11-2008, 02:48 PM
LOL I thought we were trying to catch up to UK? It should be a heck of a pair of games next year.

I'll be interested to see if Gillespie continues to coach them to grind it out because that was his style at aTm and this year or if with all of that athleticism he will make it a full court game.

Not really 32, as Billy G said earlier, his A&M team last year averaged just a couple of pts lower than the champs (Fla). Billy G with low depth, has played to the personal, his UTEP team was a fast team and his A&M team would run 2. Last year A&M scored these numbers, 101, 100, 98, 97 twice and 94 twice. As the depth gets better, you will see the style change possibly next year...

XPS
03-11-2008, 02:49 PM
The athleticism of UK, UT, and UF in 2008-09 is going to rival the ACC. Bama has potential to be there too.

Without question..

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Not really 32, as Billy G said earlier, his A&M team last year averaged just a couple of pts lower than the champs (Fla). Billy G with low depth, has played to the personal, his UTEP team was a fast team and his A&M team would run 2. Last year A&M scored these numbers, 101, 100, 98, 97 twice and 94 twice. As the depth gets better, you will see the style change possibly next year...

Our team, for the most part, played a half court game. With nobody stepping up to back up Green and Green playing like 38 minutes a game, Billy D did not want to run Taurean ragged. With Richard, Noah, Horford and in a pinch Speights... most teams could not match up inside in the half court.

I figured he would adapt style to personal. Just figured it'd make good conversation to discuss.

XPS
03-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Our team, for the most part, played a half court game. With nobody stepping up to back up Green and Green playing like 38 minutes a game, Billy D did not want to run Taurean ragged. With Richard, Noah, Horford and in a pinch Speights... most teams could not match up inside in the half court.

I figured he would adapt style to personal. Just figured it'd make good conversation to discuss.

I understand what your saying. Fla will be unreal starting next year and I thought they were really good this year, considering how young they were...

VandyChuck
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
The athleticism or UK, UT, and UF in 2008-09 is going to rival the ACC. Bama has potential to be there too.

You obviously haven't been to Memorial before a game and watched an AJ vs. Keegan dunk contest on the 9 foot goals in the practice gym.

XPS
03-11-2008, 03:20 PM
You obviously haven't been to Memorial before a game and watched an AJ vs. Keegan dunk contest on the 9 foot goals in the practice gym.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Vandy420
03-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Hopefully this takes UK out of the plans for a visit by Jeff Taylor.

Rocky@theTop
03-11-2008, 04:14 PM

I try to stay away from that fire trap as much as possible. :D

Vandy420
03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Also, just wait, I can't wait to see the SEC have to face AJ Ogilvy & Festus Ezelli at the same time. Talking about the towers of terror. These 2 guys are big. Both 6'10"+ Both 235lbs+. Should be a good inside duo, hopefully we can get some solid shooters on the outside and have a very solid team next year.

VandyChuck
03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Hopefully this takes UK out of the plans for a visit by Jeff Taylor.

I wish Taylor's recruitment wasn't so under wraps. This kid has been SILENT. But word has it we're still in good standing.

I've heard we lead for Brad Tinsley.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I understand what your saying. Fla will be unreal starting next year and I thought they were really good this year, considering how young they were...

Likewise UK has done an amazing job of overcoming so many injuries and with PP healthy next year and so much wing talent... not going to be fun. Well it will be fun because the games will continue to be great, but it won't be because my nerves will be shot during them :doh:

420, sounds like there will be great battles in the pain between UF and Vandy. Speights (6'10, 250), Kadji (6'10, 240), Chaney (6'9, 230) and Vargas (6'10, 210 or so right now) along with Tyus (6'8 but needs about 25 pounds) will see a lot of time at the 4 and 5. Werner will play the 4 too but I don't see him matching up well v those guys from Vandy because he is only 6'8 but Tyus can explode off the floor and Werner can't.

Vandy420
03-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Festus Ezelli 6'11" 245lbs
AJ Ogilvy 6'11" 250lbs

Guess I actually undersized them now that I look at the Vandy website. Those are the only 2 Centers we have on the roster. There should be some classic battles coming up between the big men from UF, UK, Vandy, and UT. The SEC east is going to be rough.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyway, back to Kevin Galloway. He's one of the three best JUCO point guards in the country. I've seen him compared to Tyrone Appleton (Kansas) and Derwin Kitchen (Florida State).

Vandy420
03-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Yea wish we could recruit JUCO players.

Anyway back to Jeff Taylor. It would be huge to get Taylor and Tinsley. I was hoping to get Zeke Mason from CPA in nashville, but the numbers games looks to take him out of the picture unless we have an unexpected transfer.

SkyAntoine
03-11-2008, 05:07 PM
On the call in show last night, Billy Clyde was once again asked about recruits. At first he said we needed a big guy, then went on to say that our style of play would be suited to whatever was available on our roster.

Who are the bigs left that are uncommitted? I would like to see Patterson play more at the PF position next year. I know that was one of his big concerns when choosing a school because it will be his position at the next level. Remember the Coach K story when PP's mom caught him in a lie?

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Kyle Rowley is a guy that's mentioned. There's a quite a few JUCOs over there that are on UK's wish list. But, watch out for coaches that get fired, somebody might pop open from that avenue too.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Festus Ezelli 6'11" 245lbs
AJ Ogilvy 6'11" 250lbs

Guess I actually undersized them now that I look at the Vandy website. Those are the only 2 Centers we have on the roster. There should be some classic battles coming up between the big men from UF, UK, Vandy, and UT. The SEC east is going to be rough.

I gotta say, I love the name Festus Ezelli. Reminds me of Festivus :cheers:

SkyAntoine
03-11-2008, 05:12 PM
But, watch out for coaches that get fired, somebody most pop open from that avenue too.

Great point.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
On the call in show last night, Billy Clyde was once again asked about recruits. At first he said we needed a big guy, then went on to say that our style of play would be suited to whatever was available on our roster.

Who are the bigs left that are uncommitted? I would like to see Patterson play more at the PF position next year. I know that was one of his big concerns when choosing a school because it will be his position at the next level. Remember the Coach K story when PP's mom caught him in a lie?

If being a PF was his big criteria, he'd be next to Speights. I would not sweat that. He is obviously doing whatever is needed.

GatorMan32
03-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Kyle Rowley is a guy that's mentioned. There's a quite a few JUCOs over there that are on UK's wish list. But, watch out for coaches that get fired, somebody might pop open from that avenue too.

What coaches on the hot seat signed bigs of interest? Just curious. Did not know if you looked into it already.

kentubbybasketball
03-11-2008, 05:29 PM
J'Mison Morgan is one that comes to mind right away from LSU, but I really didn't want to mention that outright out of respect to the LSU fans. If Felton is fired, who knows about Thompkins. There are others that I can't readily think of right now either.

XPS
03-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Also, just wait, I can't wait to see the SEC have to face AJ Ogilvy & Festus Ezelli at the same time. Talking about the towers of terror. These 2 guys are big. Both 6'10"+ Both 235lbs+. Should be a good inside duo, hopefully we can get some solid shooters on the outside and have a very solid team next year.

No problem, UK and the rest of the country can collapse on the big tandem, because Foster is FINALLY gone :raz:

Vandy420
03-12-2008, 09:59 AM
But you know Vandy will always have the great outside shooters, always have, always will. Keegan Bell is a good outside shooter. I think this is a point of focus in our recruiting. If we can get Jeff Taylor and Brad Tinsley that would shore up our outside shot. Also, Lance Goulborne and Steve Tchienchang are very athletic and should be great additions. If we add Tinsley and Taylor (both top 100) this should be a top 20 class.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
XPS, two questions: Who do you think the next commitment is? Is Galloway's commitment a sign that Liggins might not qualify?