Dee Bost(Hargrave wins National Title/Bost MVP) [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Dee Bost(Hargrave wins National Title/Bost MVP)

leland5
03-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Mississippi State signee(Guard/Dee Bost )scores 44 points to lead Hargrave into Thursday nights National Prep School championship game. Bost has been playing very well. Dee Bost is for real.

Observations | Langston Wertz Jr.
て「 I sat beside one of the state's top recruiting analysts, Mike Talbott,Thursday at the 3A regionals. Talbott couldn't stop talking about former Charlotte Christian star Damier Pitts, now at Hargrave Military Academy.

"He plays like Chris Paul's cousin," Talbott said. "Marshall is getting a steal."

Pitts' teammate, 2007 Observer player of the year Dee Bost of Concord, scored 44 to lead Hargrave into Thursday night's National Prep School championship game. Bost has signed with Mississippi State.

て「 Winston-Salem Glenn's bright orange uniforms (think tangerine) are eye-catching. I haven't seen any high school team even close to that. Glenn coach Lee Reavis wore a tangerine tie with a matching towel.

て「 Hickory's 6-6 freshman, Tyler Poole, is a solid basketball player, but he might be a better baseball player. He can already throw a 90 mph fastball. "He's an athlete and a half," Talbott said.

leland5
03-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Dee Bost scores 26 points, as Hargrave wins the National Prep Title. Dee Bost scored 90 points in Hargrave's 3 wins, and was named MVP. According to write up, Dee Bost was the best player on the court everytime he suited up. Some of the other top players........Tyreke Evans, Terrence Jennings, Devin Ebanks, DeAndre Liggins, Ect.

leland5
03-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Hargrave Earns National Title

Dee Bost By Adam Finkelstein
Special to Scout.com
Posted Mar 7, 2008

The National Prep Championship took place this week at Fordham University in the Bronx. At the end of the three day, single-elimination tournament Hargrave Military Academy had earned the title of national champions.

It was a fitting end to the prep school season as the nationてs two top ranked teams were set to square off Thursday night in the finals of the National Prep Championship. Hargrave Military Academy (VA) and Findlay College Prep (NV) both brought undefeated records into the game.

Ultimately the 40 minutes of action lived up to its billing as the game came down to the final possession. With 4.6 seconds remaining, Findlay trailed 75-72. They held possession of the ball, but at the opposite baseline, meaning they would have to advance the ball the entire length of the floor and look for a three-point attempt to send the game into overtime.

Hargrave Military Academy Head Coach Kevin Keatts had other ideas as he instructed his team to foul Findlay and put them on the free-throw line since they were in the one and one bonus. Hargrave executed to perfection and sent Kentucky bound guard DeAndre Liggins to the stripe with only 1.3 seconds remaining. After Liggins knocked down the first attempt, everyone in the Rose Hill Gymnasium knew what was coming next. He would have to intentionally miss the second, hoping his team could quickly convert the offensive rebound.

Liggins did his part as his second free-throw hit the side of the rim and bounced over Hargraveてs Chris Braswell. Findlayてs Curtis Dennis flew in from the perimeter, caught the ball in the short corner, and immediately went up into his shot that would have tied the game. But there was Braswell, who had followed the ball and came up with the final blocked shot of the game as time expired giving Hargrave a 75-73 victory and a national championship.

Future Mississippi State guard Dee Bost earned tournament MVP honors as he scored a combined 90 points in Hargraveてs three wins, including a game high 26 in the finals. Simply put, Bost was the best player on the court every time he suited up. He shot the ball tremendously well throughout the week knocking down at least four three-pointers in each game. But he was far from one dimensional as his shooting prowess opened up the lane which allowed him to showcase his ability to attack off the bounce.

OTHER INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES

Two of the biggest names in the field, Tyreke Evans and Devin Ebanks, both failed to show their best as American Chrisitian and St. Thomas More fell in first round action on Tuesday night. However, there were plenty of other impressive performances.

Damier Pitts て Hargrave Military Academy: While Bost may have been the tournamentてs MVP, Pitts was a close second as the backcourt duo was dominant all week. He scored 28, 28, and 22 in Hargraveてs three wins and also came up with several big shots through the course of the tournament. Marshall has definitely landed a steal in this guard who will put points on the board immediately upon arriving at the West Virginia campus.

Curtis Dennis て Findlay College Prep: The New Mexico State bound swingman is known by most to be a shooter. And while he certainly proved his prowess from behind the arc this week, he also showed he is much more versatile than many realize as he scored in the mid-range area and got to the rim in the open floor. He had 17 points in Findlayてs semi-final wins over Notre Dame Prep and 22 in the finals.

Brice Massamba て Findlay College Prep: The big man made Hargrave pay every time they opted to guard him in single coverage as he backed his defender down with power dribbles and showed an ability to score with either hand. If he can improve his body look for him to have a productive career at UNLV.

Mark Lyons て Brewster Academy: てCheeksて is headed to Xavier next year where he appears poised to step right in for departing senior point guard Drew Lavender. While Brewsterてs lead guard isnてt quite the prototypical floor general that Lavender is, he can flat out make plays. His ability to create offense off the bounce is second to none as is his leaping ability which allowed him to get up and dunk on several would-be shot blockers.

Emmanuel Negedu て Brewster Academy: He and Cheeks provided the inside-out balance that helped Brewster advance to the semi-finals before eventually falling to Hargrave. Known by many as a Ben Wallace type rebounder, the Arizona bound forward showed his improved skill set as he knocked down two three-pointers and consistently scored on the low post with his jump hook.

Melquan Bolding て Notre Dame Prep: The NYC native nailed a three-pointer at the buzzer to give his Notre Dame Prep team an upset victory over Patterson in the first round. But his real talent is being able to get to the rim as his slashing ability helped him score 15 of his 20 points in the second half of that game. Notre Dame ended up falling to Findlay in an overtime thriller in the semi-finals.

Lamont Jones て American Christian: Another local product who shined in his return to the city, てMoMoて did his best to compensate for Tyreke Evansて lackluster performance. He scored 23 points in American Christianてs hard fought loss to Brewster Academy in the opening round. After recently de-committing from Louisville local schools like St. Johnてs and Seton Hall are now said to be high on his list.

Varez Ward て Patterson School: With Patterson getting very little inside from Matt Simpkins, it fell on Ward on the rest of the backcourt to pick up their games. The unsigned senior certainly did that as his quick first step and powerful frame allowed him to get into the lane and finish against contact.

Lonnie Hayes て Harmony School: Hayes scored 27 points, although it wasnてt enough as Harmony fell to Findlay in a hard fought first round match-up. Hayes is another unsigned senior who caught the attention of the coaches in the stands as he knocked down five three-pointers, scored in the mid-range area, and also got to the rim.

SCOREBOARD

Quarter-Finals

(#1) Hargrave Military Academy 98 (#8) St. Thomas More 75
(#4) Brewster Academy 84 (#5) American Christian 79
(#6) Notre Dame Prep 75 (#4) Patterson School 73
(#2) Findlay College Prep 88 (#7) Harmony School 79
Semi-Finals

Hargrave Military Academy 102 Brewster Academy 93
Findlay College Prep 74 Notre Dame Prep 70 (OT)

Finals

Hargrave Military Academy 75 Findlay College Prep 73

OffThePorch
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
cool. another good class coming in.

NCMISSSTFAN
03-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Scout has him as a 4 star top 150 and rivals has him as a 3 star top 150. Ratings really don't mean much but I could see them rising. I've heard about him around here.

kentubbybasketball
03-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Speaking of rankings, it's hard to rank high schoolers with prep players, because they're all at different points in their maturation level I would think. Bost should be more ready for college than the normal high schooler that goes from senior year in high school to freshman year in college.

Wave&Dawgs
03-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I can't wait to see Dee Bost and Romero Osby in Maroon and White. If Gordon stays, we will be a dangerous team next season.

msudawg4life
03-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Speaking of rankings, it's hard to rank high schoolers with prep players, because they're all at different points in their maturation level I would think. Bost should be more ready for college than the normal high schooler that goes from senior year in high school to freshman year in college.

also.....they are all playing in Different levels of competition.....especially when it comes to Prep play....smaller schools = lesser talent...not always...but it's much diff then paying in a 5A school because the # of good players is down....instead of 3-4 good players you prob will only have 1-2 on prep teams...

leland5
03-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Prep school(post-graduate) basketball is very competitive. Lots of very talented coaches, teams, and players.

leland5
03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Northstar Basketball
Leading the way in the search for excellence on and off the hardwood

Sunday, March 16, 2008
Dee Bost- Excited For College

The point guard for a national champion team is always a top-notch player, and the guy at the "1" for Hargrave Military Academy (VA), the prep national champion, was no different. Dee Bost, a 6'1 post-grad was the floor leader for Hargrave and led the sqaud to an undefeated season, culminating in a national championship. Bost, who is will bring his skills to Mississippi St. next year, was awarded the MVP trophy by Hargrave Head Coach Kevin Keatts, and for good reason. Bost led all scorers with 26 points, along with five rebounds, three steals, and an assist. Bost was kind enough to talk with me for a few minutes after the huge victory.

NB: What does it mean to you personally to win a national championship?
DB: It feels good to win a national championship, especially on this stage . . . Because it’s like you [are] basically playing with college players, but we got one more step next year, once we hit college, so it [will] feel even better next year, but it feels real good this year.

NB: What do you think is more important for the program: going undefeated [or] winning a national championship? . . . What do you think about that, the accomplishment you guys did this season?
DB: For the program that’s a big thing, [that] we went undefeated. Especially after going undefeated, [that] we came here and won a national championship, that means a lot to the program. It’s going, it going to blow up.

NB: How’d you pick Mississippi St. over all the schools looking at you?
DB: With Mississippi St., when I went down there, I had a good visit and they told me that, from day one, that they were going to put the ball in my hands, they were going to let me learn as a freshman, and if I made turnovers . . . they were going to let me learn. . . . So, they [are] going to let me learn my freshman year.

NB: Does this great season Mississippi St.’s having this year get you more excited to be playing for them?
DB: Oh yeah, yeah, definitely. The year they [are] having this year made me just want to go there right now, and just play. I cant wait to get there. It’s going to be real fun once I get there.

NB: [Are there] any goals you have [for your time] in the SEC at Mississippi St.?
DB: My first goal is to get us to win. . . . Okay, first goal is to win the conference title and take . . . [it] game by game. And then the next goal is for me to lead the league in assists, and then get SEC Player of the Year, but first comes the team goals, and then my individual goals.

NB: Do you have a goal to make it to the NBA after college?
DB: Oh yeah, . . . no matter if it takes four years, a year. . . . that’s my goal, to get to the NBA. I’m going to work hard just to get there. A lot of players don’t make it, but I’m going to work hard to get there.

NB: How’d you pick Hargrave over all the prep schools in the country? What went into the [decision] to come here?
DB: Picking Hargrave, it was a hard choice because it’s a military school, but I had to get my grades right first of all, and everybody told me that’s the number one school, especially [for] going through the [NCAA] Clearinghouse just to get your grades right. So I had . . . that, as far as grades, and then as far as the basketball program, they were number one, so I couldn’t resist playing basketball, I could just take in my grades while I’m in, and not worry about the military part.

NB: So it’s been a good experience playing at Hargrave?
DB: Yeah, it’s been a great experience. It was fun, I feel like I was in high school again.

NB: Now that you’re done with your high school basketball career, your prep career, everything, reflecting back on [it], what was the best moment?
DB: Oh, I [don’t] got one special moment, but I got a lot of moments, especially just winning this national championship on the prep school level. I won two for high school, this prep school championship means a lot.

NB: What high school was that at?
DB: Concord High in North Carolina.

NB: What does that MVP trophy you have in your hand mean to you?
DB: It means a lot, but I’m just glad that we won. . . . In our state championships in high school I won MVP, but it means a lot, especially just winning [it] at the prep school level.

As evidenced by what he told me, Dee is excited to get down to Mississippi St. and play ball in the SEC. Bost should be a high quality college basketball player, as he is a good floor general, and has a sweet touch from beyond the arc. Bost was easily the best player the premiere player on the court at the Prep National Championships title game, and his performance led his team to victory, something that Bost will look to continue doing at the next level. If Dee Bost plays like he did in his final game on the prep level which is "basically . . . college players," according Dee, then he should be primed for success from here on out.

NCMISSSTFAN
03-19-2008, 04:05 PM
Winning a national championship at the prep level is very good, and he led this team, I've getting alot more excited about his guy. Can't wait to see him next season.

leland5
03-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Dee Bost is super talented, Prep school sensation.
McDonalds All American type talent, Ect.
This kid is for real.

OffThePorch
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Bost might be our main point guard next season if Jamont leaves early. about 6 months to tip time.

leland5
04-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Dee Bost scored 20 points in Concord's 70-71 loss to Oak Hill Academy(Brandon Jennings, Alex Legion, Nolan Smith, Ect.). McDonald's All American point guard- Brandon Jennings scored 9 points for Oak Hill, including a 3 point basket in the closing seconds to help give Oak Hill the win. Alex Legion led Oak Hill with 23 points and Lance Lewis led Concord with 21 points. Also, McDonald's All American, Nolan Smith had 17 points for Oak Hill.

OffThePorch
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
cool. he's going to be a good one. http://www.wbtv.com/prep/localpreps/7426421.html

leland5
05-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Dee Bost........North Carolina-NCHSSA Male Athelete Of The Year while at Concord Highschool. Also, All- State, All Conference, Won 3A State Championship and awarded Finals MVP, MVP of the North Carolina vs South Carolina All Star Game. Bost won East MVP in the Charolotte Pro- Am All Star Classic, Clemson's Demontezz Stitt won West MVP. Selected Most Oustanding Player in Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions(Bost 16- and under team won the title). Bost led the United States All Stars with 17 points in a loss to the Baltimore Stars in the Charm City Classic. Bost put up big numbers against Demontezz Stitt(Clemson) and his team in the East-West All Star game(Bost 24, Stitt 15). Prep School(Hargrave Military Academy)........Dee Bost helped lead Hargrave Military Academy to an undefeated season and the Prep School National Title(Bost was named MVP).

leland5
05-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Demontezz Stitt(freshman point guard) came up big against Missisippi State in Clemson's a big road win at Starkville,. Stitt had a very good freshman season for Clemson.

leland5
06-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Bost scored 44 points in the Brewster Academy(Emanuel Negedu, Mark Lyons, Anthony Crater, Ect.) win.

Earlier in the season.........

Hargrave Military Academy Atheletics
Hargrave 95 New Hampton 69

Hargrave was led by Dee Bost with 17 points and 3 steals. Eshaunte Jones scored 15 points and had 4 rebounds. Damier Pitts scored 14 points and had a team high 7 assists. Chris Braswell scored 13 points and had 2 blocks. Tommy Brenton scored 10 points and had 9 rebounds.

Hargrave wins FUMA Invitational

Hargrave improves to 12-0

leland5
07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Bost is About Championships

By Steve Robertson
Scout.com
Posted Mar 19, 2008

Dee Bost just helped lead Hargrave to a national championship at the prep school level. The experience has been beneficial for Dee and he hopes to bring a new level of maturity with him to Starkville.

Dee Bost profile
Bost and his Hargrave Military Academy teammates finished the season with a National Prep championship and an unblemished record. The experience was an eye opener for Dee.

"Coming in, I didn't think we could accomplish all we did, especially after the first day of practice," said Bost.

Dee says the first few days of practice were very challenging. The team was comprised of players who had little to no knowledge of each other or the strengths and weaknesses of the team.

Hargrave Military Academy Head Coach Kevin Keatts is no stranger to life as a basketball coach on the prep school level. He was able to meld the raw materials into a perfect season.

"It feels really good to win a National Championship at this level," said Bost. "We had guys from all over. We all worked hard and came together. It all worked out for us."

The experience has helped Dee mature as both a person and a player. He hopes to bring his newly refined talent to Starkville for even more polish.

"I learned that I can play with anyone at any level if I work hard," said Bost. "I know I have a lot to work on too. I know I have to be better on defense and I am really going to work on creating on offense."

There are still a few months to go before Dee reports to the MSU campus to begin his tour of duty on the Humphrey Coliseum hardwood, but he already feels part of it. He is looking forward to seeing his future teammates participate in the NCAA Men's basketball tournament this weekend.

"I feel really good about everything," said Bost. "I have my mind on them winning the National Championship. If I didn't believe in them I would have gone some where else. That's the main reason I picked Mississippi State. I picked them because I believe we can win championships."

Dee is just one piece of the incoming Bulldog signing class and he hopes the three man class including Romero Osby and Scotty Hopson reports to Starkville in tact.

"It's tough to say about Scotty right now," said Bost. "I am not really sure where he's head is at right now. We still talk, but with all of us playing it's been harder to get together. If we add him it will be a great addition and we will make a good run together.

I still talk to Romero about once a week or so. I am looking forward to playing with him. He feels the same way I do about everything. We want to get to school and start getting better so we can win championships."

OffThePorch
07-03-2008, 06:35 PM
really like this Bost kid a lot. he's a winner. i look for him to be our pg. i think Osby plays a lot of minutes as a freshman too.. inside with Varnado.

all 4 kids are already on campus getting ready. this will be a very interesting season.

leland5
07-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Mississippi State is bringing in guys who are talking about winning championships, even the National Championship.(Mississippi State Basketball.....Sky is the Limit.)

leland5
07-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Dee Bost.......
"I feel really good about everything," said Bost. "I have my mind on them winning the National Championship. If I didn't believe in them I would have gone some where else. That's the main reason I picked Mississippi State. I picked them because I believe we can win championships."

NCMISSSTFAN
07-04-2008, 07:52 PM
You have a link leland?

OffThePorch
07-04-2008, 07:53 PM
http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42658&page=2

leland5
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
You have a link leland? It's in this thread, Also, here it is below..........

Bost is About Championships

By Steve Robertson
Scout.com
Posted Mar 19, 2008

Dee Bost just helped lead Hargrave to a national championship at the prep school level. The experience has been beneficial for Dee and he hopes to bring a new level of maturity with him to Starkville.

Dee Bost profile
Bost and his Hargrave Military Academy teammates finished the season with a National Prep championship and an unblemished record. The experience was an eye opener for Dee.

"Coming in, I didn't think we could accomplish all we did, especially after the first day of practice," said Bost.

Dee says the first few days of practice were very challenging. The team was comprised of players who had little to no knowledge of each other or the strengths and weaknesses of the team.

Hargrave Military Academy Head Coach Kevin Keatts is no stranger to life as a basketball coach on the prep school level. He was able to meld the raw materials into a perfect season.

"It feels really good to win a National Championship at this level," said Bost. "We had guys from all over. We all worked hard and came together. It all worked out for us."

The experience has helped Dee mature as both a person and a player. He hopes to bring his newly refined talent to Starkville for even more polish.

"I learned that I can play with anyone at any level if I work hard," said Bost. "I know I have a lot to work on too. I know I have to be better on defense and I am really going to work on creating on offense."

There are still a few months to go before Dee reports to the MSU campus to begin his tour of duty on the Humphrey Coliseum hardwood, but he already feels part of it. He is looking forward to seeing his future teammates participate in the NCAA Men's basketball tournament this weekend.

Dee is just one piece of the incoming Bulldog signing class and he hopes the three man class including Romero Osby and Scotty Hopson reports to Starkville in tact.

"It's tough to say about Scotty right now," said Bost. "I am not really sure where he's head is at right now. We still talk, but with all of us playing it's been harder to get together. If we add him it will be a great addition and we will make a good run together.

I still talk to Romero about once a week or so. I am looking forward to playing with him. He feels the same way I do about everything. We want to get to school and start getting better so we can win championships."

leland5
07-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Dee Bost(Concord High School).........

http://www.localreplay.com/team/videos.php?season=4&id=371329&vidindex=7&key=39273961EC17C61C&title=Drive%20the%20Lane
http://www.localreplay.com/team/videos.php?season=4&id=371329&vidindex=5&key=7C01CEADDCAC00E7&title=