question about voting..... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : question about voting.....

Storm
02-22-2008, 10:27 AM
i just realized, since moving back from England, I don't know where i am suppose to vote, or how i get registered in my area. does anyone know where you go for that? is it the library, or the post office? any help would be appreciated.

Herchel
02-22-2008, 11:04 AM
i just realized, since moving back from England, I don't know where i am suppose to vote, or how i get registered in my area. does anyone know where you go for that? is it the library, or the post office? any help would be appreciated.

Are you a liberal? Well, where you live, it won't matter. In GA, each county has a board of voter registration. Look up your county government in the phone book.

Really Big Bama Fan
02-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Are you still driving under your British license? When you switched back to your American driver's license they should have registered you under the motor voter law. If they did not do that for you, just look up voter registration for your community on Google.

Storm
02-22-2008, 12:37 PM
LOL....I still have my Kentucky drivers license. I got it right before we left for England, and it expires next month......but i am going in the next week or two to get a new license. I guess I can do it then.

Really Big Bama Fan
02-22-2008, 01:01 PM
LOL....I still have my Kentucky drivers license. I got it right before we left for England, and it expires next month......but i am going in the next week or two to get a new license. I guess I can do it then.

Be sure to bring all of the necessary forms of ID with you to get your new license. Years ago, when I moved back to Alabama briefly from Louisiana, I switched my Driver's License and car registration to Alabama because the insurance cost was lower in Alabama. But Alabama required that I show my Social Security card. Naturally, I protested that the card says it is not to be used for identification, I tried to use my Louisiana license (which showed my Social Security number) and my passport (which actually is official identification) plus I had no idea where the card was. I lost the argument and went to the Social Security office for a replacement card. They asked for my Louisiana Drivers License, and copied the Social Security number directly from it. So much for Alabama's stringent requirements...

deterp
02-22-2008, 04:34 PM
County offices, Storm. Voter registration section. What the kids did while in S'boro.

georgiaguy31015
02-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Contact your local county courthouse. They will help you and direct you on what to do.