Vols lead chase for Hopson [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vols lead chase for Hopson

XPS
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Since his decision to not sign during the early signing period last month, the Scotty Hopson recruiting circuit has heated up considerably.
Alex Byington | Kentucky New Era University Heights Academy forward Scotty Hopson shoots againt Caldwell County Saturday night in the Blazers' 70-60 victory at Blazer Gym.

There is now a list of more than 10 schools that have made contact and are interested in recruiting the University Heights Academy star.

Hopsoné─˘s mother, Jeanette Hopson, said Saturday that Tennessee and Louisville are among the schools showing the most interest in her 6-foot-7 son. Both the Vols and Cardinals have made personal contact with the Hopson family on numerous occasions.

However, Kentucky head coach Billy Gillispie has not personally talked with the Hopson family.

Despite appearing at two events that the Blazers have attended this year, Gillispie has instead sent his assistant and recruiting coordinator Glynn Cyprien to do all the talking, a fact that bothers Jeannette.

Hopson, who is ranked as the No. 9 overall player in the country by Rivals.com, is averaging over 25.8 points and nine rebounds per game this year while helping to lead the Blazers to a 5-1 record this season, their best start since the 1997-98 season in which they started 6-1.

Among the other schools interested in Hopson include Maryland, Kansas, Kansas State, UConn, Georgia, Cincinnati and Mississippi State, the school he originally committed to the summer before his junior season.

http://www.kentuckynewera.com/articles/2007/12/17/sports/free/doc4766beb2195fb415509000.txt

Rocky@theTop
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Something tells me he ends up at Mississippi State.

msubulldog0610
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Something tells me he ends up at Mississippi State.

You didn't see my last thread? He's not coming..I've found out for sure cause a guy that works with Stansbury told us..I can't say his name but he said their really upset about not getting Hopson, although they said he is a one and done and all into himself..

XPS
12-17-2007, 03:59 PM
I think Tenn is looking like the school to beat right now. Of course you got to watch out for Pitino...

kentubbybasketball
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
I hope he doesn't end up at Kentucky. I have really have questions about how much Hopson will be into whichever team is fortunate enough/unfortunate enough to get him.

georgiaguy31015
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I haven't heard to many good things about this kid's character on here. If the reports are true would you want him on your team?