Scotty Hopson isn't coming to MSU... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Hopson isn't coming to MSU...

msubulldog0610
12-16-2007, 03:28 AM
I have an extremely reliable source that confirmed what I believed..We are friends with one of the basketball players from the Final Four team and he works with Rick Stansbury..Well he confirmed to my dad that there is a lot of the negativity in the program over Hopson..And he said that negativity is because he is not coming to MSU..But when my dad and him talked, he said that Scotty is a one and done and pretty much a one dimensional player..He said there is an I in team and all into himself and would detract from the program...I believe that has led to some of our poor coaching..When you lose a star that you have been recruiting for nearly 5 years, you're going to be really down..But yeah..He's not coming..Anyway I'm just glad to have Dee Bost and Romero Osby and hoping that we'll have a turnaround in the season soon..If not hope these guys can make an impact next year...

GatorMan32
12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
I do not think there is an excuse for letting recruiting impact coaching.

georgiaguy31015
12-16-2007, 07:50 PM

Me either that's ridiculous and should never happen. As for Hopson if the guy acts like you say then hell you don't want him anyway.

kentubbybasketball
12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
This is a major blow to MSU. I think this has the potential to sting this program with future recruits, because other coaches will use whatever they can against MSU. Stansbury's gotta realize that his program is better than any one individual... and Hopson doesn't deserve the honor of changing his coaching. If this program isn't above one person its' Coach Stansbury not Hopson.

It's still tough to say good riddance, because he has obvious talent. I wonder how committed he'l be wherever he ends up... his past history of showing commitments leaves a lot to be desired.

statesboroblues
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Sorry, but this is laughable. Hopson has not made one bit of difference on how this team is being coached. Stans has always been a poor decision maker on the go.

"Eat a Peach"

OffThePorch
12-18-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry, but this is laughable. Hopson has not made one bit of difference on how this team is being coached. Stans has always been a poor decision maker on the go.
"Eat a Peach"

Jamont going 1 for 14 & Ben going 0 for 10 doesnt translate to poor coaching imo. it translates to poor shooting. Rick isnt the best but this isnt all his fault.
As for Hopson i could care less either way. If we keep that scholly for the next class thats fine with me.

kentubbybasketball
12-18-2007, 02:47 PM

"Eat a Peach"

Wow. Tell us how you really mean.

msudawgs1964
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM

I don't either and if Stansbury uses it, show him the exit door to Humphrey Colisium while kicking his arse to the curb.

As for Hopson, good luck to whoever he decides to use for a year. I figure if he waits long enough on his decision he can skip college all together and go straight to the pros, you know, skip the middleman.

statesboroblues
12-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Jamont going 1 for 14 & Ben going 0 for 10 doesnt translate to poor coaching imo. it translates to poor shooting. Rick isnt the best but this isnt all his fault.
As for Hopson i could care less either way. If we keep that scholly for the next class thats fine with me.

If you think I am talking about one game you are mistaken. If you think I am saying this is all his fault you are mistaken. We have no perimeter defense. We do not run an offense and if the shots are not falling and we are in a close game down the stretch we will lose more times than not. Does his NCAA tournament success ring a bell?

"Eat a Peach"

OffThePorch
12-19-2007, 12:38 PM
We are tied for 7th in the league in 3 point defense at .333. teams have (62) 3s out of 186 attempts. we are 4th in the league in scoring defense. we've probably played more tough teams than anyone in conference and we've been in them all. i dont think our defense is playing that bad overall. we have had a few players go off on us & we need to correct that.
Stansbury isnt a great floor coach and ive never said he was. but sometimes it falls on the players to make plays, to make shots. i think its a combination of things that can be turned around. im not giving up on Stans or the team.
hopefully we can win tonight and get back on track.