Hopson comments on recruiting at Hoopfest.. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Hopson comments on recruiting at Hoopfest..

msubulldog0610
12-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Well Scotty was the star on his team as they beat Lafayette 56-50..He had 24 points on 9 of 22 shooting, 3 of 6 from three, 3 of 5 from the line, 6 rebounds, 2 assists..The writer said he needs to improve his leadership some on the floor but thinks he really has pro potential..As for recruitment, I really think we lost him..I mean I may be wrong but his words are now starting to go away from State..Here is a quote from the article..

As for his recruitment, Hopson said that Tennessee, Louisville and Kentucky have been in contact with him and have offered scholarships. He also said it was his understanding that Indiana, Georgia and Georgia Tech had contacted his high school coach. Hopson also had these comments on his situation.

"I'm just weighing my options," said Hopson. "Signing is a big decision, and I want to make sure I make the right decision.

"I want to play in an up tempo system and get up and down the floor. That is the way I like to play. I'm also looking for a coach who knows how to develop pros and how much T.V. exposure the team gets."

Bruce Pearl was on hand to watch Hopson as was Cincinnati, who is also considered a contender for Hopson's services.

I don't see how State doesn't have an uptempo offense and Stansbury can get u ready for the pros...He's too much into himself about playing in the NBA and TV exposure..I mean cmon even Jamont doesn't complain about that and Jamont is a very talented player...If we don't get Scotty, then oh well..Stansbury has put so much time into this kid from what I heard like the 8th or 9th grade and he may not honor the commitment..If he goes somewhere else he may be a one and done..At least we have Romero Osby and Dee Bost =D...So really if he comes great..If not then I don't really care..I'm glad at least we have some people (Bost and Osby) who lived up to commitment and will hopefully live up to their hype..

Here's the full article..
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=749206

MSUado
12-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I no longer carae about getting Hopson. If he comes that's fine. We will have a marginally better season than without him. I expect that when Bost and Osby are sophomores and Ben, Barry, and Jarvis are seniors we will have a very good season. Hopefully the potential that Augustus, and R. Johnson have will have come to fruition and we will have a solid team. I'm not too worried about him because it seems like he's a one and done and his play will detract from the development of the team as a whole. Good riddance, that's what I say.

msubulldog0610
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM
I no longer carae about getting Hopson. If he comes that's fine. We will have a marginally better season than without him. I expect that when Bost and Osby are sophomores and Ben, Barry, and Jarvis are seniors we will have a very good season. Hopefully the potential that Augustus, and R. Johnson have will have come to fruition and we will have a solid team. I'm not too worried about him because it seems like he's a one and done and his play will detract from the development of the team as a whole. Good riddance, that's what I say.

I agree completely..Yeah I think we will have a great season..Romero is a beast and Bost has been doing very well at Hargrave..By the time our main guys (Barry, Ben, Jarvis) are seniors, Romero and Dee will be very mature in the game and hopefully playing awesome..I expect Romero to make an immediate impact next year..Hopefully Dee will too. Augustus could be awesome..He can shoot the 3 and was great yesterday when I saw him make those 2..He can really slam it home..I was at the practice game and he made a thunderous one handed slam over I think it was Rhodes..Ravern has the talent but I don't think he's played enough...He was amazing at 3's in high school and in a pickup game my friend played against him and he said he was lighting it up beyond the arc..Yeah he seems like he is a "all about himself" kind of player and I don't want that on our team..

Fatboy
12-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't want him anymore. He would have been a great player but the NCAA is going to be camped out at any school who picks up this kid.

msubulldog0610
12-11-2007, 01:11 AM
I don't want him anymore. He would have been a great player but the NCAA is going to be camped out at any school who picks up this kid.

Yeah I agree with ya..I mean if we do get him, fine..But whatever he's all into himself and I first saw that in his Myspace page and now see it for sure...