How the coaches voted for UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : How the coaches voted for UGA

Herchel
12-03-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2007/12/03/coachvotes_1204.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech - 6

Mike Bellotti, Oregon - 4

Brett Bielema, Wisconsin - 5

Larry Blakeney, Troy - 4

Tommy Bowden, Clemson - 4

Bobby Bowden, FSU - 3

Jeff Bower, Southern Mississippi - 3

Art Briles, Houston - 6

Mack Brown, Texas - 7

Bill Callahan, Nebraska - 7

Neil Callaway, Alabama at Birmingham - 2

Lloyd Carr, Michigan - 6

Mario Cristobal, Florida International - 5

Sylvester Croom, Mississippi State - 3

Bill Cubit, Western Michigan - 5

Mark Dantonio, Michigan State - 6

Butch Davis, North Carolina - 5

Bill Doba, Washington State - 5

Randy Edsall, Connecticut - 2

Dennis Franchione, Texas A&M - 4

Phillip Fulmer, Tennessee - 4

Jeff Genyk, Eastern Michigan - 4

Joe Glenn, Wyoming - 10

Jim Grobe, Wake Forest - 5

Dan Hawkins, Colorado - 6

Pat Hill, Fresno State - 6

Steve Kragthorpe, Louisville - 4

Mark Leach, Texas Tech - 2

Rocky Long, New Mexico - 6

Sonny Lubick, Colorado State - 4

Bill Lynch, Indiana - 4

Doug Martin, Kent State - 6

Les Miles, LSU - 3

Shane Montgomery, Miami (Ohio) - 5

Hal Mumme, New Mexico State - 9

Joe Novak, Northern Illinois - 6

Houston Nutt, Arkansas - 3

Tom O'Brien, North Carolina State - 7

George O'Leary, Central Florida - 4

Gary Patterson, TCU - 3

Chris Peterson, Boise State - 4

Mark Richt, Georgia - 2

Mike Riley, Oregon State - 5

Rich Rodriguez, West Virginia - 3

Greg Schiano, Rutgers - 2

Howard Schnellenberger, Florida Atlantic -8

Mark Snyder, Marshall - 6

Frank Solich, Ohio - 4

Steve Spurrier, South Carolina - 4

Rich Stockstill, Middle Tennessee - 4

Bob Stoops, Oklahoma - 8

Jeff Tedford, California - 6

Joe Tiller, Purdue - 4

Bob Toledo, Tulane - 2

Dick Tomey, San Jose State - 6

Jim Tressel, Ohio State - 6

Tommy Tuberville, Auburn - 5

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame - 2

Tyrone Willingham, Washington - 4

Ron Zook, Illinois - 5

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Joe Glenn, Wyoming - 10

wtf......

FreddieMac
12-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Bob Toledo, Tulane - 2!! what a TOOL...

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame - 2!! TAKE THAT LSU, after beating my like a dog last year. Where are the ding dongs?

Herchel
12-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Props to Miles for voting #3. I have no problem with SEC coaches voting us 3rd. Higher than that makes no sense. Look at Stoops, Brown and Beamer.

SEC:propertyofLSU
12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I think the SEC coaches were pretty fair about it....

USC90
12-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Spurrier has gone on record that he thought that the NC game should be between Oklahoma and LSU.

GDawg88
12-03-2007, 11:57 AM
The West Coasters killed us.

Dollar Theater
12-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Spurrier has gone on record that he thought that the NC game should be between Oklahoma and LSU.
As do I.

Herchel
12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
The West Coasters killed us.

Not to mention the Big 12

ugabrad
12-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Hah! Jim Tressel voting us #6. It's obvious that he wanted no part of playing the Dawgs...

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I think the SEC coaches were fair about it as well. It is always interesting to look at the final poll, to see how the coaches voted. I would love to see the week before as well - especially this year.

I can understand anywhere from 2-6. Those that went lower than that had to be reaching...

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 01:29 PM

Yeah they were. No surprise really.

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Hah! Jim Tressel voting us #6. It's obvious that he wanted no part of playing the Dawgs...

He and Herby both.

GoDawgs3
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
I think the SEC coaches were fair about it as well. It is always interesting to look at the final poll, to see how the coaches voted. I would love to see the week before as well - especially this year.

I can understand anywhere from 2-6. Those that went lower than that had to be reaching...

My sentiments exactly. I appreciate the respect from Miles. We didn't deserve a #2 spot, but being 3-6 is nice. What the hell is up with the Wyoming coach?? Does he not get television out there?

Funny though that Spurrier thought we were "not some big powerful team", yet he votes us number 4 in the nation. Lol.

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh I think an argument can be made for UGA #2. I think there is no shame in that vote. Hell I think there is a better argument for UGA #2, than OSU #1...

geechee
12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Joe Glenn:rotf: I never heard the name until this moment but, I'll always remember it now. This idiot's future is about as bright as a Wyoming cow's ass.:)

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Didn't Wyoming play us close a few years ago? Perhaps that's why he's doing it?

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Didn't Wyoming play us close a few years ago? Perhaps that's why he's doing it?

We beat them 16-9 in 1998. Thats a little far to go back

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/stories/2007/12/03/coachvotes_1204.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Randy Edsall, Connecticut - 2

Mark Leach, Texas Tech - 2

Greg Schiano, Rutgers - 2

Bob Toledo, Tulane - 2

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame - 2

I do applaud these coach for remembering its about the best team and not falling into this media love for LSU and with their "gotta win the conference" logic

Never, EVER, have I seen a team jump 5 places over teams that didnt lose for a 1 score win over the 14th ranked team in the nation

MidGADawgs
12-03-2007, 03:14 PM
We beat them 16-9 in 1998. Thats a little far to go back

Uggggg. I remember being at that game and being scarred to death that they were going to beat us.

Those were terrible, roller coaster years.

Uggggg.

joehogjoe
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I suppose this is a whine about geo not getting in the NC game but LSU deserves to be there more than does Geo, they actually won the conference title

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I suppose this is a whine about geo not getting in the NC game but LSU deserves to be there more than does Geo, they actually won the conference title

I guess we'll wait a week and see you whine about McFadden not getting a Heisman trophy.

You can at least abbreviate Georgia properly

If you are talking about the state GA, or Ga are acceptable.

The school UGA, or you can even call us the Dawgs or Dogs

joehogjoe
12-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I guess we'll wait a week and see you whine about McFadden not getting a Heisman trophy.

You can at least abbreviate Georgia properly

If you are talking about the state GA, or Ga are acceptable.

The school UGA, or you can even call us the Dawgs or Dogs
Mustangguy, Dmac has the stats worthy of the Heisman, geo doesn't have the conference title throphy worthy of being in the NC game, lsu and ohio st.

I like geo better than GA or Ga, its a nice abbreviation for the team, since Im not mailing anything, and I rarely ever capitalize another teams name.

and believe me I hate to admit I think lsu deserves to be there but I guess they do.

Elvis
12-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I do applaud these coach for remembering its about the best team and not falling into this media love for LSU and with their "gotta win the conference" logic

It's interesting that even the Saint conceded that a conference champion should take precedence over UGA.

Though, in fairness to the Saint, he did say it ought to be a rule set in stone. As an aside, I thought he was the best "interview" of the coaches shown.

As far as I am concerned if UGA had played in the title game, it would have been a semi-national title. They might have been the best team everywhere BUT the SEC. As we all well know, the SEC is the only conference that matters, so winning the semi-title would have been a bit hollow.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Mustangguy, Dmac has the stats worthy of the Heisman, geo doesn't have the conference title throphy worthy of being in the NC game, lsu and ohio st.

I like geo better than GA or Ga, its a nice abbreviation for the team, since Im not mailing anything, and I rarely ever capitalize another teams name.

and believe me I hate to admit I think lsu deserves to be there but I guess they do.

If you cant spell Georgia, just say damn UGA.

Now, You dont HAVE to have a conference title to play for the national title. Its NOT a rule.

If it wasn't for the media being all over LSU's balls this year, they wouldnt be in that game.

LSU this year is like OSU last year and USC the year before.

I will say, I believe UGA is better than LSU, and there isnt one thing you, an LSU fan, or any other person on this site can say to make me change my mind

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
As far as I am concerned if UGA had played in the title game, it would have been a semi-national title.

The great thing about having an SECCG is that there is a game. It isn't left up to computers or pollsters. IF UGA would've gotten to the game it would have cemented the fact that SEC teams should strive to achieve the SEC title. That is the only title they can control. Having coaches pander for votes or plead their case on national TV is sort of pathetic.

UGA didn't do what they needed to win the title they could control, so they were left to hope that another team would do the work for them.

I still maintain that the vast majority of UGA fans are disappointed with how it happened. I can not recall multiple teams jumping a team that hasn't lost in 6 weeks merely because they didn't play. As I said in another thread, if LSU was 4 last week and UGA was 7th, most of what you and others label "whining" would not be happening.

On a side note, was your sadness at losing the SECCG mitigated somewhat by knowing the Vols once again foiled UGA's season? ;)

Elvis
12-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I still maintain that the vast majority of UGA fans are disappointed with how it happened. I can not recall multiple teams jumping a team that hasn't lost in 6 weeks merely because they didn't play. As I said in another thread, if LSU was 4 last week and UGA was 7th, most of what you and others label "whining" would not be happening.

On a side note, was your sadness at losing the SECCG mitigated somewhat by knowing the Vols once again foiled UGA's season? ;)

IMHO, it is pathetic to see UGA fans whining about making it to the Sugar Bowl. It's the sugar bowl. If you aren't excited to make it there as an SEC fan, then you ought to leave and go root for some other ***** conference.

Yes. It gave me pleasure logging on this morning knowing that SMR's disciples would be crying like babies. Fortunately for UGA, it seems to be limited to the fanbase and not the coach. UT = 4 for 4 in ruining UGA's title hopes.

Herchel
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM

It wasn't meant to be a whine, Joe. I thought it would be interesting to note the disparity in the voting, especially Stoops, Mack Brown, etc.

I have no problem with LSU being in the NC game.

Elvis
12-03-2007, 04:08 PM
It wasn't meant to be a whine, Joe. I thought it would be interesting to note the disparity in the voting, especially Stoops, Mack Brown, etc.

I have no problem with LSU being in the NC game.

I guess I should clarify :p. For the UGA fans whining.... (see rest of previous thread).

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
When you appear to be set for a better match-up in another BCS game on 12-1-07, it shouldn't be surprising to see folks upset over the matchup with Hawaii. It isn't the game, it is the opponent.

Top that off with the faint hope of playing for a NC and it should be easy for any fan of any team to see why UGA fans are disappointed. If they weren't, something would be wrong.

Tennessee
12-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Who did y'all piss off in New Mexico?

Elvis
12-03-2007, 04:11 PM
When you appear to be set for a better match-up in another BCS game on 12-1-07, it shouldn't be surprising to see folks upset over the matchup with Hawaii. It isn't the game, it is the opponent.
2006-07 should have gotten rid of whatever remaining bias ppl have about the best of the mid majors. If UGA has that attitude, expect another Boise State-Oklahoma. Hope none of the hawaii cheerleaders are engaged.....

Top that off with the faint hope of playing for a NC and it should be easy for any fan of any team to see why UGA fans are disappointed. If they weren't, something would be wrong.
UGA fans were either:
a) delusion or
b) naive
if they thought they had a realistic shot at the national title.

We here in reality knew that no team who failed to win their conference championship would ever make it. Assume LSU lost, it would have been USC, Oklahoma in the BCS title game. Bank it.

joehogjoe
12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
If you cant spell Georgia, just say damn UGA.

Now, You dont HAVE to have a conference title to play for the national title. Its NOT a rule.

If it wasn't for the media being all over LSU's balls this year, they wouldnt be in that game.

LSU this year is like OSU last year and USC the year before.

I will say, I believe UGA is better than LSU, and there isnt one thing you, an LSU fan, or any other person on this site can say to make me change my mind

I can spell georgia, thanks, geo works for me quite well.

Lsu is better than geo anyways, and they won their division outright and won the overall title they are much more worthy than geo

besides you guys are going to NO, and geo should whip Hawaii

MidGADawgs
12-03-2007, 04:21 PM
2006-07 should have gotten rid of whatever remaining bias ppl have about the best of the mid majors. If UGA has that attitude, expect another Boise State-Oklahoma. Hope none of the hawaii cheerleaders are engaged.....

UGA fans were either:
a) delusion or
b) naive
if they realistically thought they had a national title shot

I think most (myself included) are disappointed that for the third consecutive Sugar Bowl ('02, '05, '07), we're playing a relatively unknown (WV or HI) or undeserving (FLst w/ 4 losses).

I never realistically thought UGA had (or should have) a shot at the NC this year, but we did have before Sat, we a possibility of a game w/ a lot of hype for the players and fans - Rose (USC), Fiesta, or Orange.

Like it's been mentioned hundreds of times before, the only game that truly matters is the NC game, and if you're not playing in it, the bowl is just a beauty pageant. All a fan can ask for is a fun vacation and a opponent w/ credentials.

I've done the Sugar Bowl thing...a few times...and had fun. So what I'm looking for now is a team w/ a history....hype....cachet.....and UGA hasn't had that in years.

Coming from a fan who has spent thousands going to games/bowls, all I can ask is....can a dawg get a bone (err.good bowl)....once a few years?

Elvis
12-03-2007, 04:22 PM
I think most (myself included) are disappointed that for the third consecutive Sugar Bowl ('02, '05, '07), we're playing a relatively unknown (WV or HI) or undeserving (FLst w/ 4 losses).

How'd that WVU game work out for you?

Seems like UGA fans are being inconsistently whiney.

They want the bowls to not be so tradition bound to get the best matchup for UGA, but want to play a tradition rich team that is not necessarily better than the matchup that's already set. :rolleyes: That does not sound like a spoiled brat at all :sarcasm:

Like it's been mentioned hundreds of times before, the only game that truly matters is the NC game, and if you're not playing in it, the bowl is just a beauty pageant. All a fan can ask for is a fun vacation and a opponent w/ credentials.
I disagree. It's the SEC championship game. The rest is just for fun.

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 04:25 PM

Proving the point that there is NO upside to playing Hawaii. Playing USC or OU is exciting. Playing Hawaii is merely dangerous.

UGA fans were either:
a) delusion or
b) naive

We here in reality knew that no team who failed to win their conference championship would ever make it. Assume LSU lost, it would have been USC, Oklahoma in the BCS title game. Bank it.

It has happened twice in the past - so it wouldn't be unprecedented. Not to mention most of the "whining" had to do with the pollsters apparent change of heart. As it turns out, the human polls might not have mattered anyway - with the forceful rejection of UGA by the computers.

You can say UGA fans are naive, I tend to think of them as hopeful, then disappointed. Whether the expectation was realistic or not, I see nothing wrong with being disappointed.

I don't have a problem with LSU in the title game, I am merely disappointed with HOW it happened. If that makes me a "whiner," so be it.

Elvis
12-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Proving the point that there is NO upside to playing Hawaii. Playing USC or OU is exciting. Playing Hawaii is merely dangerous.
No upside? I guess the UGA's paycheck for going to the sugar is unimportant then :rolleyes: I already enumerated the reasons it benefits UGA to play Hawaii. Go find them.

If you don't get it, then you don't get it. It's not the collective job of the SEC to teach the spoiled children of UGA about reality.

I don't have a problem with LSU in the title game, I am merely disappointed with HOW it happened. If that makes me a "whiner," so be it.

I am glad that at least one UGA fan recognizes they are being whiney. Kudos to you, DiD.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Lets see some of you sit at home, see your team get to #4 and get called the best 2 loss team in the nation, stay above another team that just lost to an unranked team then that team get a 1 score victory over the 14th ranked team, watch the #1 and #2 teams fall then that team that just got made look like trash a week ago jump ahead of you.

Lets see that happen to your teams and you not be upset about it

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
No upside? I guess the UGA's paycheck for going to the sugar is unimportant then

To me as a fan - completely unimportant - especially considering that we were a lock for a BCS game regardless of what happened Saturday in the SECCG and the subsequent game. UGA was getting paid.

If you can't see that reality, oh well.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 04:33 PM
I am glad that at least one UGA fan recognizes they are being whiney. Kudos to you, DiD.

Coming from a Tennessee fan, whos collective fanbase whines every year about wanting the best coach they have ever had fired

Tennessee
12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Lets see some of you sit at home, see your team get to #4 and get called the best 2 loss team in the nation, stay above another team that just lost to an unranked team then that team get a 1 score victory over the 14th ranked team, watch the #1 and #2 teams fall then that team that just got made look like trash a week ago jump ahead of you.

A team that didn't win its own DIVISION, much less its conference should not be in the NC game...Period, no matter if its UGA, UT, Nebraska 2001 or Oklahoma 2003

Elvis
12-03-2007, 04:34 PM

1) I'd be ecstatic to play in the sugar bowl because, you know, I am an SEC fan first. Maybe what y'all are telling us is that UGA fans don't really consider themselves a part of the SEC. Here is a quick history on the sugar bowl (http://www.hickoksports.com/history/sugrbowl.shtml)

2) Most of us would have recognized reality and understood that our team would never make it in under any realistic circumstance.

3) Even if we failed to do the above 2, we would be men about it and suck it up instead of crying like someone broke their favorite toy.

swampmonster
12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
OMG, you're playing in the Sugar Bowl. Get a grip UGA, geo, or whatever the heck you are. You're playing a patsy, probably be ranked top 5 by the end of the bowls. You didn't even win the east, what more could you ask for? The team that got hosed was Missouri.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh well, I'll settle for beating Tennessee's and LSU's ass next year

Swamp, If we could play Missouri in the Sugar, I would be okay, but damn Hawaii?

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 04:37 PM
1) I'd be ecstatic to play in the sugar bowl because, you know, I am an SEC fan first. Here is a quick history on the sugar bowl

It isn't the BOWL, it is the OPPONENT. Comprende?

2) Most of us would have recognized reality and understood that our team would never make it in under any realistic circumstance.

But as a FAN, you would be hopeful, wouldn't you?

tgfny
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM

I like Arky better than AR, but don't use it. Prefer spuat to Bama, but don't use it here.

OffThePorch
12-03-2007, 04:39 PM
i'd think Hawaii at 12-0 with that QB would be a very exciting game for UGA fans to go see in New Orleans. With a big win UGA has the chance to finish 2nd or 3rd in the nation.
when uga was ahead of lsu they both had 10 wins. lsu won the extra game(SEC CG) over the team that smashed uga to get there 11th win.
the NC all things considered should be LSU vs OK.

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 04:43 PM

That would awesome. I do not like Stoops.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
i'd think Hawaii at 12-0 with that QB would be a very exciting game for UGA fans to go see in New Orleans. With a big win UGA has the chance to finish 2nd or 3rd in the nation.
when uga was ahead of lsu they both had 10 wins. lsu won the extra game(SEC CG) over the team that smashed uga to get there 11th win.

Its not exciting knowing that even if we beat them by 30, its still just "LOLz its HawaiiZ"

A big win over OU or USC, we would have a chance to finish #1 in the AP

Ohio State deserves it.

MidGADawgs
12-03-2007, 04:44 PM
How'd that WVU game work out for you?
Seems like UGA fans are being inconsistently whiney.

No...actually most UGA fans were disappointed in having to play WV as well. Here are the teams other than TX/USC in the 2005 BCS bowls:

Penn St, FLst, tOSU, and ND. Granted, FLst backed its way into the game much like in '02, but most fans would rather pay money to see your team play them instead of WV. Other than FLst, UGA hasn't played those teams for decades.

The UGA players were obviously disappointed as well and came out flat. It wouldn't completely surprise me for it to happen again either.

Look...it's been fun going back-n-forth with you. Rep if I can. Maybe I got across why UGA fans are disappointed in the destination in as much as the opponent. If not...who cares.

'Nawlins....here I come!

Herchel
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
La. Tech laid 45 on Hawaii.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
La. Tech laid 45 on Hawaii.

Which is why I would say, if we dont put at least 40 on them, I would consider this game a failure

MidGADawgs
12-03-2007, 04:47 PM
No upside? I guess the UGA's paycheck for going to the sugar is unimportant then :rolleyes:

Who gives a **** about a paycheck? I won't see any of that.....actually UGA will probably just increase the amount tickets cost next year anyways!

I didn't know TN cut you a share of its bowl money. GOOD DEAL!

OffThePorch
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Its not exciting knowing that even if we beat them by 30, its still just "LOLz its HawaiiZ"
Ohio State deserves it.

you're in a false reality. everyone i hear is saying how good Hawaii is and Uga better watch out. Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the nation. Uga better play there best or it'll be another UT type score and you guys will look like idiots for wanting to play OK or USC. LSU never got blown out this season, are damn close to being undefeated.
Ohio State played in a down conference and no cg.

Tennessee
12-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Which is why I would say, if we dont put at least 40 on them, I would consider this game a failure

In your opinion, what is a good day for UGA defensively vs. Hawaii?

UGAdawg17
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM

As far as I know the only poll they show is the final one.

This is the final Coaches Poll (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2007/flash.htm)

Move your mouse over the team you want, the green dots will show where the team was voted by who. Or mouse over voter will show how the coached voted all teams.

F250MustangGuy
12-03-2007, 04:52 PM

Less than 30

Djshockley3
12-03-2007, 05:01 PM

A good day probly 20, a bad day 35+. I mean they only scored 35 on Washington at home, so we can hold them to 20.

Tennessee
12-03-2007, 05:04 PM
As far as I know the only poll they show is the final one.

This is the final Coaches Poll (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/graphics/coaches_fb_poll_2007/flash.htm)

Move your mouse over the team you want, the green dots will show where the team was voted by who. Or mouse over voter will show how the coached voted all teams.

LMAO...Have you looked through this? Only 6 Coaches voted for Michigan...Can you name them?

1. Bert Bielema-Wisconsin Big 11
2. Ron Zook-Illinois Big 11
3. Lloyd Carr-Michigan Big 11
4. Bill Lynch-Indiana Big 11
5. Joe Tiller-Purdue Big 11
and number 6...
6. Les Miles-LSUBig 11 Hopeful

There are 7 Big 11 Coaches on there, and the two that didn't vote for Michigan...

Jim Tressel (OSU) and Mark Dantonio (MSU)...

Anybody think there's no politics that go into voting :rotf:

geechee
12-03-2007, 05:05 PM
you're in a false reality. everyone i hear is saying how good Hawaii is and Uga better watch out. Hawaii is the only undefeated team in the nation. Uga better play there best or it'll be another UT type score and you guys will look like idiots for wanting to play OK or USC. LSU never got blown out this season, are damn close to being undefeated.
Ohio State played in a down conference and no cg.

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 05:06 PM

Never, EVER, have I seen a team jump 5 places over teams that didnt lose for a 1 score win over the 14th ranked team in the nation

:clap:

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Someone said on the radio just now that if UGA was in the West they would have won the SEC West over LSU... Is that true?

Djshockley3
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Mike Leach,Greg Schiano, and Weis are now cool in my book.

Djshockley3
12-03-2007, 05:09 PM
Someone said on the radio just now that if UGA was in the West they would have won the SEC West over LSU... Is that true?

If we beat them in head to head, then yes.

Tennessee
12-03-2007, 05:11 PM

Dont know because they didn't play head-to-head this year, but if you go by how the standings ended up, the LSU still would have gone because only one of their losses was in the division, and both of UGAs were in division, but its impossible to compare the two

If you're talking opinions, then I'd say if UGA/LSU played early in the year, then LSU would be in ATL, if they played late, then UGA would be in ATL

GDawg88
12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
OMG, you're playing in the Sugar Bowl. Get a grip UGA, geo, or whatever the heck you are. You're playing a patsy, probably be ranked top 5 by the end of the bowls. You didn't even win the east, what more could you ask for? The team that got hosed was Missouri.
There seems to be a misunderstanding from fans of other schools concerning Georgia fans. We are not upset that UGA is going to the Sugar Bowl. But it's like winning $25,000 dollars instead of a million. The $25,000 is nice, but you'd rather have the million. When you think you have a shot at the national title (although I personally never felt it was going to happen) and instead go to one of the lesser BCS bowls, it is a little bit of a letdown. But getting to the Sugar Bowl is still a great accomplishment, and I am thrilled that we were good enough to make it. I think most Georgia fans will tell you that.

HunkerDown
12-03-2007, 05:30 PM
There seems to be a misunderstanding from fans of other schools concerning Georgia fans. We are not upset that UGA is going to the Sugar Bowl. But it's like winning $25,000 dollars instead of a million. The $25,000 is nice, but you'd rather have the million. When you think you have a shot at the national title (although I personally never felt it was going to happen) and instead go to one of the lesser BCS bowls, it is a little bit of a letdown. But getting to the Sugar Bowl is still a great accomplishment, and I am thrilled that we were good enough to make it. I think most Georgia fans will tell you that.

I don't understand why that is so hard for everyone else to understand.

Dawg in Dallas
12-03-2007, 05:39 PM
It is hard for others to understand because it is like the millionaire winning the (using GDawgs analogy) lotto, but complaining because the pot isn't as big as you wanted it.

When you are a fan of a team that hasn't been to the Sugar bowl in over 15 years, you can't understand why UGA would be upset. ;)

Geaux 58 03 07
12-03-2007, 05:41 PM

an argument can be made that LSU IS the #2 team. I think most of those coaches votes us #2 simply because they felt our body of work is stronger. You don't have to agree with that, but it's not an outlandish position to have.

obviously we are biased for our schools, but just because they didn't vote for UGA doesn't mean they fell for some silly conspiracy that was enacted by Herby, ESPN, Mickey Mouse, the one armed man and who the hell knows who else. Maybe they just think we're more deserving.

Djshockley3
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Another thing is this, UGA is in a lose-lose situation. If we kill Hawaii, everyone will say man they were overrated. And if they keep it close or win, then everyone will say they are great and UGA is not very good. So we come out of this game with nothing. Lets just hope we beat them turds by 40 points. Now if we had played SC or Oklahoma like I wanted and won, everyone would say man UGA is foreal. And it would be a great start to the new year. Playing a team like Hawaii is doing nothing for them.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 10:59 PM

I think so as well. I have no problem with them at all. I'm not thrilled about the guys that voted us 7, 8 or 10 but that's over and done with now. Good to see Richt stick up for his team though.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:01 PM

Well I agree with you on all of those but Callaway, that guy is a little biased lol.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Uggggg. I remember being at that game and being scarred to death that they were going to beat us.

Those were terrible, roller coaster years.

Uggggg.

I remember that game as well and you are right those were terrible years and that's why I'm thrilled as can be with where we are now.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:04 PM

Good post.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:05 PM

UGA fans were either:
a) delusion or
b) naive

I disagree on who would have been in the title game. I believe it would have been OSU and Oklahoma.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Ohio State deserves it.

You are missing the big picture here. Most believe that next year could be Georgia's year right? Alright well if that's the case then you probably better be ranked in the top 10 at the very least because there won't be as many upsets as there was this year. Lose this game or play it close and the chances of you being ranked in the top 10 or better for next year are slim to none. Let's face it how you end one season has a huge effect on how you start another. So if Georgia is going to be as good as most think then they better win this game and win it big. This game is a lot bigger than some are giving it credit for.

ECDawg78
12-03-2007, 11:17 PM
We here in reality

....this must be that imaginary friend that sits on you shoulder and whispers to you as you post.....:raz:

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:17 PM
No...actually most UGA fans were disappointed in having to play WV as well. Here are the teams other than TX/USC in the 2005 BCS bowls:

Penn St, FLst, tOSU, and ND. Granted, FLst backed its way into the game much like in '02, but most fans would rather pay money to see your team play them instead of WV. Other than FLst, UGA hasn't played those teams for decades.

The UGA players were obviously disappointed as well and came out flat. It wouldn't completely surprise me for it to happen again either.

Look...it's been fun going back-n-forth with you. Rep if I can. Maybe I got across why UGA fans are disappointed in the destination in as much as the opponent. If not...who cares.

'Nawlins....here I come!

I agree with you. It wouldn't surprise me if it happened again either but if it does I will be one ticked off fan lol. They should have learned from that WVU game. If you are pissed off that's fine take it out on Hawaii.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Another thing is this, UGA is in a lose-lose situation. If we kill Hawaii, everyone will say man they were overrated. And if they keep it close or win, then everyone will say they are great and UGA is not very good. So we come out of this game with nothing. Lets just hope we beat them turds by 40 points. Now if we had played SC or Oklahoma like I wanted and won, everyone would say man UGA is foreal. And it would be a great start to the new year. Playing a team like Hawaii is doing nothing for them.

Not necessarily. Take a look at my post to Mustang about how important this game could be.

2008 National Champions
12-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Ron Zook, Illinois - 5

:)

bamablazer
12-04-2007, 04:02 AM

Wow, that's a surprise :D

Storm
12-04-2007, 08:21 AM

sorry, if you can't even win your conference, no way on gods green earth do you deserve a shot at a national title. even if you are playing well right now.

Storm
12-04-2007, 08:22 AM
i thought the list was pretty fair, with the few exceptions. I agree, anywhere from 3-6 is acceptable.

F250MustangGuy
12-04-2007, 11:27 AM
sorry, if you can't even win your conference, no way on gods green earth do you deserve a shot at a national title. even if you are playing well right now.

You seem to be a Michigan man, would you have said that last year?

Storm
12-04-2007, 11:30 AM
You seem to be a Michigan man, would you have said that last year?

i was disheartened after the OSU game last year, but I also felt that we had our chance, and lost it when we lost to OSU. At first I wanted a rematch, but after weighing the arguments, I'm pretty sure I agreed by not winning our conference, and losing to OSU, nixed our shot and did not deserve a rematch.

lsuirish
12-04-2007, 02:24 PM

i have to ask Mustang after reading his passionless threads:

your age?
your computer is over/under 3 weeks old?
still getting picked last on his teams in high school?
If older, are you or did you attend geo, ga, uga, dogs, dawgs....?
have mudflaps that read "keep on trucking"?

take a midol and get over it. look forward to geo coming to tiger stadium next year.

GDawg88
12-04-2007, 02:41 PM

Wow, that's a surprise :D
What do Blazer fans think of Coach Cal?

F250MustangGuy
12-04-2007, 04:35 PM
i have to ask Mustang after reading his passionless threads:

your age?
your computer is over/under 3 weeks old?
still getting picked last on his teams in high school?
If older, are you or did you attend geo, ga, uga, dogs, dawgs....?
have mudflaps that read "keep on trucking"?

take a midol and get over it. look forward to geo coming to tiger stadium next year.

Okay, whos alt is this? It must be the Arkansas fan

only in basketball, which I really dont care about
I dont go to UGA
no mudflaps on my truck:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/DanielW4444/truck.jpg

BTW, how old are you?

lsuirish
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Okay, whos alt is this? It must be the Arkansas fan

only in basketball, which I really dont care about
I dont go to UGA
no mudflaps on my truck:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w105/DanielW4444/truck.jpg

BTW, how old are you?

put it like this i have socks older than you. ark fan? lsuirish? i was pretty close with my guesses though.

Dawg in Dallas
12-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I think you ought to invest in some new socks...

Herchel
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I think you ought to invest in some new socks...

My wife always refers to like purchases an an investment. I refer to them as expenses.

Dawg in Dallas
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
I hope you don't keep socks for 19 years...

PapaVoL
12-04-2007, 05:42 PM
Who cares, its over.

Herchel
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I hope you don't keep socks for 19 years...

I really don't know. When my wife decides that I look too seedy, new clothes magically appear in my closet. I haven't bought clothes in almost 40 years

F250MustangGuy
12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
put it like this i have socks older than you. ark fan? lsuirish? i was pretty close with my guesses though.

Can I ask you why you wanted to call me out on a message board, especially since you have "socks older than me". I mean with age comes wisdom, but in your case it seems age came with immaturity and stupidity.

I would have guess you were a 12-13 yr old who got the internet for the first time and wants to try to establish himself as some kind of "badass"...which, ironically, is probably due to the fact you got picked last on sports teams in high school.

georgiaguy31015
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Who cares, its over.

I wish it were man but it may take forever for this to be over lol.