Rivals releases their post-early signing period team rankings [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Rivals releases their post-early signing period team rankings

PiggoBitttys
12-02-2007, 12:44 PM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=744502#rank

SEC Schools:

UF: #5
Bama: #11
ARK: #14
LSU: #18
UK: #19
UT: #24
UGA: #30

Congrats to all the SEC teams!

georgiaguy31015
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Congrats to all SEC teams and I'm glad to see Georgia that high up. That's a good thing.

hawgwild
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I was wondering what it would be, did you see where ESPN had our class at 6? kinda crazy.

kentubbybasketball
12-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Rivals really rates JUCOs, that's quite obvious with Arkansas getting in there with Payne. It also benefits Minnesota, with their two top 20 JUCOs.

#19 is UK's lowest rated class since 2005. We're still looking for a big guy, and I'm not sure who the new tier one guys are now for the staff, but I wouldn't be shocked to see us go JUCO. The worst thing you can do in recruiting other than recruiting problem players is getting a guy that doesn't have the talent to compete at your level. With that said the remaining high school doesn't have much left by way of UK level talent, so we might go JUCO, and try our luck with that, even though it's not been to kind to us in the past. Maybe some other players come open.

hawgwild
12-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Bob Gibbons likes our class more than rivlas does.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Bob is high on Brandon Moore and Courtney Fortson. Just think what Pelphrey and staff will bring in next year. I have a feeling this is only the beginning of good things to come.

XPS
12-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Rivals really rates JUCOs, that's quite obvious with Arkansas getting in there with Payne. It also benefits Minnesota, with their two top 20 JUCOs.

#19 is UK's lowest rated class since 2005. We're still looking for a big guy, and I'm not sure who the new tier one guys are now for the staff, but I wouldn't be shocked to see us go JUCO. The worst thing you can do in recruiting other than recruiting problem players is getting a guy that doesn't have the talent to compete at your level. With that said the remaining high school doesn't have much left by way of UK level talent, so we might go JUCO, and try our luck with that, even though it's not been to kind to us in the past. Maybe some other players come open.

Thats based on 2 players.

kentubbybasketball
12-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I agree, but it also based on what we've signed thus far. It's what we have to go on right now.

XPS
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I agree, but it also based on what we've signed thus far. It's what we have to go on right now.

That speaks highly of the 2 players...

kentubbybasketball
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
It does speak highly of the two players. I haven't said otherwise. We're still looking for a big man, considering that's one of our main problems now. If Miller is growing as people say, maybe he can be that 4 man, especially since he knows the 5 at Mason County already.

XPS
12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
It does speak highly of the two players. I haven't said otherwise. We're still looking for a big man, considering that's one of our main problems now. If Miller is growing as people say, maybe he can be that 4 man, especially since he knows the 5 at Mason County already.

Billy G and his staff isn't done recruiting yet. Can they find an impact bigman is the big question...

fodive
12-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Surprise...not listed.

joehogjoe
12-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Billy G and his staff isn't done recruiting yet. Can they find an impact bigman is the big question...
and the answer is no, there are so few left from the top 150 who haven't signed. And of those who haven't none of the top bigmen have any interest in UK. perhaps there is a JC or prep player who might be an impact player, don't know.

kentubbybasketball
12-03-2007, 04:09 PM
joe, it's interesting because for all the handwringing that came with the last coach's recruiting, we basically have the same sort of recruiting class with the new one... a class with top 40 guards/forwards, but no top 40 big man. It's odd.

BigBamaFan
12-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I'll take my 3 top 50 players and move on.

batmanthelegend
12-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Congrats to all SEC teams and I'm glad to see Georgia that high up. That's a good thing.

Ya man, that #30 recruiting class...ya man thats really up there with the big boys....:pirate:

GatorMan32
12-04-2007, 01:04 AM
UGA is a program trying to build its way up and that is a solid showing. At least their fans are loyal, unlike your bi-polar responses after every Arkansas game.

GatorMan32
12-04-2007, 01:07 AM
I love our class and can't wait to see all of those kids in orange and blue. They are a great compliment to our 07 class.

XPS
12-04-2007, 02:22 AM
joe, it's interesting because for all the handwringing that came with the last coach's recruiting, we basically have the same sort of recruiting class with the new one... a class with top 40 guards/forwards, but no top 40 big man. It's odd.

Top 40? LOL, Liggins is a top 25 prospect and with the way Miller is playing, he will be top 25 too. 2004 was the last time the former staff landed a 5 star player, Billy G comes in and signs one his first year and has another one lined(maybe 2) up for 2008. But yeah lets pretend that the former staff was landing bigtime studs each year and Billy G is no different...

Vandy420
12-04-2007, 09:18 AM
They had Vandy ranked #6 in classes with 3 or less players.

kentubbybasketball
12-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Top 40? LOL, Liggins is a top 25 prospect and with the way Miller is playing, he will be top 25 too. 2004 was the last time the former staff landed a 5 star player, Billy G comes in and signs one his first year and has another one lined(maybe 2) up for 2008. But yeah lets pretend that the former staff was landing bigtime studs each year and Billy G is no different...

In 2006, Tubby got a class with DJas and Meeks that were both in the top 40, and you obviously know their importance, because you've been talking about how we miss them. Gillispie has a similar class... Liggins and Miller both top 40... the only difference in 2006, we got a PF rated 63.

Gillispie will do a good job. You don't have to get defensive everytime somebody talks about Gillispie's recruiting. With the dozen big guys that Gillispie has missed out, surely you didn't expect it to not come up?