Vandy signs 2, waits on a 3rd [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vandy signs 2, waits on a 3rd

Vandy420
11-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Vandy signed 2 top 100 prospects for the 2008 early signing period yesterday.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Head Coach Kevin Stallings announced Wednesday that forwards Lance Goulbourne and Steve Tchiengang have signed National Letters of Intent to attend Vanderbilt and play basketball for the Commodores beginning in the fall 2008.

"We are extremely excited to add Lance and Steve to our program," Stallings said. "Not only do I feel strongly about their playing ability and versatility, but they are the kind of young men we want to have at Vanderbilt. They both come from excellent families and are diligent students."

Goulborne, from Brooklyn, N.Y., and currently attending The Hun School in Princeton,N.J., is a 6'7, 215 pound small forward averaged 12 points and eight rebounds per game his junior year in 2006-07. He also stood out this summer at the Nike Global Challenge in Beaverton, Oregon, an elite tournament for high school rising seniors where his team went 5-3 against international competition. Goulborne was ranked 90th by Rivals.com and was rated 18th among small forwards.

"I just felt comfortable there, and my family loved it," Goulborne said. "It was just one of those feelings that came to me. I just felt like Vanderbilt was where I needed to be. They really have a good program academically and athletically."

Goulborne chose Vanderbilt over Marquette, Rutgers, Louisville and Notre Dame.

Steve Tchiengang is a 6'9, 235 pound power forward from Montverde Academy in Florida. Originally from Cameroon, Tchiengang is rated No. 81 by Rivals.com and is the 25th best prospect at the power forward position. He chose the Commodores over Baylor, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame and Oklahoma.

"I felt comfortable that Vanderbilt is the place that God wanted me," Tchiengang said. "The coaching staff did a great job of recruiting me and making me feel wanted. I feel there is a great opportunity there and I get to play in a great Conference. I am very excited."

"We targeted these young men very early in the recruiting process, even before their junior year of high school began," Stallings said. "We are thrilled they have chosen Vanderbilt and feel they will be great additions to our team."

They are waiting on a visit from Devoe Joseph this coming week and hoping he signs while on campus. If he signs Vandy would jump into the top 25 recruiting classes.

XPS
11-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Congrats...

georgiaguy31015
11-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Congrats Vandy.

GatorMan32
11-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Congrats on a nice class, Vandy.