SEC: The Best Recruiting Conference for 2008 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : SEC: The Best Recruiting Conference for 2008

kentubbybasketball
11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
1. SEC
The SEC tops the conference rankings list, thanks in large part to eight of the 12 programs in the conference landing a recruiting class inside the national top 30. The Florida Gators lead the conference charge with the No. 5 overall class in the nation. てカ Mississippi State has a star coming to Starkville in Scotty Hopson, the lone player in the top 20 of the national rankings coming into the SEC. てカ Kentucky went to Chicago to land DeAndre Liggins, a top-25 prospect. てカ LSU landed big man J'Mison Morgan late in the game, and Alabama will lean on motor man JaMychal Green inside. Ranking the classes (national rank)
1. Florida (5)
2. Alabama (10)
3. Mississippi State (12)
4. Kentucky (18)
5. LSU (20)
6. Tennessee (23)
7. Arkansas (27)
8. Georgia (30)
9. Vanderbilt
10. Auburn
11. Ole Miss
12. South Carolina

Top Dogs: Best at each position
Point guard: DeAndre Liggins, Kentucky
Shooting guard: Scotty Hopson, Mississippi State
Small forward: Tony Mitchell, Alabama
Power forward: Eloy Vargas, Florida
Center: Kenny Kadji, Florida

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=739319

kentubbybasketball
11-14-2007, 12:54 PM
I think Darius Miller is probably just as good as Mitchell BTW.

Ole Miss' class is very underrated. They've got this PG from Idaho named Bogan that's a rich man's Todd Abernethy.

Rocky@theTop
11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks homer

kentubbybasketball
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
You're quite welcome.

GatorMan32
11-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I like the tops at each position because one that is a great all star team and two is that illustrates Billy filling our biggest needs.

The conference is going to be loaded and I think the SEC continues to move towards being a power conference in hoops. I know we are a power conference technically speaking. But I mean in terms of performances as a conference in March every year.

kentubbybasketball
11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I like the tops at each position because one that is a great all star team and two is that illustrates Billy filling our biggest needs.

The conference is going to be loaded and I think the SEC continues to move towards being a power conference in hoops. I know we are a power conference technically speaking. But I mean in terms of performances as a conference in March every year.

That's very true. But, I've never thought the SEC did a bad job when it comes to recruiting. IN 2004, Kentucky, Florida, Vandy, Bama, Mississippi State and maybe someone else had a top 25 class. We've always recruited good athletes, I think the coaching has to get better at most places before we're challenging somebody like the ACC, Big East, or Pac 10. IT is a great sign though to see good players keep coming into the league.

georgiaguy31015
11-14-2007, 08:43 PM
The SEC is going to be scary good in the near future it appears and it also appears that's not slowing down at all.