Question for LSU fans??? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Question for LSU fans???

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Were any of you at the game? and were my ears playing tricks on me, because it sounded like after UF scored the first time, you all were screaming;

"F**K YOU TEBOW!"

:confused:

FreddieMac
10-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Sorry not at the game but I have been to many and I have never heard that type of chant from the crowd. Not saying it did not happen, but seem a bit unlikely...

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 01:24 PM
I would be shocked to say the least. But I've heard some pretty bad stuff from the student sections, so who knows?

GoDawgs3
10-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I swore I heard it too. It sounded like "F*ck Tim Tebow", lead by clapping (same beat as say "let's go redsox" or something). And it was loud, definitely a large group doing it

FreddieMac
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
I swore I heard it too. It sounded like "F*ck Tim Tebow", lead by clapping (same beat as say "let's go redsox" or something). And it was loud, definitely a large group doing it

Then it probably happened, you could not hear anything like that on TV. Probably a bunch of drunk students...

Wegleagle
10-08-2007, 01:32 PM
C'mon, this has been discussed for the 100th time...yes they were chanting F U Tebow during that red zone possession.

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Okay, I didn't see that discussion weg. I was just curious. I guess it explains the whole Tebow cell phone taunt a little. I didn't like it when he did that, but it is more understandable to me now. Thanks for the info.

jrltiger
10-08-2007, 01:57 PM
He did the taunt before the chant, that's what triggered it. Of course it was the LSU fans that triggered the taunt with the voice mails and texts..........it's just a big cycle of nastiness.

Gatorbabe
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Swampy:

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34577

Happy reading. :)

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
He did the taunt before the chant, that's what triggered it. Of course it was the LSU fans that triggered the taunt with the voice mails and texts..........it's just a big cycle of nastiness.

Agreed.

Tarnished the game, IMO.

Tebow needs a class from Danny boy. He needs to rise above it. And let his play do the talking. He'll learn.

-LSU-
10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
The more popular chant of the night was "Teabag Tebow" in the same style. Once again, this was primarily post his "get pumped" arm motions in front of the student section after he scored. Most of us students had been tailgating and drinking since 9AM.

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Swampy:

http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34577

Happy reading. :)

Okay thanks.

I am really shocked that LSU fans have a single thing to say about class, when half their stadium was shouting the F word at Tebow, that's pathetic.

Don't any of you bring your kids to the stadium?

So the justification for this conduct, let me see if I can get this straight;

Tebow pretended to put a phone to his ear, and Meyer stepped/jumped on the tiger eye? No, sorry, you people should be embarrassed of that.

I know I would be.

Frankly, I wouldn't even know how to explain it to my kids if that happened when I took them to a game, it was hard enough explaining it to them on the TV. That's just horrible. I've been to beer infested pro games and they don't even act like that. And before you LSU fans go off the deep end, if UF had done this, I would be red faced with shame, and I would apoligize on behalf of my university. I haven't seen any apologies yet, just some mighty poor defense of reprobate conduct.

Seminole6
10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Are you kidding me??? GET OVER IT!!!! This is rediculous, it goes on everywhere, but you just dont hear about it all the time because not all fans cry like little babies when their team loses and the fans taunt the opposing team. It happens in high school, it happens in college, and it happens in the pros. Its part of the game, it does not "tarnish the game." Yall are the biggest bunch of babies ever, is it really THAT shocking that taunting happens in a college football game between 2 rival teams? Is it THAT terrible that you have to make a post about it on a message board so that other fans can shed tears with you??? :rotf: Get over it... Grow up, THIS IS BIG 12 FOOTBALL!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rotf:

:cry:

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Are you kidding me??? GET OVER IT!!!! This is rediculous, it goes on everywhere, but you just dont hear about it all the time because not all fans cry like little babies when their team loses and the fans taunt the opposing team. It happens in high school, it happens in college, and it happens in the pros. Its part of the game, it does not "tarnish the game." Yall are the biggest bunch of babies ever, is it really THAT shocking that taunting happens in a college football game between 2 rival teams? Is it THAT terrible that you have to make a post about it on a message board so that other fans can shed tears with you??? :rotf: Get over it... Grow up, THIS IS BIG 12 FOOTBALL!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rotf:

:cry:

I'm sorry, I'm a Christian, I don't use the F word, I don't allow my children to use the F word, and I don't take my children places that think it's okay to use the F word. This issue is larger than sports.

As for you, you vanish for months and show up when UF drops a couple, what gives? Are you going to hang out when it's rough for you as well, or hide in the bushes as usual? :D

Seminole6
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, I'm a Christian, I don't use the F word, I don't allow my children to use the F word, and I don't take my children places that think it's okay to use the F word. This issue is larger than sports.

As for you, you vanish for months and show up when UF drops a couple, what gives? Are you going to hang out when it's rough for you as well, or hide in the bushes as usual? :D

Ok, that is a good thing... however, I dont think that Tim Tebow, Urban Meyer, or 92,000 LSU fans give a flying F word who you are or what you stand for, and they will taunt and curse at their own preference, whether you like it or not... and guess what? Your fans do it too! What??? oh no... was I the first to tell you??? Sadly, its true. MY, oh my, what hath college football come to? Has competition really led to unruly fans??? The tragic tarnishment of the greatest game ever... please say it isn't so. If you cant take it, then go join the gallery every weekend at the PGA tour, it is more suited for "soft" fans such as yourself, but dont forget to say "earmuffs!!" when Tiger hits it in the woods! :)

And yes, even when we get spanked by numerous teams the rest of the season I will be right here laughing at most of you crying because a fan said a dirty word at a football game...

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok, that is a good thing... however, I dont think that Tim Tebow, Urban Meyer, or 92,000 LSU fans give a flying F word who you are or what you stand for, and they will taunt and curse at their own preference, whether you like it or not... and guess what? Your fans do it too! What??? oh no... was I the first to tell you??? Sadly, its true. MY, oh my, what hath college football come to? Has competition really led to unruly fans??? The tragic tarnishment of the greatest game ever... please say it isn't so. If you cant take it, then go join the gallery every weekend at the PGA tour, it is more suited for "soft" fans such as yourself, but dont forget to say "earmuffs!!" when Tiger hits it in the woods! :)

And yes, even when we get spanked by numerous teams the rest of the season I will be right here laughing at most of you crying because a fan said a dirty word at a football game...

Well, I'm not trying to change the world, just expressing an opinion. As for UF, I've been to many, many games and never heard such as that. I take my kids, so do a lot of people maybe that's why? I just think foul language is in poor taste, anytime, anywhere. Obviously if you have to curse to get your point across, you are weak intellectually. Looking forward to our game in November. I think when I post then, I'll have the lovely song "who's crying now" playing in the backround just for you. ;)

J.D.
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
We were just talking about this at the office. One guy said he swore he heard it (on TV). I didn't remember hearing it, but then again I'd put down half a bottle of whiskey by that point.

One thing we both laughed about, was that love them or hate them, right or wrong, LSU has one unique fan base. I mean really, that they would go as far as getting the cell phone # of an opposing QB and organizing a coordinated effort to call and harass him, no matter how wrong, is freaking hilarious.

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
We were just talking about this at the office. One guy said he swore he heard it (on TV). I didn't remember hearing it, but then again I'd put down half a bottle of whiskey by that point.

One thing we both laughed about, was that love them or hate them, right or wrong, LSU has one unique fan base. I mean really, that they would go as far as getting the cell phone # of an opposing QB and organizing a coordinated effort to call and harass him, no matter how wrong, is freaking hilarious.

I also don't see that as anything to get too upset about, it actually is sort of funny, I feel bad for him, but I guess he learned the hard way, SEC fans are the most passionate in the world. The venom for Tebow is a good thing the way I see it, do opposing fans hate on players that aren't a threat?

Rarely in my experience.

He's finally getting respect, albiet negative, in your face type stuff. He should be happy. I know I am. The future is so very bright.

Wegleagle
10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
That sig is morbid Nole....

georgiaguy31015
10-08-2007, 03:55 PM

You are exactly right about the LSU fan base. They are passionate to say the least.

BergeLSU
10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
Okay thanks.

I am really shocked that LSU fans have a single thing to say about class, when half their stadium was shouting the F word at Tebow, that's pathetic.

Don't any of you bring your kids to the stadium?

So the justification for this conduct, let me see if I can get this straight;

Tebow pretended to put a phone to his ear, and Meyer stepped/jumped on the tiger eye? No, sorry, you people should be embarrassed of that.

I know I would be.

Frankly, I wouldn't even know how to explain it to my kids if that happened when I took them to a game, it was hard enough explaining it to them on the TV. That's just horrible. I've been to beer infested pro games and they don't even act like that. And before you LSU fans go off the deep end, if UF had done this, I would be red faced with shame, and I would apoligize on behalf of my university. I haven't seen any apologies yet, just some mighty poor defense of reprobate conduct.

I will say that not a single person outside of the students was chanting that. Not that it is excused. A lot of the Tiger fans and embarrassed by our students this year because of their attitude.

"F you Spurrier"
"F you Tebow"

CBS actually gave the refs a warning after that Tebow chant that if more profanity was heard on TV, the team would get penalized.

I was hoping it would happen again, just so the team would get penalized and maybe the students would realize how wrong it is.

There are all kinds of fights taking place on campus on this issue. Students are arguing that they have every right to do it, while a lot of students, and everyone older than 22 knows it is just plain stupid and immature.

The band had a touchdown song/dance they had been doing for years, and this past year the students added "you suck" to it. OK... Well it's stupid, but I guess it's not that bad right? They added "You suck, cock" when we played USC, and now the university doesn't want us to play it anymore.

Who is winning in this situation?

jrltiger
10-08-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm with Berge, I'm a student, some of the stuff is entertaining, some of it crosses the line. The "You suck, cocks" was inappropraite, but both schools adminstrations are to blame for that. USC sells tons of merchandise with "cocks" on it, knowing full well its double-entendre, and as a "Gameday T-Shirt" the LSU student union sold shirts that said, "Beat the Cocks". How can you expect students to not play along with it?

As for the F You Spurrier and F You Tebow, over the line and uncalled for, no doubt about it. And the Teabag Tebow, it was kinda funny the first time, the second time it was worth a chuckle, by the third time it was really old.

Seminole6
10-08-2007, 04:30 PM
You wont see me crying or complaining one bit, I fully expect us to lose that game and a few more (but hope we dont, obviously). We are still a work in progress, and next year will be the year. Our QB controversy is somewhat settled for now, but that may change by the end of the week. We will not be a great team if we dont know who the best QB is on our team, bottom line. Unfortunately we cant utilize Weatherford and Lee like Leak and Tebow simply because Tebow and Leak are a million times better than our 2 guys. fortunately for us, we are better defensively and that make keep us in games and win games for us when our offense struggles. We were clearly the better of the 2 teams in jacksonville, that wont be the case in a few of our games towards the end of the schedule, I say we will climb to the top 15 then get beat which will send us in a downward spiral for the rest of the year, we get down on ourselves to easily

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
You wont see me crying or complaining one bit, I fully expect us to lose that game and a few more (but hope we dont, obviously). We are still a work in progress, and next year will be the year. Our QB controversy is somewhat settled for now, but that may change by the end of the week. We will not be a great team if we dont know who the best QB is on our team, bottom line. Unfortunately we cant utilize Weatherford and Lee like Leak and Tebow simply because Tebow and Leak are a million times better than our 2 guys. fortunately for us, we are better defensively and that make keep us in games and win games for us when our offense struggles. We were clearly the better of the 2 teams in jacksonville, that wont be the case in a few of our games towards the end of the schedule, I say we will climb to the top 15 then get beat which will send us in a downward spiral for the rest of the year, we get down on ourselves to easily

Good post, at least you're not totally delusional :raz:

Respect your candor. Keep it up. :)

Seminole6
10-08-2007, 04:34 PM
That sig is morbid Nole....

It was a good representation of the season-to-come for the gators

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Okay at least you two LSU fellas are being straight forward about it, I've seen a few dancing around about it, I appreciate your candor on the topic. I think a penalty might get that vulgarity stopped, just my opinion, who knows?

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 04:37 PM
It was a good representation of the season-to-come for the gators

:lol: and then he's right back at it. You need a new user name, the smackster6.

:rotf:

jrltiger
10-08-2007, 04:38 PM
You're probably right, but I would hate to see the guys who bust their ass everyday on the field be penalized because of some ass-clowns in the stands. It may be the best way to stop the chanting like that, but it sucks for the players.

georgiaguy31015
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
You're probably right, but I would hate to see the guys who bust their ass everyday on the field be penalized because of some ass-clowns in the stands. It may be the best way to stop the chanting like that, but it sucks for the players.

You got that right.

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM

Agreed. Maybe a threatening letter from the SEC, distributed pre-game would work? Institutional control seems to be in order. I can't imagine some old granny alumni being happy with that stuff going on.

BergeLSU
10-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Okay at least you two LSU fellas are being straight forward about it, I've seen a few dancing around about it, I appreciate your candor on the topic. I think a penalty might get that vulgarity stopped, just my opinion, who knows?

However, in the same token, I was furious about Gator fans yelling and screaming during our Alma Mater before the game.

Also the stomping on our eye, but that's not the fans' fault. It is not appreciated when excuses are made like "They did not do it to us to be arrogant or piss us off." BS.... When they wait for our team to leave, run straight to the eye, and when the officials break it up, and they just Gator Chomp the stadium booing them, yes, it was purposely.

Seminole6
10-08-2007, 04:52 PM
They shoulda been some men and did it while LSU is still on the field, but its ok to be scurrrred

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
However, in the same token, I was furious about Gator fans yelling and screaming during our Alma Mater before the game.

Also the stomping on our eye, but that's not the fans' fault. It is not appreciated when excuses are made like "They did not do it to us to be arrogant or piss us off." BS.... When they wait for our team to leave, run straight to the eye, and when the officials break it up, and they just Gator Chomp the stadium booing them, yes, it was purposely.

I think they did it to mess with LSU, and I think it was not a wise choice.

I agree, I think when you are guest in a stadium, regardless of which stadium, you should respect it. But I don't run the football program at UF, I do know we have had brawls with FSU for doing the exact same thing to our F. Maybe a history lesson is in order for Coach Meyer, I still think he's learning as he goes. If he in fact lead the charge as some have indicated.

danny_d_lsu
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey swampmonster, does UF stomp on the logo before every away game?

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 04:58 PM
They shoulda been some men and did it while LSU is still on the field, but its ok to be scurrrred

You love riding coattails I see. :rotf:

Interesting.

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Hey swampmonster, does UF stomp on the logo before every away game?

They go to the center of the field, make a ring and do eyeopeners, with two players going head to head. It is possible this is what they were doing. However most LSU fans that were in attendance said they were "stomping" the eye, so I don't know what happened, I wasn't there.

danny_d_lsu
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
They go to the center of the field, make a ring and do eyeopeners, with two players going head to head. It is possible this is what they were doing. However most LSU fans that were in attendance said they were "stomping" the eye, so I don't know what happened, I wasn't there.

I was there. It wasn't a warm up drill. I doesn't really matter, I was just wondering if it was a UF tradition to go to the center of the field and jump up and down or if just happens before big road games or what?

swampmonster
10-08-2007, 05:15 PM
I was there. It wasn't a warm up drill. I doesn't really matter, I was just wondering if it was a UF tradition to go to the center of the field and jump up and down or if just happens before big road games or what?

Well if they were doing the drill than yes, they do it before every game.

Otherwise no, they were doing it especially for you all. :)

RedNekTiger
10-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I was there also, that was no drill. That was intentionally disrespecting another school and another team.

BleedPurpleandGold
10-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I was there also, that was no drill. That was intentionally disrespecting another school and another team.

No doubt, it was intentional and Meyer was behind it 100%. Thing is, it doesn't bother me one bit, Meyer's doing whatever he can to pump his team up. I thought it was funny though, the refs ran out there real quick and broke it up and one had his finger in Meyer's face quick like. I've seen pregame penalties from stuff like that, thought they'd call one right there.

zud the hut
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Were any of you at the game? and were my ears playing tricks on me, because it sounded like after UF scored the first time, you all were screaming;

"F**K YOU TEBOW!"

I was in the south end zone and I did not hear it. I only learned about it later.

It happened in the North End Zone in the student section.

It was not half the stadium as I saw you state.

I did not chant this nor would I.

I will say that when I went to the Swamp, I respected the alma mater when UF did theirs and that old boys of Fla. thing that ya'll do.

I did not do as I saw some obnoxious gators do...they were making a lot of noise during our alma mater.

They did jump on our eye on purpose. I thought that they saved that kind of thing for the U and FSU. We must have been elevated to rival now.

swampmonster
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
I was in the south end zone and I did not hear it. I only learned about it later.

It happened in the North End Zone in the student section.

It was not half the stadium as I saw you state.

I did not chant this nor would I.

I will say that when I went to the Swamp, I respected the alma mater when UF did theirs and that old boys of Fla. thing that ya'll do.

I did not do as I saw some obnoxious gators do...they were making a lot of noise during our alma mater.

They did jump on our eye on purpose. I thought that they saved that kind of thing for the U and FSU. We must have been elevated to rival now.

Okay 1/4th the stadium...like that really matters :raz:

I've never agreed with intentionally disrespecting opponents stadiums/fans or players. I don't care if it's FSU, UM, or LSU.

Let your play do the talking has always been my motto.

Update on the "phone" situation....it seems Bob Tebow went on a Jacksonville radio station and reported that Tim had recieved hundreds of phone calls from LSU fans, and that some of them contained death threats, and threats to rape Tebow's mother.

Yep, that's just hilarious, isn't it :confused: :blah:

The feds are involved now...I wonder will those fans still be laughing in the chain gang?

Disgusting.

RedNekTiger
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I hope they get every idiot that did the threats.

LSUELOI
10-09-2007, 01:35 PM
The chant most definitely happened and it is not the first time. Georgia 2003 I was in the student section and the Georgia players were doing their pregame walk of the field and the student section was yelling obscenities at them and then the players started taunting us. That got the student section to begin a chang of "F*** You Georgia"...it was nuts I had never heard anything like that happening until I became a student at LSU.

GatorMan32
10-09-2007, 02:35 PM

I've never agreed with intentionally disrespecting opponents stadiums/fans or players. I don't care if it's FSU, UM, or LSU.

Update on the "phone" situation....it seems Bob Tebow went on a Jacksonville radio station and reported that Tim had recieved hundreds of phone calls from LSU fans, and that some of them contained death threats, and threats to rape Tebow's mother.

The feds are involved now...I wonder will those fans still be laughing in the chain gang?

Disgusting.

The more info has come out on what happened, the more disturbing it gets. Threatening a college kid's life and threatening to rape his mother over a ****ing game. I hope they enjoy prison because it won't be that hard to track all of the calls and text messages.

swampmonster
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
The more info has come out on what happened, the more disturbing it gets. Threatening a college kid's life and threatening to rape his mother over a ****ing game. I hope they enjoy prison because it won't be that hard to track all of the calls and text messages.

I can not imagine doing such as that. :sad2:

YR_Tiger
10-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Wow I think the Gator fan maybe taking this a little too personal. Remeber when OU branded UTs steer? Navy clipped the Army Mule? Army stole th Navy goat? Things like this have been going forever. I bet dollars to donuts that the FBI investigation goes no where an no one gets prosecuted.
Get over it........

swampmonster
10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Wow I think the Gator fan maybe taking this a little too personal. Remeber when OU branded UTs steer? Navy clipped the Army Mule? Army stole th Navy goat? Things like this have been going forever. I bet dollars to donuts that the FBI investigation goes no where an no one gets prosecuted.
Get over it........

Death and Rape threats?, "get over it" seriously?

jrltiger
10-09-2007, 03:39 PM
It's stupid and I'm not going to defend the people involved but I doubt that any of those people would back up their threats. Probably drunk idiots saying stupid things.

swampmonster
10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh wow, I can't believe you all aren't totally denouncing this.

GatorMan32
10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Do I think these idiots would back them up? No, probably not. Does it make it OK to harass someone with it? No. And if any Gator fans ever do **** like that, I hope their ***es are punished for it. Think people are completely losing perspective on a freaking game.

jrltiger
10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh I agree, and I'm not condoning it at all. But I'm sure there's a way to handle it without getting the feds involved. The people who threatened him need to be punished, but it can be handled without the fed, IMO.

danny_d_lsu
10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know the laws behind threats?

Texaubie
10-09-2007, 04:26 PM

Believe the law is known as Uttering threats.

USC90
10-09-2007, 04:55 PM

My guess would be 18 U.S.C. 875

You can find it here:

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000875----000-.html

Keep in mind that in order to have an actionable threat, it would need to be one that a reasonable person would take seriously in order to overcome the First Amendment "true threat" requirement. I don't think we have that here.

Of course, if we had an anti-douche bag statute, these LSU fans would be toast.

YR_Tiger
10-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Do I think these idiots would back them up? No, probably not. Does it make it OK to harass someone with it? No. And if any Gator fans ever do **** like that, I hope their ***es are punished for it. Think people are completely losing perspective on a freaking game.

How about the inpoud guys???? Those in glass house shoudl not throw stone.
I do not condone either but I bet a million buck no one on this site made those calls.
I am not going to apologize for some dumb fans that happen to support the same team I do.
I'm fairly sure the there are murders and rapist in prison that also pull for some NCAA team.

georgiaguy31015
10-09-2007, 05:22 PM

That's absolutely horrible. There's no reason or sense in that. I'm very passionate about my football team but come on that's just stupid. I hope these punks get what's coming to them.

Gatorbabe
10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
How about the inpoud guys???? Those in glass house shoudl not throw stone.
I do not condone either but I bet a million buck no one on this site made those calls.
I am not going to apologize for some dumb fans that happen to support the same team I do.
I'm fairly sure the there are murders and rapist in prison that also pull for some NCAA team.

You don't have to apologize for them but I dont want to hear anymore complaints about Tebow's taunts after what some LSU fans have put him through.

GatorMan32
10-09-2007, 05:28 PM
What part of any Gator fans who do that sort of stupid thing should be punished too wasn't clear? There is no place for threatening people's lives and families, period.

Texaubie
10-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Think people are completely losing perspective on a freaking game.

Same thing I said a few weeks ago. Its only becoming more common, more outrageous, and occuring more across the country.

georgiaguy31015
10-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Same thing I said a few weeks ago. Its only becoming more common, more outrageous, and occuring more across the country.

That I would agree with and unfortunately I see it only getting worse as time goes by. Just a byproduct of our society in my opinion.

rolling baby
10-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Reminds me of this when it comes to fan behaviour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots

Almost brought the Byzantine empire down.........

YR_Tiger
10-09-2007, 05:39 PM
You don't have to apologize for them but I dont want to hear anymore complaints about Tebow's taunts after what some LSU fans have put him through.

And I have never complained about Tebow. I think the guy is an amazing competitor and he is just elease some energy after the TD runs. Who am I to say how he celebrats a TD I have never set foot on college football field much less a area like he was in on Sat Nigh in BR. I think the guy is a good fella and a great QB. Not to mention; I am sure is getting more offers form the ladies than I have in my entire lifetiem.

USC90
10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Reminds me of this when it comes to fan behaviour:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots

Almost brought the Byzantine empire down.........

Hopefully we aren't any where near that point ... not to mention that there was a fair amount of political opportunism involved.

Given the standard game day in Baton Rouge, I'm thinking this is a closer historical analogy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

rolling baby
10-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I can't wait to see how many people get injured when Bama visits BR, next year. The media will have a field day.

zud the hut
10-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Disgusting.

SM, it wasn't 1/4 of the stadium either. It came from the student section. You paint that like it was all the fans. As I stated earlier, I was in the SEZ and did not hear it. People who watched it on tv told me that they did hear it. I would not make such a chant and most of the people that I know would not do it either.

I hope that whoever made those threating calls get what's coming to them. It was wrong and not funny as you have stated.

But I also get the impression that you enjoy getting on your highhorse and make every Tiger fan a pos. I think that you enjoyed getting on your soapbox and wrap yourself in self righteousness.

You profess to live as Christ did...but what part of your anger against all things LSU is Christ like?

RedNekTiger
10-10-2007, 12:33 AM
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The owner of the towing company involved in Florida safety Tony Joiner's burglary case said Saturday he received more than 200 threatening phone calls.

More than a dozen of the calls were death threats and others were bomb threats, Stan Forron told Florida Today. Several callers even offered to pay the $76 towing bill if Forron would drop the charge.

"I'm just glad it wasn't Tim Tebow, that's all I can say," Forron told the newspaper. "I think I would be covered in 10 feet of concrete right now if it had been Tebow."

Joiner was arrested around 5 a.m. Tuesday for allegedly trying to take his girlfriend's car out of the towing company's impound lot.

Glass house. (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/gen/ap/FBC_T25_Florida_Joiners_Arrest.html) I did a little search, and I found dozens of stories about the tow company owner, yet I cannot find a single article on a threat to Tebow. SInce we have had an LSU fan talk about how it was happening, I will not deny it, but I wonder why this is not all over the news and ESPN. I found one article on ESPN.com. Really surprised it is not getting more air time, I wish it was.

BleedPurpleandGold
10-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Yeah, the Feds are really gonna spend their time tracking down people who threatened superman. I don't condone what any of those LSU fans may or MAY NOT have done but prison time is absurd. They'll never even hear about it much less be prosecuted.

jrltiger
10-10-2007, 01:46 AM
SM, it wasn't 1/4 of the stadium either. It came from the student section. You paint that like it was all the fans. As I stated earlier, I was in the SEZ and did not hear it. People who watched it on tv told me that they did hear it. I would not make such a chant and most of the people that I know would not do it either.

I hope that whoever made those threating calls get what's coming to them. It was wrong and not funny as you have stated.

But I also get the impression that you enjoy getting on your highhorse and make every Tiger fan a pos. I think that you enjoyed getting on your soapbox and wrap yourself in self righteousness.

You profess to live as Christ did...but what part of your anger against all things LSU is Christ like?

It wasn't even the entire student section. I was in it, and heard plenty of it, but don't throw us all under the bus here.

wareaglewade
10-10-2007, 02:13 AM
All schools have their bad apples. All the multitude of stories about what goes on at LSU is just fabrications by other schools.

Did I get that about right?

Leauxgan
10-10-2007, 02:14 AM
It wasn't even the entire student section. I was in it, and heard plenty of it, but don't throw us all under the bus here.

Furreal.

I'm a student. Me and the 7-10 other students I was with just shook our heads in disappointment when the chant started up.

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Glass house. (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/gen/ap/FBC_T25_Florida_Joiners_Arrest.html) I did a little search, and I found dozens of stories about the tow company owner, yet I cannot find a single article on a threat to Tebow. SInce we have had an LSU fan talk about how it was happening, I will not deny it, but I wonder why this is not all over the news and ESPN. I found one article on ESPN.com. Really surprised it is not getting more air time, I wish it was.

http://gatorsports.com/article/20071010/NEWS/71010004/1090

According to Tebow, LSU fans began lighting up his cell phone early last week, leaving harassing and sometimes physically threatening, voice and text messages on his cell phone.

"Some people did take it way too far, farther than you should take it with sports," Tebow said.

From the horse's mouth ;)....as for the tow truck company threats. I wholeheartedly, not with any reservation, like some of you seem to be want to do, condemn any gator fans who threatened, or harrassed the owner in any way. I find such conduct repulsive, and I catagorically state that such fans should be excommunicated from gator fandom.

Also, it would seem reasonable that you all would do the same with your criminal fans, instead of defending them. :rolleyes:

That is what I have issue with.

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 09:26 AM

Not at all, some LSU fans condemned the criminal conduct outright, some continue to attempt to defend it, or lessen the severity of it. This is what I have issue with. As for my Christianity, that's between me and my Savior, my opinion on the criminal actions of some of the LSU fanbase, has very little to do with my righteousness, or lack thereof, in fact it's all about what Jesus did. :)

Gatorbabe
10-10-2007, 09:28 AM

That is one loud group for being so small. We heard it loud and clear on the tv and we had about 15 people over for the game.

GatorMan32
10-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Exactly Swamp. I am with you. I condemn anyone, regardless of if they are a Gator, when they make death threats and all of that crap.

jrltiger
10-10-2007, 12:17 PM
That is one loud group for being so small. We heard it loud and clear on the tv and we had about 15 people over for the game.

It was a solid majority, no doubt about that, but I was just saying it wasn't everyone. There's no doubt in my mind it was audible to everyone, but if 8,000 people are screaming something in unison, it's probably going to be pretty loud. I'm just trying to defend the people who weren't yelling it (such as me), but I know people heard it cause it was loud.

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 01:20 PM
For the love...I'm glad Joakim Noah is gone, so these threads are only confined to football this year (hopefully) :rotf:

Gator fans will never find anything wrong with Tebow, and anyone who taunts him gets what they deserve...Tebow Haters are going to make fun of him, at any lengths, until he leaves college, no matter what

Student sections yell dirty words, I never would have guessed :sarcasm:

Can we pin one thread titled, "Tebow: Superman or Myth..." This thread could cover all taunts about him and by him...It can cover any man kisses, great plays, boneheaded plays, crying (being a baby, or just being a competitor), his run to the Heisman, and his courting of Lois...By the time he leaves in January 2010, we should have a nice thread going :rotf: It would save alot of space on the board

Just a thought

Gatorbabe
10-10-2007, 01:26 PM
For the love...I'm glad Joakim Noah is gone, so these threads are only confined to football this year (hopefully) :rotf:

Gator fans will never find anything wrong with Tebow, and anyone who taunts him gets what they deserve...Tebow Haters are going to make fun of him, at any lengths, until he leaves college, no matter what

Student sections yell dirty words, I never would have guessed :sarcasm:

Can we pin one thread titled, "Tebow: Superman or Myth..." This thread could cover all taunts about him and by him...It can cover any man kisses, great plays, boneheaded plays, crying (being a baby, or just being a competitor), his run to the Heisman, and his courting of Lois...By the time he leaves in January 2010, we should have a nice thread going :rotf: It would save alot of space on the board

Just a thought

59-20 :)

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
59-20 :)

Not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread, but OK...BUT seriously, how many threads regarding practically the same thing can there be????

BTW, 59-20 is about a month ago...Congrats, it was a great win, you beat our butts...Since then, Tennessee is 2-0, UF is 1-2, and Tennessee, not Florida, controls their own fate in the East

rolling baby
10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread, but OK...BUT seriously, how many threads regarding practically the same thing can there be????

BTW, 59-20 is about a month ago...Congrats, it was a great win, you beat our butts...Since then, Tennessee is 2-0, UF is 1-2, and Tennessee, not Florida, controls their own fate in the East

Tennessee is 1-1.

Gatorbabe
10-10-2007, 01:36 PM

Well I just think its funny that you all get on Gator fans for defending Tebow ... if something like that had happened to one of your players, I'm betting you all would have been pissed. Taunting players is fine ... what happened last week went over the line. There is hype around Tebow ... if you are starting to just realize that now, I don't know where you've been hiding. There will be always something said about him, good or bad. If you are so sick of hearing about it, don't click on anymore Florida threads. Simple solution. :)

And Congrats for UT's turnaround. You guys don't have to play LSU this year do you? :rolleyes: It doesn't matter what happens the rest of the season. 59-20 has already happened and you cannot deny it.

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Well I just think its funny that you all get on Gator fans for defending Tebow ... if something like that had happened to one of your players, I'm betting you all would have been pissed.

Babe, c'mon now...you can look at my history...Even when it involves the Vols, I don't condone players taunting fans, ever...I think it's thuggish, and I think it's wrong...I got on to Ron Slay when he used to beat his chest in basketball...i got onto Jason Allen, when he taunted the Bama fans at the end of the '03 game, etc...I don't like it, especially when it is the Vols...i think it makes us look bad

Fans taunting you is part of playing on the road...Some of it may go over the line, but IMO, that's just part of being a high-profile athlete

JMO

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Tennessee is 1-1.

W-Arkansas St
W-Georgia

rolling baby
10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I thought you were referring to the SEC record....my bad. ;)

GB, get him!!!! :D

Gatorbabe
10-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Babe, c'mon now...you can look at my history...Even when it involves the Vols, I don't condone players taunting fans, ever...I think it's thuggish, and I think it's wrong...I got on to Ron Slay when he used to beat his chest in basketball...i got onto Jason Allen, when he taunted the Bama fans at the end of the '03 game, etc...I don't like it, especially when it is the Vols...i think it makes us look bad

Fans taunting you is part of playing on the road...Some of it may go over the line, but IMO, that's just part of being a high-profile athlete

JMO

I totally agree. I wasn't happy either when Tebow taunted the LSU fans but given the fact that he got death/rape threats, do you seriously think we should be pointing the finger at Tebow? I mean its totally ok for fans to be fans but everyone freaks out when a player gives them a taste of their own medicine.

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Fans aren't getting a free scholarship to be where they are, the players are...These are just words...if fans start to get violent, with players or other fans, they should be gone, lose their ticket privleages, and possibly go to jail...But, words, no matter how bad they may get, especially coming from an opposing fan base that you know hates your guts and is trying to get into your head, are just words...

BigBamaFan
10-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Fans aren't getting a free scholarship to be where they are, the players are...These are just words...if fans start to get violent, with players or other fans, they should be gone, lose their ticket privleages, and possibly go to jail...But, words, no matter how bad they may get, especially coming from an opposing fan base that you know hates your guts and is trying to get into your head, are just words...

Calling opposing players on their cell phones is over the line.................

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Hence, I said, "some of it goes over the line..."

Gatorbabe
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Hence, I said, "some of it goes over the line..."

And that is all I'm referring to. The chants were bad but I'm not going to continue to complain about that. I wouldn't chant that at any player but some fans will.... thats their problem.

GatorMan32
10-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Calling opposing players on their cell phones is over the line.................

rep :cheers:

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
But, words, no matter how bad they may get,

Tell that to Imus.

We are responsible for our words.

Really doubt many of the biggest political criminals in history did very little other than words....you know such as...gas them, exterminate them, eliminate them, kill them.

Again, more of the same lessening of the severity of the action of criminal LSU fans.

Seminole6
10-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Gatorfans-

Are you really still crying over Tebow getting taunted and getting verbal threats over the phone? Why should he be defended by his cry-baby fans? Do you think he cares??? Do you think "Teabg Tebow" really keeps him up at night? Do you honestly think it hurt his feelings? Thats all I want to know. Do you REALLY think he fears for his life after getting those text messages and voicemails from LSU fans?? Hell no he don't, hell no he don't and hell no he dont. So why do you care? I know Gator fans think they are above everyone else (especially with the recent success) and to me it seems like you are trying to find some sort of consolation to fill your emotional void. So you choose to degrade the LSU fans in general because they said hurtful things to Milo's Tebow himself. Awwwww poor Timmy. "We are still better than you because your student sections said ugly things." BOO HOO. It's like you think that a UF fan has never said a bad word in the swamp. And they sure havent said it towards an opposing teams player... oh my, that would just be grounds for an exile from the stadium! Milo can handle himself. Get over it.

Btw, this is all based on the assumption that he was bawling his out out after the game because they lost, if he was crying because of the fans chanting mean words, I retract every statement I ever said about him, good or bad, and I will have a new (worse) opinion of him.

BleedPurpleandGold
10-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Tell that to Imus.

We are responsible for our words.

Really doubt many of the biggest political criminals in history did very little other than words....you know such as...gas them, exterminate them, eliminate them, kill them.

Again, more of the same lessening of the severity of the action of criminal LSU fans.

You played with Dolls as a kid didn't you?

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
You played with Dolls as a kid didn't you?

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=197025

Dear Tebow and Gator fans,

As a dedicated Tiger fan, I want to send out a sincere apology to Tim Tebow and his family for the childish and imbecilic action of some LSU "fans" to advertise his phone number. Also, I want to apologize for any of the calls that originated from an LSU fan. I'm horrified that these came from LSU and anyone who calls themselves an LSU supporter. Hopefully you know that this represents only a small number of our fans, and just how you probably feel, I'd like to see these people suffer a little for their behavior.

Tebow is an incredible athlete and appears to have the strong character to go along with it. He deserves lots of respect.

My experience with the Gator fans was very favorable at the game and we all had a good time sharing food and drinks. The way it should be.

Cheers

How honorable Tigers are responding. :)

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Gatorfans-

Are you really still crying over Tebow getting taunted and getting verbal threats over the phone? Why should he be defended by his cry-baby fans? Do you think he cares??? Do you think "Teabg Tebow" really keeps him up at night? Do you honestly think it hurt his feelings? Thats all I want to know. Do you REALLY think he fears for his life after getting those text messages and voicemails from LSU fans?? Hell no he don't, hell no he don't and hell no he dont. So why do you care? I know Gator fans think they are above everyone else (especially with the recent success) and to me it seems like you are trying to find some sort of consolation to fill your emotional void. So you choose to degrade the LSU fans in general because they said hurtful things to Milo's Tebow himself. Awwwww poor Timmy. "We are still better than you because your student sections said ugly things." BOO HOO. It's like you think that a UF fan has never said a bad word in the swamp. And they sure havent said it towards an opposing teams player... oh my, that would just be grounds for an exile from the stadium! Milo can handle himself. Get over it.

Btw, this is all based on the assumption that he was bawling his out out after the game because they lost, if he was crying because of the fans chanting mean words, I retract every statement I ever said about him, good or bad, and I will have a new (worse) opinion of him.

:rotf:

-LSU-
10-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Gatorfans-

Cheers man; that's exactly how I feel. I'm sorry the chants and phone calls happened. It's football. Calm down.

Seminole6
10-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Cheers man; that's exactly how I feel. I'm sorry the chants and phone calls happened. It's football. Calm down.

Exactly, Its gonna happen anywhere you go, in every sport. Some just choose to whine about it (only when they lose) and some are realists who know that its gonna happen, and some that cry about it just don't realize that nobody cares what they think, regardless of how many tears you shed onto your keyboard....

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Exactly, Its gonna happen anywhere you go, in every sport. Some just choose to whine about it (only when they lose) and some are realists who know that its gonna happen, and some that cry about it just don't realize that nobody cares what they think, regardless of how many tears you shed onto your keyboard....

hmmmm 900+ views of this topic, local and national news reports...I guess it is a hot topic, for everyone, there goes that theory genius. :D

You mistake giving a sh!t, for crying. I know the noles haven't done much for you to care about lately, but how simply stating a contrary opinion is somehow "whining" is beyond me. The outcome of these events effects me personally not one iota. The fact is you are reveling in this because it's the closest you've been able to come to victory over the gators in 3+ years. Seminoles internet wide have been making exactly the same type of pronouncements you have. :think:

The gators have fallen down, the gators aren't any good anymore, see, see, look Tebow cried, see, see, look, look the gators finally lost, yip-eee! :blah:

For this reason, I find absolutely no neutral merit in your comments, and naturally the offending fanbase would side with you.

-LSU-
10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
hmmmm 900+ views of this topic, local and national news reports...I guess it is a hot topic, for everyone, there goes that theory genius. :D

You mistake giving a sh!t, for crying. I know the noles haven't done much for you to care about lately, but how simply stating a contrary opinion is somehow "whining" is beyond me. The outcome of these events effects me personally not one iota. The fact is you are reveling in this because it's the closest you've been able to come to victory over the gators in 3+ years. Seminoles internet wide have been making exactly the same type of pronouncements you have. :think:

The gators have fallen down, the gators aren't any good anymore, see, see, look Tebow cried, see, see, look, look the gators finally lost, yip-eee! :blah:

For this reason, I find absolutely no neutral merit in your comments, and naturally the offending fanbase would side with you.

And I give no merit to what you say because you've seemed to loathe LSU since before the South Carolina game. I can't believe this topic is so hot. I know that the chants weren't classy, but football is not a classy sport y'all. This wasn't a ballet. I understand being a little pissed for maybe an hour, but 4 days later? I'm really trying to put myself in UF fans' shoes and I just don't get it. I especially can't believe it's an issue because Tebow did taunt our fans several times and Urban Meyer had the team jumping on the Eye of the Tiger before the game. I could whine about that all day but I'm not because it's football and I like a little arrogance every once in a while.

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 03:54 PM

perfect example of people who take words too seriously...They're only words

BigBamaFan
10-10-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm like 90% of all American football fans I'm sick of hearing Tebow this Tebow that.I could care less if the LSU fans chanted Tebow sucks Tebow whatever that just going to happen especially at LSU or Florida.
But the phone calls is way out of line for any fan base and to attempt to try and defend it is just as bad.

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 03:58 PM
And I give no merit to what you say because you've seemed to loathe LSU since before the South Carolina game. I can't believe this topic is so hot. I know that the chants weren't classy, but football is not a classy sport y'all. This wasn't a ballet. I understand being a little pissed for maybe an hour, but 4 days later? I'm really trying to put myself in UF fans' shoes and I just don't get it. I especially can't believe it's an issue because Tebow did taunt our fans several times and Urban Meyer had the team jumping on the Eye of the Tiger before the game. I could whine about that all day but I'm not because it's football and I like a little arrogance every once in a while.

Maybe you should check that out a little closer, I started a congrats thread in your area, I have no particular disdain for LSU, in fact I like the whole idea of redneck cajuns running wild on the bayou, very similar to my kind of people, I come from redneck swamp people, probably more like you all than any of the rest of the SEC. As for Tebow, I just think he was shamefully treated. Can I change it? No, but you can bet I'm going to raise heck about it, for as long as any of you try to defend those stupid actions. It was wrong how he was done, period. Now you can continue to say, well it wasn't that bad, this is football :blah: it was just words, until the cows come home.....it was wrong. You can't change that. The best you can do is apoligize for your actions and leave it at that.

2008 National Champions
10-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm like 90% of all American football fans I'm sick of hearing Tebow this Tebow that.I could care less if the LSU fans chanted Tebow sucks Tebow whatever that just going to happen especially at LSU or Florida.
But the phone calls is way out of line for any fan base and to attempt to try and defend it is just as bad.

Bama will soon have a law named after him. Get used to it. :)

-LSU-
10-10-2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe you should check that out a little closer, I started a congrats thread in you area, I have no particular disdain for LSU, in fact I like the whole idea of redneck cajuns running wild on the bayou, very similar to my kind of people, I come from redneck swamp people, probably more like you all than any of the rest of the SEC. As for Tebow, I just think he was shamefully treated. Can I change it? No, but you can bet I'm going to raise heck about it, for as long as any of you try to defend those stupid actions. It was wrong how he was done, period. Now you can continue to say, well it wasn't that bad, this is football :blah: it was just words, until the cows come home.....it was wrong. You can't change that. The best you can do is apoligize for your actions and leave it at that.
Sorry, not going to apologize for something I didn't do and other people's actions.

swampmonster
10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Sorry, not going to apologize for something I didn't do and other people's actions.

Okay good, why bother to defend it then? :confused:

Seminole6
10-10-2007, 04:20 PM

There is where you are wrong. If this game had been played at Florida, and your student section chanted the likes of: Ear-ly Douche-ette, or Hester the Child molester, and LSU fans were crying about it it 4 days later, I would say the exact same thing. Loud, obnoxious, drunken students are a big part of college football (generally speaking). And no I am not saying Vulgarity, life threats, rape threats, and alcohol are part of it so dont try to turn this around. I am saying "In General" students are an enormous part of the stadium atmosphere, and along with the majority of students comes the obnoxiousness, drunkeness, and vulgar comments. Rarely to never will you see the season ticket holders start chants like that, but some will happily join in, and others will shake their heads in disgust. There is nothing that can be done about this in football stadiums, so you have to take it for what it is and look the other way if you so choose.

And yes, what you are doing is whining. You are expressing your opinion on something that is offensive to you in a peevish complaint. That is a definition of whining and that is what you, and your gator compadres are doing whether you want to agree or not.

Texaubie
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
I know that the chants weren't classy, but football is not a classy sport y'all. .

Out of curiosity... why?

It's a sport. It being a contact sport doesn't give a right to fans to be violent. Labeling it a sport without class is just a excuse for people that don't know how to conduct themselves. Its also a insult to any player past or present that did represent themselves, their university or city, and their fans with class.

Don't blame the sport. This one is on society and there are no excuses.

-LSU-
10-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Okay good, why bother to defend it then? :confused:

Haven't defended it until today. I think the incessant whining is stupid. It's over.

-LSU-
10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Out of curiosity... why?

It's a sport. It being a contact sport doesn't give a right to fans to be violent. Labeling it a sport without class is just a excuse for people that don't know how to conduct themselves. Its also a insult to any player past or present that did represent themselves, their university or city, and their fans with class.

Don't blame the sport. This one is on society and there are no excuses.

Man, I guess we put football on different pedestals. Think about the advertisements that have football themes in them. Most of them are either deodorant or beer commercials. Wow, the class! Golf commercials involve things like investment banking, etc. I'm a student at LSU. I get really drunk before the football game, like 90% of the other students. It just doesn't come off as a classy thing. We are screaming our little asses off at some guys knocking the absolute hell out of each other. When you think about it, there is a good percentage of football players who aren't exactly classy either. I'm not saying their aren't classy fans and players or coaches, I know there are. After the Florida game, besides the fight one UF guy tried to start with my friends, almost all of the UF fans were super nice and I was back to them in return. Mostly "See you in Atlanta wishes," etc. I love sports. I absolutely love college football, but part of the reason I like it is because it's not ballet. Know what I mean? It can get dirty and fun. I've been playing music all my life and I enjoy going to the symphony or a jazz show, but every once in a while I want to go to a badass rock show. Saturday night in Death Valley is like a rock show and I love it. I guess that's why I'm defending it now that this has gone on for 4 days.

BigBamaFan
10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Bama will soon have a law named after him. Get used to it. :)
LOL We have our on law making QB for 2009 get ready to have another round of my QB can take on the world when Bama lands McCarron.

Texaubie
10-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Man, I guess we put football on different pedestals. Think about the advertisements that have football themes in them. Most of them are either deodorant or beer commercials. Wow, the class! Golf commercials involve things like investment banking, etc. I'm a student at LSU. I get really drunk before the football game, like 90% of the other students. It just doesn't come off as a classy thing. We are screaming our little asses off at some guys knocking the absolute hell out of each other. When you think about it, there is a good percentage of football players who aren't exactly classy either. I'm not saying their aren't classy fans and players or coaches, I know there are. After the Florida game, besides the fight one UF guy tried to start with my friends, almost all of the UF fans were super nice and I was back to them in return. Mostly "See you in Atlanta wishes," etc. I love sports. I absolutely love college football, but part of the reason I like it is because it's not ballet. Know what I mean? It can get dirty and fun. I've been playing music all my life and I enjoy going to the symphony or a jazz show, but every once in a while I want to go to a badass rock show. Saturday night in Death Valley is like a rock show and I love it. I guess that's why I'm defending it now that this has gone on for 4 days.

Thats a fair answer. You are going a little farther with the class comment than I am, I guess the proper word would be sportsmanship.

I drink before our games, but I've never called a player and threatened to rape their mom, or burned down my town after a win, or throw things at opposing players/fans, or cheered when opposing players got hurt etc. Hell last chant I participated in toward another player was for Gibson at Georgia when he was down and we all wanted to see him get up.

Guess thats my problem, people using football as a liscense to just say screw common sense and other people and do stupid stuff. That goes for players also.

There is always gonna be idiots, but people managed to go to and enjoy the game for over 100 years without having to participate in actions that seem to be becoming the norm for football fans in America.

georgiaguy31015
10-10-2007, 07:13 PM

You make a good point in my opinion. If this is true and I'm not saying it is or it isn't because I believe it to be true but if it is then why no story on it? This would have to be big big news in my opinon and should have been mentioned somewhere.

2008 National Champions
10-10-2007, 07:36 PM
You make a good point in my opinion. If this is true and I'm not saying it is or it isn't because I believe it to be true but if it is then why no story on it? This would have to be big big news in my opinon and should have been mentioned somewhere.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3056398

It was also on the cover of the Florida Times-Union sports page today.

georgiaguy31015
10-10-2007, 07:38 PM

Alright, I stand corrected. Thanks man.

FLy
10-10-2007, 07:45 PM
No excuse for the threats, the vulgar chants, ect.

In my opinion it cheapens a great game.

TexasFight
10-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Does it really matter? Holy ****.

bleedorange1983
10-10-2007, 08:11 PM

"They were having fun with me and I was having fun with them." doesn't really sound like he was getting life-threatening messages. I think that he was more annoyed by the calls than anything.

FLy
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Not what his dad said.

Tennessee
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Does it really matter? Holy ****.

This is typical when there is a big game until the next weekend of games hits...once Saturday hits, this will all blow over

2008 National Champions
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
"They were having fun with me and I was having fun with them." doesn't really sound like he was getting life-threatening messages. I think that he was more annoyed by the calls than anything.

I'm sure most of the messages were harmless trash talk.

2008 National Champions
10-10-2007, 08:36 PM
This is typical when there is a big game until the next weekend of games hits...once Saturday hits, this will all blow over

Except Florida has the weekend off so we have nothing else to get up about unless Tennessee loses. :)

FLy
10-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Bye weeks suck.

Tebow doesn't care about it, but I do.

bleedorange1983
10-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Trash talking comes with college football...that's half the stuff on these threads. It shoudn't ever get personal though.

zud the hut
10-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Not at all, some LSU fans condemned the criminal conduct outright, some continue to attempt to defend it, or lessen the severity of it. This is what I have issue with. As for my Christianity, that's between me and my Savior, my opinion on the criminal actions of some of the LSU fanbase, has very little to do with my righteousness, or lack thereof, in fact it's all about what Jesus did. :)

I wonder how long you're going to go on with this.

I have stated that the chants and the cell phone deal was wrong. What more do you want us to do? Bow before you and Tim and beg forgiveness?

Your salvation between you and Jesus Christ is between you and Christ. But I have seen your posts as you being very proud to be a Christian and futhermore...that you are a spiritual leader of sorts.

But your behavior here is for all to see and you do not own the opinions of those that see you act like this.

You can not control any fan base. Are you going to make us all good? You don't have that power.

When are you going to quit attempting to punish us here when we had nothing to do with the bad action.

I don't see you act this way toward the Florida fans who also issued death threats....why don't you razz them like you're doing us?

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 09:32 AM
I wonder how long you're going to go on with this.

I have stated that the chants and the cell phone deal was wrong. What more do you want us to do? Bow before you and Tim and beg forgiveness?

Your salvation between you and Jesus Christ is between you and Christ. But I have seen your posts as you being very proud to be a Christian and futhermore...that you are a spiritual leader of sorts.

But your behavior here is for all to see and you do not own the opinions of those that see you act like this.

You can not control any fan base. Are you going to make us all good? You don't have that power.

When are you going to quit attempting to punish us here when we had nothing to do with the bad action.

I don't see you act this way toward the Florida fans who also issued death threats....why don't you razz them like you're doing us?

Apology accepted.

God bless you.

My work is done. :)

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Gatorfans-

Why are you so obsessed with us Seminole? If we bother you so much, then dont come over here. You should have no interest in what SEC fans are saying Ķ especially Florida fans since all we do is cry all day long. So that proves what your real intent is Ķto hate on Florida as much as you can. Cheer for other teams who can do what your team cant. You offer no real insight on anything. Just like to name call. Overall you are just a useless poster.

Here is something for you to hate on: 21-13 34-7 20-13

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Useless?

3-2 <-------- Thats useless

Useless?

When Milo comes out and says "They were having fun with me, and I was having fun with them. Thats college football." And Gator fans are whining and talking about jail time for the people that called him, knowing that had y'all won the game you could care less. <------- Thats useless

I have read 100 threads on here, and actually know some people that post on here personally, and we are all in agreement that Gator fans whine and complain more than any other fan base on this forum, hands down. Its always, congratualations..."but...." Well played game..."but...." It's quite humorous to be honest, thats why I am here. I definitely dont come here for the insight... you could maybe get good information in MAYBE 2 posts out of an entire thread related to an upcoming or recently played game. I started reading the Zook thread....HAAAA, how long did that one last beofre Florida fans came in and took it over?

Gator fans :blah::blah::blah::blah::cry::cry::cry:

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
http://th110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/saw4saw4saw4/th_bowden.gif

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Useless?

3-2 <-------- Thats useless

Useless?

When Milo comes out and says "They were having fun with me, and I was having fun with them. Thats college football." And Gator fans are whining and talking about jail time for the people that called him, knowing that had y'all won the game you could care less. <------- Thats useless

I have read 100 threads on here, and actually know some people that post on here personally, and we are all in agreement that Gator fans whine and complain more than any other fan base on this forum, hands down. Its always, congratualations..."but...." Well played game..."but...." It's quite humorous to be honest, thats why I am here. I definitely dont come here for the insight... you could maybe get good information in MAYBE 2 posts out of an entire thread related to an upcoming or recently played game. I started reading the Zook thread....HAAAA, how long did that one last beofre Florida fans came in and took it over?

Gator fans :blah::blah::blah::blah::cry::cry::cry:

I don't put any "buts" in my Congratulations .... but again, you didn't answer my question? Why are you reading what we write if it bothers you? We can't be perfect like you. And yes you are useless. I have yet to see you write anything that isn't center on your hatred for all things Gator.

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 11:27 AM
http://th110.photobucket.com/albums/n88/saw4saw4saw4/th_bowden.gif

Such an enlightening post from such a religous advocate... I was expecting a Nativity scene from you. :rotf:

I don't put any "buts" in my Congratulations .... but again, you didn't answer my question? Why are you reading what we write if it bothers you? We can't be perfect like you. And yes you are useless. I have yet to see you write anything that isn't center on your hatred for all things Gator.

Humor, entertainment... it doesn't bother me one bit. I think its hilarious and I simply calls em likes I sees em. Did you happen to notice that not one LSU fan said anything about the stomping on the eye until y'all started whining about Milo? :think:

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I think its hilarious and I simply calls em likes I sees em.

As do I. You are useless. :D Are you a UF reject too? You sure sound like it. If you are, I don't blame you. Most of those guys are pretty bitter too. You are also 100% biased. LSU fans were complaining about the players stomping on the eye and Tebow taunting them .. not in response to us, just because it bothered them. I guess we can call of them crybabies too.

LSUELOI
10-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Go write the next great American novel, Go start a business, Go lose to LSU, Go screw yourself if you're still talking about it a week after the fact and have no life and are incredibly bitter...:cry:

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Go write the next great American novel, Go start a business, Go lose to LSU, Go screw yourself if you're still talking about it a week after the fact and have no life and are incredibly bitter...:cry:

We have an off week. What else am I supposed to discuss? I'm not bitter. I congratulated LSU fans .... Am I not allowed to have an opinion? Thanks for telling me to screw myself. Keep up the tradition of your fanbase. :)

LSUELOI
10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm proud that our fanbase is rowdy and rude but can also be incredibly hospitable. You told someone they were and I quote "useless." So please do not lecture me on what is rude and what is not. I have been a fan that yells tigerbait and laughs at an opposing team and I have been a fan that has helped out people wearing opposing colors on gameday. I have had opposing fans be rude to be and be hospitable. Guess what college football is built on those gameday traditions of being jerks to opposing fans it makes it fun and gives it character. There is nothing wrong with it. Should people say they are going to rape someones mother...no but do I care a whole lot, nah b/c it's a bunch of idiots making idle threats. If it had happened to me I would of laughed it off much the same way Tebow did. Why don't you take a lesson from your teams leader who has forgotten the incident.

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Such an enlightening post from such a religous advocate... I was expecting a Nativity scene from you.

It was a joke, don't be such a poor loser. :D

Actually, I really admire Bobby's stand on religious matters.

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm not even discussing the threats to Tebow anymore .. I'm responding to the stupid Nole fan. And I'm not supposed to lecture you when you told me to screw myself? Thats laughable. You came here and attacked me .... so don't get all upset if I respond back. You people whine about our whining. Stop responding to us and this will die. Go worry about Kentucky.

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 11:48 AM
As do I. You are useless. :D Are you a UF reject too? You sure sound like it. If you are, I don't blame you. Most of those guys are pretty bitter too. You are also 100% biased. LSU fans were complaining about the players stomping on the eye and Tebow taunting them .. not in response to us, just because it bothered them. I guess we can call of them crybabies too.

If that is the case, then yes they are cry babies too... But for some reason I havent seen that, and I do know that everytime a player on the away team scores pretty much they do something to taunt the home crowd in the endzone. Heck, Chad Johnson jumped into the DawgPound... and they held on to him... a few others threw beer and trash on him at the same time, did he cry??? Did the fans cry??? Nope, Nope... So what makes it so bad for Tebow to do the phone dial thing? nothing, and like I said I am about 99% sure that LSU fans could care less. Jumping on the eye??? Thats the kinda stuff that taunts the other team and starts fights. Terrell Owens ring a bell??? Louisville-Miami? FSU-Miami? Like I posted earlier, Florida is lucky LSU wasnt out there when it was going on. OR they were scared and knew better to do that while LSU was still out there... who knows, but I would put my money on the latter of the 2.

LSUELOI
10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Chief I'll worry about whatever I care to worry about. Bottom line is you are bitter b/c you lost a close game. You have been the one that has catalyzed most of this discussion. You are the sole Florida fan that has been keeping this going. LSU fans have been gracious in victory but the discussion of how we are jerks and classless is just getting old. You won a National championship last year and you have a great team this year...be happy.

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 11:52 AM
It was a joke, don't be such a poor loser. :D

Actually,I really admire Bobby's stand on religious matters.

I realized that... thats why I had the :rotf: at the end.

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey Chief I'll worry about whatever I care to worry about. Bottom line is you are bitter b/c you lost a close game. You have been the one that has catalyzed most of this discussion. You are the sole Florida fan that has been keeping this going. LSU fans have been gracious in victory but the discussion of how we are jerks and classless is just getting old. You won a National championship last year and you have a great team this year...be happy.

Actually, they are mediocre this year... with a great QB and an amazing talent in Percy.

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I realized that... thats why I had the :rotf: at the end.

alright then :cheers:

Showdown in the swamp is going to be fun, you just remember to stick around for it. Especially afterwards. ;)

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm proud that our fanbase is rowdy and rude but can also be incredibly hospitable. You told someone they were and I quote "useless." So please do not lecture me on what is rude and what is not. I have been a fan that yells tigerbait and laughs at an opposing team and I have been a fan that has helped out people wearing opposing colors on gameday. I have had opposing fans be rude to be and be hospitable. Guess what college football is built on those gameday traditions of being jerks to opposing fans it makes it fun and gives it character. There is nothing wrong with it. Should people say they are going to rape someones mother...no but do I care a whole lot, nah b/c it's a bunch of idiots making idle threats. If it had happened to me I would of laughed it off much the same way Tebow did. Why don't you take a lesson from your teams leader who has forgotten the incident.

Amen Brotha

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 12:00 PM

Again, I'm not bitter. Sorry if thats a hard concept for you to follow. I respect LSU's program. After the win, part of me wanted them to run the table and play for the title. Not all LSU fans have been in gracious in victory ... you and Geaux5000 are perfect examples. I'm happy about our team and their future. Florida's freshmen & sophmores gave your Tigers a great game. I'm hoping we see ya'll in Atlanta. :)

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 12:03 PM
alright then :cheers:

Showdown in the swamp is going to be fun, you just remember to stick around for it. Especially afterwards. ;)

I will be around, god I will hate to hear what Gatorbabe and Gatorman come up with if we beat yall, so if we win I may not visit SECF until the year is over.

LSUELOI
10-11-2007, 12:06 PM
check all my posts bub and see who has been gracious and who hasn't. I have been completely gracious in victory. In fact I said I'd vote for Tim Tebow for Heisman. I have only responded rudely b/c of Gators like you. This conversation has b/c pointless b/c we obviously are very far apart on our opinions when it comes to college football. Again click my name and read all my posts the majority show a gracious LSU fan with a few poking fun at the Gator faithful.

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
check all my posts bub and see who has been gracious and who hasn't. I have been completely gracious in victory. In fact I said I'd vote for Tim Tebow for Heisman. I have only responded rudely b/c of Gators like you. This conversation has b/c pointless b/c we obviously are very far apart on our opinions when it comes to college football. Again click my name and read all my posts the majority show a gracious LSU fan with a few poking fun at the Gator faithful.

Did you call me bub? What does that mean?

And what have I said or done that made you respond so rudely?

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 12:10 PM
what's a "bub"? :confused:

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I will be around, god I will hate to hear what Gatorbabe and Gatorman come up with if we beat yall, so if we win I may not visit SECF until the year is over.

Shoot if you can't get along with them, you'd really have trouble over at Gatorsports or Gatory country. They've actually had to tell me to chill out on many occassions. Give them a chance.

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Did you call me bub? What does that mean?

And what have I said or done that made you respond so rudely?

.... as she once again diverts the subject, as she so often does when she realizes she is worng. Usually is something more along the lines of corecting someone's grammar or spelling. And I have read LSUELOI's last post about 5 times now looking for this "rude response." Its not jumping out at me. :banghead:

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
.... as she once again diverts the subject, as she so often does when she realizes she is worng. Usually is something more along the lines of corecting someone's grammar or spelling. And I have read LSUELOI's last post about 5 times now looking for this "rude response." Its not jumping out at me. :banghead:

What subject should we be on? The only one you want to talk about right? Our "mediocre" team and whiny fans? What am I wrong about?

LSUELOI is the one who wrote he responded rudely to me ... I'm just asking him what I did to make him respond like that?

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Calling people names is rude.

I still want to know what a "bub" is?

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Shoot if you can't get along with them, you'd really have trouble over at Gatorsports or Gatory country. They've actually had to tell me to chill out on many occassions. Give them a chance.

Its not about getting along with them, its just reading their defensive, whining, homeristic comments and excuses. Heck I am sure I would get along with them in person, it takes ALOT for me to not like someone. If I found a nice looking young lady with a great personality that enjoyed football as much as gatrobabe, I dont care if she IS a Florida fan, my girlfriend may be gettn the hook! :cheers:

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Its not about getting along with them, its just reading their defensive, whining, homeristic comments and excuses. Heck I am sure I would get along with them in person, it takes ALOT for me to not like someone. If I found a nice looking young lady with a great personality that enjoyed football as much as gatrobabe, I dont care if she IS a Florida fan, my girlfriend may be gettn the hook! :cheers:

Well that's nice, but I think the babe is married, so don't go giving anyone the hook. As for homerism, we all do it, including you. I just look at it as passion, and there's nothing wrong with passion, as long as you don't go making threatening phone calls. :rotf:

LSUELOI
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
n. Slang
Used as a term of familiar address, especially for a man or boy: See you around, bub.

This is getting old let's start a new topic that is less polarizing...OJ is innocent and Hillary will be our next president.

LSUELOI
10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I responded rudely b/c I was sick of the conversation plus I hate that commercial. If I ticked you off I didn't intend to I was more just trying to slightly ruffle feathers whilst making a "slightly" humorous "joke." All is forgotten I have eaten and now my blood sugar is at peace with the world.

GatorMan32
10-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Seminole6, I would worry about FSU if I were you. FSU could go 0-4 in November when you all have road games at Florida, VT and BC and have to host Maryland.

Gatorbabe
10-11-2007, 01:26 PM
n. Slang
Used as a term of familiar address, especially for a man or boy: See you around, bub.

This is getting old let's start a new topic that is less polarizing...OJ is innocent and Hillary will be our next president.

So you were calling me a boy/man? :cry: You are so mean.

Seminole6
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Seminole6, I would worry about FSU if I were you. FSU could go 0-4 in November when you all have road games at Florida, VT and BC and have to host Maryland.

That is very possible. Just depends on whether or not we continue to progress or hit a ceiling between now and then. Maryland doesnt worry me so much, but road games @ 3 top 20 teams does. BUT, not saying it is a good possibility because its probably about a 1% chance right now, if we win out, we could very well be in the NC hunt the way the top teams have been dropping like flies. But Im not gonna get into that, because I know as well as everyone else that the chances of that are slim to none.

GatorMan32
10-11-2007, 02:35 PM
If a team could sweep that November schedule it would deserve a NC shot. But the odds of being able to bring what it would take week after week at that level is probably too much to ask.

swampmonster
10-11-2007, 02:36 PM
That is very possible. Just depends on whether or not we continue to progress or hit a ceiling between now and then. Maryland doesnt worry me so much, but road games @ 3 top 20 teams does. BUT, not saying it is a good possibility because its probably about a 1% chance right now, if we win out, we could very well be in the NC hunt the way the top teams have been dropping like flies. But Im not gonna get into that, because I know as well as everyone else that the chances of that are slim to none.

Nice and reasonable. :clap:

FSU is better than they looked to start the year, I'll give you that.

georgiaguy31015
10-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Trash talking comes with college football...that's half the stuff on these threads. It shoudn't ever get personal though.

Good post and I agree.

RedNekTiger
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Unless it is with Rocky. It is OK to get personal with Rocky. :thumb:

LSUELOI
10-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok when i was in highschool there was a tradition of taking our rival teams cannon and filling it with concrete and throwing it in the river. They would dredge the river and eventually get it back. So my question is this...Is it allright to fill up UGA or Smokey with concrete and chunk them in the river. I bet you'd be able to get them back, eventually.

swampmonster
10-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Okay 6,

You lost to unranked wake by 3, we lost to #1 by 4. I guess you're done now.

You reap what you sow. Funny how that works, huh?

bleedorange1983
10-12-2007, 03:19 PM
I don't think anyone will contest that the seminoles are not anywhere close to the team that they used to be.

Seminole6
10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I object!!!

Wait a minute....

No... I dont... :banghead:

swampmonster
10-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I object!!!

Wait a minute....

No... I dont... :banghead:

:rotf: sneaky huh?

georgiaguy31015
10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't think anyone will contest that the seminoles are not anywhere close to the team that they used to be.

Nobody in their right mind could contest that.

socalwildcat
10-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Nobody in their right mind could contest that.

Well, that's clear. Florida State finished #5 or better in the polls for 14 straight years. Never before and never again.

georgiaguy31015
10-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Well, that's clear. Florida State finished #5 or better in the polls for 14 straight years. Never before and never again.

I would agree with that.

BulldawgNation
10-12-2007, 11:16 PM

Playing in the ACC back in those days would make that possible.

socalwildcat
10-12-2007, 11:50 PM

True. Nonetheless, top five for fourteen consecutive years.... You've got to go back to Yale in the early days to find a run like that. FSU has been the greatest CF program of the 90's. (and, I'm glad they're down.. Losing to Louisville started the fall)

georgiaguy31015
10-13-2007, 10:53 AM

That definitely helped but the landscape of college football has changed now and I don't see a conference having just one good team like the ACC did back then. Sure, your lesser conferences like Conference USA might have one good team and the rest be crappy but that one good team will never be ranked in the top 5 for 14 straight years.