Can MSU take down Tennessee? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Can MSU take down Tennessee?

Dawg
10-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Tennessee rolls into Starkville 1:30PM Saturday...can the Bulldogs pull off the upset to stretch their record to 5-2, 2-2?

I am curious as to see what the other SEC fans feel about the game.

GatorMan32
10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Can they? Sure. Clearly anything can happen this year. I hope they do because then when UF takes the field in two weeks it would be with complete control of their destiny.

georgiaguy31015
10-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Sure they can. Anything is possible. I don't bleieve they will though although I hope I'm wrong. UT was a sleeping giant before last Saturday and they may be awake now.

Mr. Tennessee
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah if it does, the seat will get very hot again. Fulmer should try very hard to make sure that doesn't happen the rest of the season.

GDawg88
10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
If they can beat Auburn they can beat Tennessee. That said, it will probably take a few big miscues from the Vols.

KingDawg
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
MSU does have a real live defense, so that should be quite a change for the Vol players on offense this week. Still, I think they'll get the job done...

Dollar Theater
10-08-2007, 03:09 PM
I think they can, but will fall in a close game. It's not coming on TV is it?

Tennessee
10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
CAP'N, I just knew you were going to pick MSU in a blowout :rotf:

This game is not a big game for Fulmer unless he loses it...We lose, that seat is probably hotter than it was before GUA...If we come out strong, like we CAN (but don't always do), I think we have the potential to win big...We come out slow, we better watch out

Seminole6
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I am generally a UT hater, but I have quite a bit of money on the Vols this weekend. I think they roll by double digits...

OffThePorch
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
We will have to play our best and UT not play well to win. UT is a little more talented deeper than we are at this point. i predict UT in a close game. hope we pull the upset. go DOGS!

BulldawgNation
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Nope the Vols will win this one easy.

bleedorange1983
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
UT will focus on slowing Dixon and Ducre to make MSU's passing game beat them....it won't. Tennessee wins by three scores at MSU. Go Vols!!!!

RedNekTiger
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
MSU is turning into a solid team, UT had better not be looking ahead.

GoBigO
10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
This has "TRAP GAME" written all over it.

Sandwiched between UGA and Bammer this is one that I have been worried about all season.

Djshockley3
10-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Miss St will keep it really close for 3 quarters. Then UT's depth will kick in, UT will roll in the 2nd half.

At the end of the 3rd quarter: Miss St 13 UT 10

End of the game score: UT 24 Miss St 13

Mr. Tennessee
10-13-2007, 03:26 PM
That seat is getting hot again. Miss St up 14-7.

georgiaguy31015
10-13-2007, 03:40 PM
That seat is getting hot again. Miss St up 14-7.

It ain't over. I guarantee you that Tennessee will win this game.

Mr. Tennessee
10-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Well I hope so.

georgiaguy31015
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Well I hope so.

Guarantee it.

msudawgs1964
10-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Guarantee it.

didn't you also guarantee that Auburn would beat us? :)

only things guaranteed in life are taxes and death.

bleedorange1983
10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
looks like coach croom is the one who needed to "stack the box". Tennessee 211 rushing yards. I love it when coaches eat their words.!!!

bleedorange1983
10-13-2007, 06:05 PM
looks like coach croom is the one who needed to "stack the box". Tennessee 211 rushing yards. I love it when coaches eat their words.!!!

OffThePorch
10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
UT has the best offense we've seen yet. We are improved, but still need a little more to beat the big SEC teams like UT. good luck! to UT the rest of the way.

Cap'n
10-13-2007, 07:55 PM
CAP'N, I just knew you were going to pick MSU in a blowout :rotf:

This game is not a big game for Fulmer unless he loses it...We lose, that seat is probably hotter than it was before GUA...If we come out strong, like we CAN (but don't always do), I think we have the potential to win big...We come out slow, we better watch out
I think I was right. :)

Dawg
10-13-2007, 09:12 PM
You were right? This game was not even CLOSE to a blowout, my friend. Anyone who saw the game would say the same thing...State played excellently.

Cap'n
10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
You were right? This game was not even CLOSE to a blowout, my friend. Anyone who saw the game would say the same thing...State played excellently.
I knew someone would say that and I'm sure it wasn't, but it ended up being a 12 point win for the Vols.

And I can't wait until ole 1964 makes it back online. Lord help us.

georgiaguy31015
10-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Congrats on the win UT.

msudawgs1964
10-14-2007, 02:06 AM
I knew someone would say that and I'm sure it wasn't, but it ended up being a 12 point win for the Vols.

And I can't wait until ole 1964 makes it back online. Lord help us.

:rotf:

BTW, Ole Miss played quite well today, should have won that one.

As for our game, who cares if someone on here said we would get blown out. Predicting college football games and scores certainly ain't their job otherwise most on here would be starving, hell why do you think Corso has a full time job selling pencils?

We played well but UT has an offensive front line that can wear a defensive line smack the hell out and they did that in the second half.

Dawg
10-14-2007, 12:37 PM
The game was the best football game I've seen State play in over six years.

Elvis
10-14-2007, 01:05 PM
UT has the best offense we've seen yet. We are improved, but still need a little more to beat the big SEC teams like UT. good luck! to UT the rest of the way.

fwiw, Croom and Brooks are the only real candidates for COY in the SEC.

Y'all are going to be a force in another year or two.

Cap'n
10-14-2007, 01:07 PM
fwiw, Croom and Brooks are the only real candidates for COY in the SEC.

Y'all are going to be a force in another year or two.
I think Brooks pretty much wrapped it up last night.

georgiaguy31015
10-14-2007, 01:09 PM

I would agree with that. It's Brooks' to lose now.

Elvis
10-14-2007, 01:09 PM

Probably will get it and deservedly so. It is just that, imo, Croom deserves some props. He is doing wonders with a program on probation and was beyond abysmal a few years ago.

Cap'n
10-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Probably will get it and deservedly so. It is just that, imo, Croom deserves some props. He is doing wonders with a program on probation and was beyond abysmal a few years ago.
I'm failing to see the wonders.

Elvis
10-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm failing to see the wonders.

Ok. I guess you'd rather have moral victories and Orgeron I guess. To each their own. :cheers:

Croom's got 4 wins halfway through the season. That's 3 more than they usually get the entire season. They beat a legit top 25 team. Their players are better. If you don't like 'em fine. I can understand that, but the fact is they're much better than they used to be.

Cap'n
10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok. I guess you'd rather have moral victories and Orgeron I guess. To each their own. :cheers:
Just prove your point mngvol. Taking shots at Ole Miss and O isn't proving anything.

Where are the wonders?

Elvis
10-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Just prove your point mngvol. Taking shots at Ole Miss and O isn't proving anything.

Where are the wonders?

I included it. OF course, pointing out Ole Miss' irrelevancy demonstrates your bias against MS. State. I would have sour grapes too if Orgeron was my coach instead of Croom.

Cap'n
10-14-2007, 01:28 PM

Croom's got 4 wins halfway through the season. That's 3 more than they usually get the entire season. They beat a legit top 25 team. Their players are better. If you don't like 'em fine. I can understand that, but the fact is they're much better than they used to be.
No it's not. They usually beat the UAB's, Gardner-Webb's, and Tulane's of the world. They are one win better just because they beat Auburn. They most likely won't win another game until the Egg Bowl and even that isn't a given.

Cap'n
10-14-2007, 01:29 PM
I included it. OF course, pointing out Ole Miss' irrelevancy demonstrates your bias against MS. State. I would have sour grapes too if Orgeron was my coach instead of Croom.
Please not you to.

msudawgs1964
10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
No it's not. They usually beat the UAB's, Gardner-Webb's, and Tulane's of the world. They are one win better just because they beat Auburn. They most likely won't win another game until the Egg Bowl and even that isn't a given.

is this some new fuzzy math you picked up?

How is it one win better? 4-3 versus 2-5

Why must you do this every weekend, you know act like an *******? Really Cap'n why do you feel the need to downgrade any success we may be having right now regardless of who we won against? Just answer the damn question this time instead of skirting around it. I mean why do you feel the need to put your negative two cents in on a topic clearly about State when you are like a broken record saying the same thing every weekend?

georgiaguy31015
10-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I think MSU is better this year than in years past and I think Croom might be turning this thing around slowly but surely if they give him enough time.

Dawg
10-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Thankyou to all fans of the SEC in your support of the Bulldogs...it's great to see such a hard-working, honest coach working positivity into a program that hasn't seen any in a long time.

GoBigO
10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Thankyou to all fans of the SEC in your support of the Bulldogs...it's great to see such a hard-working, honest coach working positivity into a program that hasn't seen any in a long time.

:cheers: Cheers to you Dawg!

Coach Croom has that program in the right direction. I was at the game and I can tell that those kids play hard for him (except for the one guy before halftime where he got the kickoff and fell to the ground like he was shot...LOL). Anyways, he inherited a program in shambles and is making the turn. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season!

rstew3
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
If Croom was the Coach at any other SEC school, he would already have a conference title. I don't think anyone gets more out of his team than he does. He has had his work cut out for him trying to get kids to come to school in Starkville. It's not exactly the town that shouts excitement for these younger guys. The good part is that the kids he has, really want to lay it out there for State.

I hope State will keep him around for a while and see what he can do.