Ole Miss Gets BIG Commitment [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss Gets BIG Commitment

kentubbybasketball
10-02-2007, 06:07 PM
They got Terrance Henry to commit. He's a guy that was on Kentucky's radar. And, some of the SEC schools wanted him. He's #60 in the class of 2008. This is part of the reason I think Kennedy is headed toward having the West's benchmark program in the next few years. He's a better coach than some even with a talent disadvantage... what happens when he closes that disadvantage and the talent is even?

kentubbybasketball
10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Kennedy also picked a PG... he's a rich man's Todd Abernethy.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=686244

georgiaguy31015
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Congrats Ole Miss.

rebelnut
10-02-2007, 07:15 PM
NICE!! AK is going to do good things at OM.

kentubbybasketball
10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
HE sure will. I really think Andy Kennedy is setting Ole Miss up nicely. It's hard to recruit that kind of talent to Ole Miss from what I understand, and he's really busting his gut. He can get it done with "lesser players" as we saw with his depleted roster in his interim year at Cincy. This guy is a keeper. One of the few current SEC coaches that I would take as UK coach.

MSU159
10-03-2007, 12:55 AM
nice class but still 2nd in the state

kentubbybasketball
10-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Southern Miss could have a breakout year with Jeremy Wise, but they're not good enough to be considered first in the state. LOL.

In all seriousness, I think Ole Miss is headed toward being first in the West in the years to come, which would make them first in the state. AK won the West last year with what was handed to him. Now, he's getting recruits that other big time schools wanted. The only thing that will stop Kennedy from winning the West again over the next 2-3 years will be if he chooses to leave IMO.

statesboroblues
10-03-2007, 11:05 AM
...The only thing that will stop Kennedy from winning the West again over the next 2-3 years will be if he chooses to leave IMO.

Would have to disagree with that. The thing that will stop Kennedy in the next 2-3 years will be Bama, Ark, and MSU.

"Eat a Peach"

kentubbybasketball
10-03-2007, 11:44 AM
IMO, Arkansas with John Pelphrey is likely set for the future as well, so no argument with that at all. But, to me, Kennedy is a better coach than both Gottfried and Stansbury... or he at least outcoached both of them last year, because he finished as well if not better than both of them with far lesser talent... far lesser talent. With his talent upgrade, the talent will be more even between Ole Miss with Bama and MSU, and with him being a superior coach, I think Ole Miss is well set.

The thing about Bama and MSU is that both have consistently been around the top of the West for the most part over the past 5 seasons, but just like LSU, from year to year you never know what you'll get out of Bama and MSU. Ole Miss with better talent is scary IMO, because AK could coach a rock if he had to.

rolling baby
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
what happens when he closes that disadvantage and the talent is even?

Gottfried loses his job?

GatorMan32
10-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Congratulations Ole Miss

statesboroblues
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
The thing about Bama and MSU is that both have consistently been around the top of the West for the most part over the past 5 seasons, but just like LSU, from year to year you never know what you'll get out of Bama and MSU.

The difference between MSU vs Bama & LSU...State has finished at or better in the West than picked preseason in most if not all of those seasons. Some of my fellow State fans on this very board build us up some times but we more times than not finish better than picked in the West. We had a set back a few years ago because of a #'s game(which is part of coaching) but we don't look to have that problem any time soon.

Sorry to get of topic...Nice get for UM and Kennedy.

"Eat a Peach"

Dawg
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Congratulations to the Rebels.

PiggoBitttys
10-03-2007, 07:47 PM
That's a big commit, the Hogs offered this guy and he visited but shortly after chose OM. I do know Henry had a farely long relationship with Kennedy and that definitely put Pelphrey behind the 8 ball so to speak. However, OM got him, congrats! I like Andy Kennedy quite a bit.