Vanderbilt gets another big one [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vanderbilt gets another big one

govandy0620
10-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Lance Goulbourne commited today after his weekend visit. He will join Steve Tcheingang(sp) in the class of 2008. He chose Vanderbilt over Virginia and Marquette and a few others I believe.
This is the only link I've got, I'm sure another won will be coming.

http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/

Stallings continues to do well in recruiting.

XPS
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow, its great to see this for Vandy and Stallings. Well deserved.

GatorMan32
10-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Congratulations! The SEC East is going to be ridiculous for years to come as Vandy and UGA continue to get tougher to go with UF, UK and UT.

GAMECOCKBOY
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Congratulations! The SEC East is going to be ridiculous for years to come as Vandy and UGA continue to get tougher to go with UF, UK and UT.
i notice u didn't say anything about SOUTH CAROLINA and i like that disrespect...u over look us and u will get spured...

govandy0620
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM

LOL you mean UK and UGA continue to get tougher to go with VU, UF, and UT.

govandy0620
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
i notice u didn't say anything about SOUTH CAROLINA and i like that disrespect...u over look us and u will get spured...

USC hasn't shown anything the past few years...there was no disrepect is his post. just the honest truth.

govandy0620
10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
http://njmg.typepad.com/zagsblog/2007/10/goulbourne-to-v.html#more

XPS
10-01-2007, 08:09 PM
LOL you mean UK and UGA continue to get tougher to go with VU, UF, and UT.

UK hasn't been out of the loop as long as you think;)

Lets remember that getting highly ranked players is great, but different expectations come with that as well...

VanderbiltPride
10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Stallings did a great job. The SEC East is going to be ridiculous.

GatorMan32
10-01-2007, 08:28 PM
USC hasn't shown anything the past few years...there was no disrepect is his post. just the honest truth.

thanks bro. appreciate it. i am not disrespcting South Carolina but they have to show progress before they get mentioned. when they do, i will give them credit for it.

VanderbiltPride
10-01-2007, 08:35 PM
The SEC may be emerging as the best basketball conference. Its already tops in football and baseball.

GAMECOCKBOY
10-01-2007, 08:49 PM
thanks bro. appreciate it. i am not disrespcting South Carolina but they have to show progress before they get mentioned. when they do, i will give them credit for it.

u didn't say our name before we didn't do something.,..so don't say it when we do do something...

GAMECOCKBOY
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM

congrads u made it to the ncaa tourney last year...wow that was one year...now all of a sudden u r kentucky now...

VanderbiltPride
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
now all of a sudden u r kentucky now...

Vanderbilt has three 20-win seasons in the last four years (incl. two Sweet 16s). The prospects + future look good for us. The SEC-East will be brutal.

govandy0620
10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
congrads u made it to the ncaa tourney last year...wow that was one year...now all of a sudden u r kentucky now...

You are hard to agree with..let alone have a friendly conversation with. I didn't call us Kentucky, I just commented on how we have been slightly above them in the past 2 years or so.

Basketball is not USC sport to be bragging about right now. I respect your love for your team, but I'm not on the football board saying Vandy is going to win the SEC East. Sometimes you just have to know when to admit to defeat.

Vandy has some great momentum right now. We have the reigning SEC POY and another candidate for it this year in Shan Foster. Our incoming freshmen look
very promising as well as our 2008 class.

GAMECOCKBOY
10-01-2007, 09:06 PM
You are hard to agree with..let alone have a friendly conversation with. I didn't call us Kentucky, I just commented on how we have been slightly above them in the past 2 years or so.

Basketball is not USC sport to be bragging about right now. I respect your love for your team, but I'm not on the football board saying Vandy is going to win the SEC East. Sometimes you just have to know when to admit to defeat.

Vandy has some great momentum right now. We have the reigning SEC POY and another candidate for it this year in Shan Foster. Our incoming freshmen look
very promising as well as our 2008 class.
i am on the football,basketball and baseball threads and that won't change...when i see someone not respecting my team i will call u out...that is just how i am and will always be...

govandy0620
10-01-2007, 09:31 PM
i am on the football,basketball and baseball threads and that won't change...when i see someone not respecting my team i will call u out...that is just how i am and will always be...

lol ok if you don't get this I will just stop...but, no one is disrespecting anyone. USC just isn't a force to be reckoned with in college basketball right now.

georgiaguy31015
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Congrats Vandy.

rolling baby
10-02-2007, 10:04 AM
congrats!!!!

VandyChuck
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Nice blog about the Goulbourne commitment from the legendary Dick "Hoops" Weiss...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/

statesboroblues
10-02-2007, 12:40 PM
u didn't say our name before we didn't do something.,..so don't say it when we do do something...

"...before we didn't do something..."---"...when we do do something..."
Sorry, but...what?

"Eat a Peach"

kentubbybasketball
10-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Good pickup for Vandy, but I do have to agree with XPS that Kentucky hasn't really been out of the loop for too long. Kentucky just won the SEC in 2005. Two years of beating Kentucky and getting to one NCAAT in a three year span doesn't mean Vandy > Kentucky. If that's all that it takes, Kentucky is so far ahead of Vandy that Vandy will never catch up.

Great pickup nonetheless. Stallings has really turned this class into a class that will drastically increase Vandy's talent level. It'll be interesting to see what kind of style Vandy plays over the next few years. It's good to know that Stallings is capitalizing on his Sweet 16 season right now, because if you can't capitalize on that, you're in trouble.