Colton Iverson to Minnesota [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Colton Iverson to Minnesota

GatorMan32
09-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Heard Iverson is going to Minnesota. Nice get for Tubby. Think this is a nice indication of how our class is going to end too.

kentubbybasketball
09-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Tubby, Tubby, Tubby, Tubby, Tubby. My Golden Gophers are getting it done in recruiting.

I think Iverson was down to Minnesota or Florida, right. You can't get wrong it wrong with either of those choices. Great pickup for Tubby, who has always been a great recruiter... maybe his assistants didn't get it done like they should. Gillispie was a bit interested here too, so it says something about Minnesota.

Iverson is a great pickup for our guys. If you're last name is Iverson you can play basketball. LOL, jk

This is a great day for Minnesota basketball. This could be a guy that gets us to the NCAAT down the road.

GM32, somehow this transaction made it past me. Thanks for posting it though. You knew I'd like it, huh?

XPS
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Congrats to Tubby and Minnesota, its odd though, because Rivals has him at 6-9 240 and scout has him at 6-10 210, both has him as a three star...

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=3233988

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68223&sport=2

XPS
09-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Having got Carter and Iverson, i wonder what that does to Sampson?

kentubbybasketball
09-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Why would it be a problem. Carter is 6'8 and could shift to the 3 if need be probably. Iverson and Sampson could play either the 4 or 5 (Gillispie told Sampson he thinks Sampson is a face up 4, but at his size he could play either). Great players aren't that afraid to go and play with other great players, as they were even 5 years ago.

XPS
09-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Why would it be a problem. Carter is 6'8 and could shift to the 3 if need be probably. Iverson and Sampson could play either the 4 or 5 (Gillispie told Sampson he thinks Sampson is a face up 4, but at his size he could play either). Great players aren't that afraid to go and play with other great players, as they were even 5 years ago.

It matters more than you think...

GatorMan32
09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
From everything I hear our class is done even though the last member has not gone public yet. He is fully expected to and sooner than later. I don't know that Iverson would not pick Tubby anyway because I heard he liked him a lot all the way and liked staying closer to home. But as far as who he came down to not entirely sure.

And yeah, I figured you would be happy for Tubby. I imagine most UK fans are because even if they wanted change, doubt anyone holds a grudge against the man. He is a good guy.

joehogjoe
09-20-2007, 06:16 PM
sorry but who gives a flying ****, its big ten basketball, tubby is not in the SEC, sorry but thats the reality.

GatorMan32
09-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Joe, you gotta learn to speak your mind and not hold stuff in so much ;)

joehogjoe
09-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Joe, you gotta learn to speak your mind and not hold stuff in so much ;)

you know me, Im blunt, but honest, I know that KT loves tubby, and he's a hell of a coach, but he doesn't hold much interest to the rest of the SEC anymore.

GatorMan32
09-20-2007, 07:26 PM
i respect that you speak your mind, was just messing with you some

kentubbybasketball
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
From everything I hear our class is done even though the last member has not gone public yet. He is fully expected to and sooner than later. I don't know that Iverson would not pick Tubby anyway because I heard he liked him a lot all the way and liked staying closer to home. But as far as who he came down to not entirely sure.

And yeah, I figured you would be happy for Tubby. I imagine most UK fans are because even if they wanted change, doubt anyone holds a grudge against the man. He is a good guy.

Yeah, GM32, this is a huge feather in Tubby's cap. There's no doubt in my mind that we don't sign Iverson at Minnesota without Tubby. Saul Smith says that Tubby's name is getting them in the door on recruits quite a bit.

Joe, I respect what you have to say a lot. I think part of the reason GM32 made this thread too was because it was believed that Iverson was a backup option for them. Since he's going elsewhere it could say something about Florida's class.

But, Joe, do you really think I like Tubby... let alone love him? I actually can't stand the man. ... I suppose I need to stop lying, LOL.

This is a great day for basketball. I just guess whether we agree or not, Tubby Smith is gonna get a lot of attention with SEC basketball, whether he's in the league or not.

XPS
09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
But as far as who he came down to not entirely sure.

Minn and Nebraska

kentubbybasketball
09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Iowa and Iowa State were involved too. What it all boils down to is that Tubby went down to Yankton to visit Iverson, and he closed the deal. Simple as that.

georgiaguy31015
09-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Congrats to Tubby.

kentubbybasketball
09-22-2007, 06:58 PM
IVerson picked a great coach here. Tubby is the only coach (I repeat THE ONLY COACH) in the entire world to win a game in each of the past ten NCAATs. Only 3 others have been to each of the last ten tourneys (Roy, Coach K, and Lute Olson)... but each of those three has lost in the first round. Tubby is excellent, and has even beaten Roy and Coach K in the NCAAT in that same stretch. That speaks volumes about Tubby Smith, and I see why any player would want to play for Tubby. I'd play for Tubby Smith in a split second. I know I'll win in the NCAAT.