Darius Miller Commits To KENTUCKY [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Darius Miller Commits To KENTUCKY

MissKitty
09-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Hell yeah babee.

Rocky@theTop
09-07-2007, 09:17 AM
About as surprising as Steele going to Bama.

Nice pickup.

GatorMan32
09-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Congratulations UK. Great player and seems like a good kid too.

XPS
09-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Solid pickup for the Cats...

weegeman
09-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Billy G keeps draggin' 'em in.:cheers: :clap: :clap:

UA37
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM
who is this guy? what position? rank? etc.

weegeman
09-07-2007, 11:17 AM
6'6" small forward out of Maysville, KY Rivals has him listed as the 7th best small forward and he's in the top 50 overall I think. He's a 4 Star.

Rocky@theTop
09-07-2007, 11:28 AM
He was a freshman on the same HS team when Chris Lofton was a senior.

XPS
09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
who is this guy? what position? rank? etc.

http://kentucky.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=49898

Its nice to keep the Kentucky players at home, Miller should be a good one, now Billy G need to reel in some bigmen and UK will be set...

leland7
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Very good player.

kentubbybasketball
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I love my coach. Gillispie flat gets the job done. Interesting that Illinois thought to be our biggest competitor for Miller, so Gillispie goes out and hires Illinois' main recruiter for Miller... smart, savvy. I'm not sure Gillispie and Weber's friendship is as strong as it once was, but it's great to get Miller.

This certainly puts some positive momentum back in the direction of Kentucky recruiting. One committ, usually leads to 2 or 3 more sometimes. Miller was the most important get for Gillispie (post Patrick Patterson). Good to see that he delivered here.

kentubbybasketball
09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
This sets up an interesting Mr. Basketball debate BTW. I mean, Scotty Hopson probably is more talented and certainly more flashy, but Miller is more fundamentally sound especially defensively and he's playing for the homestate school. It'll be interesting to see how that vote plays out.

This is a program building guy. He's a lot like Jodie Meeks, not only in being ranked around 35 but by the way he carries himself well above most players in college basketball. Excellent pickup!

XPS
09-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I love my coach. Gillispie flat gets the job done. Interesting that Illinois thought to be our biggest competitor for Miller, so Gillispie goes out and hires Illinois' main recruiter for Miller... smart, savvy. I'm not sure Gillispie and Weber's friendship is as strong as it once was, but it's great to get Miller.

This certainly puts some positive momentum back in the direction of Kentucky recruiting. One committ, usually leads to 2 or 3 more sometimes. Miller was the most important get for Gillispie (post Patrick Patterson). Good to see that he delivered here.

Nice post KT...:cheers:

kentubbybasketball
09-07-2007, 03:40 PM
This is one guy that I will say... had we still been led by Tubby (nothing wrong with that) I doubt we would have locked up Miller.

GR8NESS
09-07-2007, 04:43 PM
This sets up an interesting Mr. Basketball debate BTW. I mean, Scotty Hopson probably is more talented and certainly more flashy, but Miller is more fundamentally sound especially defensively and he's playing for the homestate school. It'll be interesting to see how that vote plays out.

This is a program building guy. He's a lot like Jodie Meeks, not only in being ranked around 35 but by the way he carries himself well above most players in college basketball. Excellent pickup!

Guarantee you DM gets extra votes because he's going to UK.

Was Meeks ranked around 35? I thought he was a mid 70's guy, which is still great....but his recruitment was right before I started following online, so I can't really remember.....

statesboroblues
09-07-2007, 05:34 PM

Does Jodie's last name suit Miller just like it does his own?
http://www.jodiemeeks.net

Sorry, couldn't let it go.

"Eat a Peach"

georgiaguy31015
09-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Congrats UK.

MSUado
09-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Does Jodie's last name suit Miller just like it does his own?
http://www.jodiemeeks.net

Sorry, couldn't let it go.

"Eat a Peach"

Are there any other SEC players with websites. This guy must be a little full of himself.

MissKitty
09-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Are there any other SEC players with websites. This guy must be a little full of himself.

Does this sound like a kid that's full of himself?

4) Do you hope to start this year?

Answer: Of course if that is what our team needs. I felt I contributed last year and I hope to continue to do that. A better question would be, what do you think it will take to win this year. I believe that we have to play as a team the whole season. I really get along well with the guys. My dad called the other night and asked what all the noise was in my room. He asked if Derrick my roommate was making all the noise. I told him it was Joe who spends quite a bit of time with us including taking his calls in my room :) We all get along very well. I know this will help us when the games get tight.

http://www.jodiemeeks.net/ssp/journal

kentubbybasketball
09-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Guarantee you DM gets extra votes because he's going to UK.

Was Meeks ranked around 35? I thought he was a mid 70's guy, which is still great....but his recruitment was right before I started following online, so I can't really remember.....

Jodie was #38 and Derrick Jasper was #39 by Rivals. Jodie was a top 40 player too.

And, I love how people say Jodie is arrogant because he has a website. That website is there for UK fans to keep up with what he's doing. What's wrong with that? Patrick Sparks and Jamal Magloire had websites too. Isn't this a free country?

All I know is the minute an MSU player figures out how to use the internet and they get a website of their own, then it'll be okay to do such a thing.

And, Jodie had this website before he even committed to Kentucky. It's not about him being at Kentucky and being big-headed... honestly people with far less credentials are probably more arrogant.

kentubbybasketball
09-08-2007, 10:37 AM
As for Jodie and Joe getting along, other than Jujuan and Chris at UT (and that's questionable still), I'm not sure if we've got the best two guards in the conference on one singular team. Joe got some criticism for not passing to Jodie in the Vandy game at Vandy, so I'm glad Joe and Jodie are getting along.

XPS
09-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Its his right to have his own website, I won't judge him or any other player that chooses to do that...

Rocky@theTop
09-09-2007, 12:34 PM
As for Jodie and Joe getting along, other than Jujuan and Chris at UT (and that's questionable still), I'm not sure if we've got the best two guards in the conference on one singular team. Joe got some criticism for not passing to Jodie in the Vandy game at Vandy, so I'm glad Joe and Jodie are getting along.

Jealousy wreaks!

kentubbybasketball
09-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Rocky, forgive my ignorance, but jealous of what?

Rocky@theTop
09-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Rocky, forgive my ignorance, but jealous of what?

I'll forgive your ignorance, but you're a big boy, you figure it out.

kentubbybasketball
09-09-2007, 09:41 PM
I mean, if I were jealous of UT basketball, it would certainly be the Lady Vols, but I consider the Lady Vols to be my women's basketball team anyway.

Rocky@theTop
09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
I mean, if I were jealous of UT basketball, it would certainly be the Lady Vols, but I consider the Lady Vols to be my women's basketball team anyway.

& let me guess...

the Yankees are your baseball team?

the Celtics are your pro basketball team?

the Cowboys are your football team?

My point is your dig at the UT guards is nothing but jealousy... that was your dig... at the guards... not UT basketball.

kentubbybasketball
09-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Whatever you say Rocky. I felt like I set the UT shooting guard tandem apart from all others in the conference other than Jodie Meeks and Joe Crawford. If my main intention was to take a dig at them I think I'd be a little less subtle... maybe that's just me. I think Joe Crawford outscored Lofton last time head to head and both had good games at Rupp.

Anyway, congrats on having a great guard tandem at UT... that was my point. Stop overanalyzing my post... I can assure you that post and most of mine don't deserve that much respect, Rocky. Your respect though is appreciated.

MSUado
09-09-2007, 10:00 PM
All I know is the minute an MSU player figures out how to use the internet and they get a website of their own, then it'll be okay to do such a thing.

You are extremely immature.

kentubbybasketball
09-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Likewise, it's immature to suggest anyone is cocky or whatever word you guys used just because somebody has a website of their own. Rosie O'Donnell has a website... Rick Pitino has a website... Tubby Smith? Are they all arrogant? I've met a lot of arrogant people who don't have websites as a matter of fact.

MSUado
09-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Likewise, it's immature to suggest anyone is cocky or whatever word you guys used just because somebody has a website of their own. Rosie O'Donnell has a website... Rick Pitino has a website... Tubby Smith? Are they all arrogant? I've met a lot of arrogant people who don't have websites as a matter of fact.

Rosie O'Donnell? Do you go to this site often?:witch:

I realize that wasn't really mature.

statesboroblues
09-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Jodie was #38 and Derrick Jasper was #39 by Rivals. Jodie was a top 40 player too.

And, I love how people say Jodie is arrogant because he has a website. That website is there for UK fans to keep up with what he's doing. What's wrong with that? Patrick Sparks and Jamal Magloire had websites too. Isn't this a free country?

And, Jodie had this website before he even committed to Kentucky. It's not about him being at Kentucky and being big-headed... honestly people with far less credentials are probably more arrogant.

Ktubby...I could care less about the web-site. Considering State has a higher graduation rate than every school in the SEC but Vandy since Stans has been the coach...Well, I am sure you get the picture.
The only reason that web-site was brought up was because of you talking about how Meeks last name suits him perfect "meek" and someone showed you the web-site a few posts later. If someone was "meek" they would not have a web-site that lists every accomplishment they have ever had.
Not really a big deal...just taking a shot at you in fun and it gets taken overboard.

"Eat a Peach"

kentubbybasketball
09-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Keep up, man. The whole comment about Meeks being meekly was a few months ago, and I'm sure Chuck doesn't even remember the exchange (he's the one that showed the website originally). Meeks' site makes him accessible, which being part of the #1 media-generating program in the nation comes with the terriroty I suppose. It is what it is... and this thread is what it is. About Darius Miller. I'm glad we can add a guy like Miller to another program changer like Meeks and Patterson.

As for MSU's academics, I won't go down that road, seeing as how we have people here that go there. (LOL).

Rocky@theTop
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Keep up, man. The whole comment about Meeks being meekly was a few months ago, and I'm sure Chuck doesn't even remember the exchange (he's the one that showed the website originally). Meeks' site makes him accessible, which being part of the #1 media-generating program in the nation comes with the terriroty I suppose. It is what it is... and this thread is what it is. About Darius Miller. I'm glad we can add a guy like Miller to another program changer like Meeks and Patterson.

As for MSU's academics, I won't go down that road, seeing as how we have people here that go there. (LOL).

Until I saw this... I didn't realize UK basketball was a big deal.

kentubbybasketball
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, all I can say is consider yourself educated.

statesboroblues
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM

I know it was a few months ago...that is why it was a joke, nothing more...nothing less.
As for as some people on here that go to MSU...considering they probably don't major in anything related to Basketball or even sports, does it really make a difference.
Are you not the Math major that talked about some %'age is = to a higher %'age in Tubby's system.
I would love to see that equation...

"Eat a Peach"

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I sure did say that, and it's true. When Jodie Meeks ups his percentage this year under Gillispie's system, you'll see it... or knowing you, maybe not.

Anyway, I'm glad we have Darius Miller. Now we've got to secure that Rotnei Clarke commitment hopefully this week.

MSUado
09-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I sure did say that, and it's true. When Jodie Meeks ups his percentage this year under Gillispie's system, you'll see it... or knowing you, maybe not.
A lot of players are able to improve their shooting percentages from year to year if they work on their shot.

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Exactly, but right now we're not talking about "a lot of players." We're talking about Jodie Meeks but should be talking about Darius Miller.

That's the last thing about Jodie Meeks in this thread. Keep it on track.

Rocky@theTop
09-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm really to add a Jodie Meeks forum for Kentubby.

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Do it. That's fine by me. Somebody's gotta be in every single one of my posts since Tubby's gone now. Why not.

MSUado
09-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Do it. That's fine by me. Somebody's gotta be in every single one of my posts since Tubby's gone now. Why not.

I heard that Jodie Meeks started his own discussion board.

Jodiemeeksfanatics.com

All jodie all the time.

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Darius Miller and Scotty Hopson's teams will be playing each other later this year. WHomever gets the better end will probably get a leg up in Mr. Basketball consideration... with all due respect to Bud Mackey, who is actually the reigning state champ. Miller is 6'6, while Hopson is 6'5, but I think Miller plays 5 for his team and Hopson is more closer to his natural spot... so they might not check each other. But, that's still a big time matchup.

statesboroblues
09-13-2007, 07:49 AM

Sorry, but that is just plain...Right next to the first time you posted 35% in Tubby's system might as well be 38 or 39% in someone else's. If Meeks ups his %age it will be because he has improved his shot...period. Most know this...you, maybe not.
Still waiting on that equation...

"Eat a Peach"

PiggoBitttys
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Congrats on Darius Miller.

I think it's going to come down to UK or ARK for Rotnei Clarke. He just said in an article the other day he has no timetable for his decision, I know obviously that doesn't rule out that he could decide in a week, but it's probably not real likely.

I know Pelphrey has spent a lot of time with Clarke and has an in-home this Friday actually. He is possibly visiting next weekend on an official, though it's not set in stone yet. He's been to the campus many times already. Rotnei's grandmother lives in Fayetteville as well, probably not a big deal but can't hurt. The Hogs are also losing a lot of players next year including guards like Ervin and Weems, even Beverley could go pro if he had a good enough year, so the playing time situation should be pretty good for him. We shall see.

kentubbybasketball
09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
It will be interesting. He did visit the Zags this past weekend, and Oral Roberts has the trump card with his dad working there. I really think this is our guy to lose though, because he just fell in love with Kentucky on his first visit, but we've secured him for our Midnight Madness. Everybody else is gonna have to be as impressive.

Good luck with this one though.

PiggoBitttys
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Yea, the midnight madness thing has me a bit worried. I can't be too confident, Pelphrey is still somewhat unknown recruiting wise. Clarke visited the Zags but that's a long ways from home. ORU does have his dad there, but honestly, most kids(don't know if Rotnei is most kids or not, but nonetheless) would still go to one of these great schools instead of a mid-major where your dad is. He'll still see his dad whether he goes to school there or not. I don't see ORU being a factor, IMO, it will be UK or ARK.