26- Kenneth Kadji (Florida)
29- Romero Osby (Miss State)
43- Andrew Steele (Alabama)
46- Rayford Shipman (Florida)
47- Tony Mitchell (Alabama)
75- Allan Chaney (Florida)
85- Philip Jurick (Tennessee)
100- Erving Walker (Florida)

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/espn150?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fespn150

kentubbybasketball
08-30-2007, 11:22 AM
I'm excited about DeAndre Liggins... the book on him is that he's Derrick Jasper with the confidence in his shot. Both are 6'6 and are valuable point guards, but we're so crowded at both backcourt positions so we need a big man, but Gillispie has swung and missed at most of the big players he's targeted. The more times seem to change... they more they stay the same.

GatorMan32
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
With your crowded back court the advantage to Liggins is he can play the 3 between his height and shot. He is going to be really, really good.

By the way, the more I see different rankings, the more it validates that Rivals just will not give Shipman any credit. He is in the 60's on Scout and the 40's on ESPN but Rivals has him in the very bottom of its 150. They seem to be the odd one out and I've seen their analysts comment basically saying they won't reconsider regardless of his play. Nice approach.

kentubbybasketball
08-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Liggins can play the 3, but then where does that leave Ramon Harris and Derrick Jasper? That then crowds the three. What'll happen is IMO Harris, Liggins, and Jasper will all play some 4 in a very athletic, quick, and guard heavy lineup... because each can guard a 4 very well (due to being quicker than a typical 4).

Tubby left us in a tight situation inside and Gillispie hasn't really done anything to solve it yet IMO. For instance, why go after Courtney Fortson... another 6'1 guard?

GatorMan32
08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
What bigs are UK still after in the 2008 class?

kentubbybasketball
08-30-2007, 11:41 AM
It's such a muddled picture right now. I really couldn't tell you other than Terrance Henry and some "mysterious players" have been seen on campus lately (last few weeks), which would imply they are JUCOs since they aren't easily identifiable. Gillispie's really missed the mark on our tier 1 big guys (the guys that we really wanted like Vargas, Zeller and Czyz).

I will say this though Ralph Sampson III is possibly a biggest get... and guess who our biggest rival is for Sampson III........... get this....... Minnesota. I hate to say it, but I hope we beat Tubby for this guy, because we need someone.

GatorMan32
08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Well Tubby could land a couple of good bigs because its UF or Minnesota for Colton Iverson and if things go well for Florida, we could get a commit from Vargas before then. Our tier 1 big prospects were Thompkins, Samuels, Garcia, Kadji and Vargas. Garcia is a disappointment because he apparently stands no chance of qualifying so this time next year he should be Europe bound. If we can get Vargas to go with Chaney and Kadji, IMO UK should make a full court press on Iverson. That guy is a bruiser under the basket.

kentubbybasketball
08-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, Colton Iverson is a diamond in the rough guy, who has just blown up recently... not many people know about him. But, I have heard Kentucky linked to him at various points in time, so he is another option... and apparently Todd Lickliter wants him at Iowa. Being from South Dakota he doesn't get much attention, but that would be a great get for anybody.

Tubby just got a commitment from two guys that are at least 6'8 (one of which is a JUCO). And, Tubby's really been hitting up the JUCOs hard latetly. I'm not sure how reasonable it is to expect a Colton Iverson to Minny commitment though.

As for Gillispie it is frustrating that he's missed on every tier 1 big man that he targeted in this recruiting class. I think many UK fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt, which is fair, but if something doesn't happen soon, UK could be in a similar situation in terms of recruiting with Gillispie as we were with Tubby.

bballpro408
08-30-2007, 01:13 PM
#85 Philip Jurick (Tennessee)

swampmonster
08-30-2007, 01:16 PM
SEC commits:
6- Scotty Hopson (Miss State)
14- JaMychal Green (Alabama)
18- DeAndre Liggins (Kentucky)
22- Howard Thompkins (Georgia)

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/espn150?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fespn150

sweet :thumb:

GatorMan32
08-30-2007, 01:40 PM
#85 Philip Jurick (Tennessee)

Fixed it, sorry bro.

Yeah, Colton Iverson is a diamond in the rough guy, who has just blown up recently... not many people know about him. But, I have heard Kentucky linked to him at various points in time, so he is another option... and apparently Todd Lickliter wants him at Iowa. Being from South Dakota he doesn't get much attention, but that would be a great get for anybody.

Tubby just got a commitment from two guys that are at least 6'8 (one of which is a JUCO). And, Tubby's really been hitting up the JUCOs hard latetly. I'm not sure how reasonable it is to expect a Colton Iverson to Minny commitment though.

As for Gillispie it is frustrating that he's missed on every tier 1 big man that he targeted in this recruiting class. I think many UK fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt, which is fair, but if something doesn't happen soon, UK could be in a similar situation in terms of recruiting with Gillispie as we were with Tubby.

Iverson has UF and Minnesota leading according to UF insiders, so if we do fill up (with Vargas) that definitely leaves Minnesota at least atop alone for now. Will be interesting to see if UK or Iowa can sway that, should it come to that. Iverson is a guy Donovan loves and would happily take as our next guy if we don't get Vargas. Can tell you that much. He is definitely a diamond in the rough. I know UCLA wanted in on him but he wasn't interested in them getting in late in his recruitment.

Dawg
08-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Nice to see Hopson as high as #6. The Mississippi State faithful should be very excited about that young man.

The SEC is pulling in another excellent recruiting class, per the usual.

rolling baby
08-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Man, can Florida get anymore loaded?

GatorMan32
08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
We're doing well, especially if we add Vargas who I think is 27, but you all should be very proud of your class. 3 Top 50 is a great haul and isn't Bama after more?

rolling baby
08-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe one more and I'm thinking it's the kid from Texas (but Kansas is supposedly the leader). If not, then I hope Bama saves what schollies we can for Christian Watford in 2009.

GatorMan32
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Good luck with the last recruit from Texas :)

rolling baby
08-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Good luck with the last recruit from Texas :)

Thanks, buddy. :) Good luck!

XPS
08-30-2007, 04:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice to see Hopson as high as #6. The Mississippi State faithful should be very excited about that young man.

He's a winner for sure...

XPS
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM

Billy G will get some bigmen, at this time we don't lead for any bigmen right now, of course thats to be expected, UK hasn't been to the final 4 since 1998, so Billy G and his staff will need a solid year to get back on track...

Ralph Sampson and J'Mison Morgan come to mind, UK has offered Morgan, but i don't know about Sampson...

rolling baby
08-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Ralph Sampson was a project the last time I heard of him (which was about 3-4 years ago when he was still living in Alabama). He may have matured alot since then.

Morgan is the kid from Texas. His name slipped my mind.

georgiaguy31015
08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
SEC commits:
6- Scotty Hopson (Miss State)
14- JaMychal Green (Alabama)
18- DeAndre Liggins (Kentucky)
22- Howard Thompkins (Georgia)
85- Philip Jurick (Tennessee)

Thanks for the info man and it's good to see Georgia get at least one in there.

kentubbybasketball
08-30-2007, 09:30 PM

Billy G will get some bigmen, at this time we don't lead for any bigmen right now, of course thats to be expected, UK hasn't been to the final 4 since 1998, so Billy G and his staff will need a solid year to get back on track...

Ralph Sampson and J'Mison Morgan come to mind, UK has offered Morgan, but i don't know about Sampson...

And when was the last time Bama and MSU went to the final four? That excuse doesn't fly with me... and don't give me this crap about we've got a new coach. Indiana had a new coach last year that couldn't even recruit off campus and he still got a top 10 class two years in a row. Gillispie just missed out on some big guys... and Morgan himself has publicly stated he probably favors Kansas more... so I'm not sure that's a big option either. Great job trying to cover Gillispie's tracks though.

kentubbybasketball
08-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Ralph Sampson was a project the last time I heard of him (which was about 3-4 years ago when he was still living in Alabama). He may have matured alot since then.

Morgan is the kid from Texas. His name slipped my mind.

Yeah, Kentucky is relegated to settling for a guy that is considered a project by some cuz Gillispie couldn't close the deal on the main targets. It's to be expected I suppose, but Sampson has really improved his stock. It says something when both Tubby and Gillispie want a big man, because both have made hay in that regard.

XPS
08-30-2007, 11:58 PM
Ralph Sampson was a project the last time I heard of him

Well Tubby is recruiting him j/k, He does have a lot of potential, I'm not sure how hard the new coaching staff is recruiting him, at this point, there isn't much left..