Man City 1 - 0 Man U [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Man City 1 - 0 Man U

GR8NESS
08-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Hahaha.

All that money and ManU still can't find the back of the net.

SECgamecock453
08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Nice.

SCfan804
08-19-2007, 08:06 PM
ManU and Arsenal both havent looked good when I watched them. I saw both teams openers, and Arsenal was lucky to pull out some heroics in the final 10 minutes or they would have lost to Portsmouth who is the worst team in the EPL.

SECgamecock453
08-19-2007, 08:17 PM
ManU and Arsenal both havent looked good when I watched them. I saw both teams openers, and Arsenal was lucky to pull out some heroics in the final 10 minutes or they would have lost to Portsmouth who is the worst team in the EPL.

Portsmouth is DEFINITELY not the worst team in the EPL. They were the bottom feeders a couple season ago and rescued themselves from relegation. Ever since they have been pretty darn good. I would say Derby County are the worst, usually the teams that have been promoted are. Sunderland, Derby County, and Birmingham are the newly promoted teams I believe.

GR8NESS
08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I thought maybe Reading was the worst team.
But then they got 3 points Saturday.

SCfan804
08-19-2007, 08:46 PM
oops... Arsenal's first game was against Fulham, not Portsmouth. I watched the Portsmouth/Derby County game right after that one and mixed them up. Still can't believe ManU couldn't muster a goal against Reading though...

GR8NESS
08-19-2007, 08:49 PM
could it be that ManU has a "Yankee" syndrome?

Early season, can't gel right away...too many stars...?

SCfan804
08-19-2007, 08:54 PM
could it be that ManU has a "Yankee" syndrome?

Early season, can't gel right away...too many stars...?

Kinda reminds me of Real Madrid and their "galactico" campaign the last 6 or 7 years. They shelled out money like crazy for every good midfielder in the world, but didn't win ANYTHING over that span b/c they failed to ever address their shoddy defense.

Though I will say that Chelsea has employed the Yankee strategy pretty successfully the last couple years. I suppose all eyes will be on Barcelona now to see which way that team will go...

GR8NESS
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Real finally got their title last year.

Barca, they've been spending more wisely than Real did..and ManU as well..

SCfan804
08-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Real's spendings were just stupid. They already had a rediculous midfield, so instead of buying a defense they bought Beckham. They finally let alot of those guys go and they win La Liga perhaps not so coincidentally. I'm a firm believer that in any sport your role/grit players are absolutely key in having the right chemistry to win championships. It's only natural that a team full of superstars will cause some to become unhappy over playing time or lack of touches b/c everyone thinks they're the best guy out there...

GR8NESS
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah, but the thing with Barcelona is...they've put it together to where if they can use the right formation, (4-3-2-1 IMO) they can have a GREAT GREAT GREAT team...

R. Marquez/Puyol/Zambrotta/Sylvinho
Xavi/Deco/Emdilson (I guess, that one is kind of open)
Ronaldinho/Lionel Messi
Henry

Holy crap...[cue creaming of jeans]

SCfan804
08-19-2007, 09:28 PM
As I've said before, they've set themselves up so that anything less than winning La Liga and at LEAST making Champions League finals has to be categorized as a dissapointment. From a talent perspective, only Chelsea is in the same league right now.