Beck's debuts!!!!!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Beck's debuts!!!!!!!

Storm
08-10-2007, 05:19 AM
came in in the 73rd minute last night, and i'll be honest, the minute he stepped on the pitch, the Galaxy improved 10x's over. They were rushing everything until he came on, and as soon as he was out there, he was running the show. It was awesome.

but the couple of chances they had, they showed Becks scratching his head, you know in his mind he was thinking, "dammit, these Yanks need to learn how to finish."........LOL

GR8NESS
08-10-2007, 01:13 PM
he played on a WC team with peter crouch.
he's used to poor finishes.

REBEL5 AC
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
11!!!!1111!!!1 Omglolwtfbbq!!!!!111!!1111!!!11111!1!!111!!11!

fodive
08-10-2007, 01:22 PM
he played on a WC team with peter crouch.
he's used to poor finishes.

thats what she said.

Storm
08-10-2007, 02:44 PM
I like Crouch personally. If a gangly tall freak can get out there and throw his head on one every 10 minutes, one of them is bound to hit the back of the net.

rolling baby
08-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Can't believe all the isht Saban got for $4 million per year, yet this has been gets paid $50 million and it gets praised........unfugginbelievable.

Storm
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
i don't think people nation wide will be tuning in to watch an Alabama football game. No offense.

fodive
08-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Can't believe all the isht Saban got for $4 million per year, yet this has been gets paid $50 million and it gets praised........unfugginbelievable.

well...

1) he's a player, not a coach - players always get paid more
2) the money he's commanding is in line with major athletic stars
3) he didnt quit his job and lie about not wanting to play in la
4) he didnt lie about not wanting to play in LA
5) he didnt decieve anyone about his intentions
6) this situations arent even remotely comparable in the first place

rolling baby
08-10-2007, 03:30 PM
well...

1) he's a player, not a coach - players always get paid more
2) the money he's commanding is in line with major athletic stars
3) he didnt quit his job and lie about not wanting to play in la
4) he didnt lie about not wanting to play in LA
5) he didnt decieve anyone about his intentions
6) this situations arent even remotely comparable in the first place

1.) The MLS is struggling to make $$$$, Bama football isn't.

2.) Beck is over the hill.

3.) 3-5 are the same damn thing. Try not to be repetitive.

4.) Coaches get paid more than players on average.

5.) The situations are very comparable in comparison of the publicity and timing.

6.) Not a nary of anger was directed towards Bob Petrino ditching Louisville or San Diego firing Marty Shottenheimer.

Go figure.

rolling baby
08-10-2007, 03:31 PM
i don't think people nation wide will be tuning in to watch an Alabama football game. No offense.

More people will be watching Bama games than Beckham and the Galaxy. No offense. 'sides it's not like Michigan is anything to brag on if you want to go there.

REBEL5 AC
08-10-2007, 03:37 PM
Iron Bowl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Some soccer game.

LOL

Wegleagle
08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Some people get excited over the gayest things...

rolling baby
08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
EPL and La Liga is where it's at for soccer.

By the time Grandpa retires, soccer will be in the same place in the u.s. where it was before he set foot in L.A..

GR8NESS
08-10-2007, 03:40 PM
By the time Grandpa retires, soccer will be in the same place in the u.s. where it was before he set foot in L.A..

Nah. It'll be up there soon.

rolling baby
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Up to what level? Japan's? Australia's?

Wegleagle
08-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Nah. It'll be up there soon.

I hope so, but it wont have anything to do with the paris hilton of soccer gracing us with his presence.

rolling baby
08-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Could be worse, we could be Mexico (where Soccer actually matters....lol).

fodive
08-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Iron Bowl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Some soccer game.

LOL

some soccer game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>half naked men on steroids trying to act and pretending to hit eachother

LOL

GR8NESS
08-10-2007, 03:46 PM
some soccer game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>half naked men on steroids trying to act and pretending to hit eachother

LOL

LOL rep.

fodive
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
1.) The MLS is struggling to make $$$$, Bama football isn't.

2.) Beck is over the hill.

3.) 3-5 are the same damn thing. Try not to be repetitive.

4.) Coaches get paid more than players on average.

5.) The situations are very comparable in comparison of the publicity and timing.

6.) Not a nary of anger was directed towards Bob Petrino ditching Louisville or San Diego firing Marty Shottenheimer.

Go figure.

maybe i should have clarified. star athletes get paid more than coaches. They arent comparable when you have one guy who flat out lied about what he was going to do and then did it, and another who left a team who didnt want him anymore and became the biggest soccer athlete to come to america since pele...

and we werent talking about petrino or marty so i dont even know why you'd bring that up

The MLS has actually been very well run and financially stable, especially compared to other soccer leagues that have taken shape in the US. Just because it doesn't have big time TV revenue doesn't mean it is struggling to make money.

SCfan804
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
The MLS is actually doing pretty well... there are 3 groups of multi-billionaires currently fighting to be the owners of a Seattle franchise set to begin play in 2009. San Jose will once again have a team I think next year. DC United is opening a brand new park in the next couple years, as are many other teams. Is it La Liga or the EPL? Hell no... but it's becoming a pretty respectable product that is being managed very well from the corporate level.

Storm
08-11-2007, 06:42 AM
More people will be watching Bama games than Beckham and the Galaxy. No offense. 'sides it's not like Michigan is anything to brag on if you want to go there.

I think Michigan has plenty to brag about, but that's not what we are talking about.

I apologize to anyone who wanted to come into the MLS forum here and not discuss Beckhams debut in the MLS. How silly of me to talk about soccer in the soccer forum.

sour grapes because Saban is dirty snake much?

and for the record, I believe there were a couple threads about Shottenheimer getting fired and how it was cold blooded. But in regards to Petrino, I don't know much about that situation, but i don't remember any press conferances that he called where he said there was no way he was leaving his job for somewhere else.

SCfan804
08-11-2007, 07:47 AM
oh yeah.. and Beckham is still the man. No way you can compare him to Saban. Becks is a genuinly friendly guy who's been humbled at the reaction he's received here. "Genuine" and "humble" are two words that don't belong within a 100 mile radius of Nick Saban.

2008 National Champions
08-12-2007, 12:40 AM

People love Beckham. Everyone hates Saban because he's a scum bag. ;)

rolling baby
08-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Everybody hates Saban b/c he left a footprint on their azzes at one pt. in the past.

Beckham is not a liar? Tell that to wifey when it was revealed that he was doing the nanny.

rolling baby
08-13-2007, 06:23 AM
I think Michigan has plenty to brag about, but that's not what we are talking about.

I apologize to anyone who wanted to come into the MLS forum here and not discuss Beckhams debut in the MLS. How silly of me to talk about soccer in the soccer forum.

sour grapes because Saban is dirty snake much?

and for the record, I believe there were a couple threads about Shottenheimer getting fired and how it was cold blooded. But in regards to Petrino, I don't know much about that situation, but i don't remember any press conferances that he called where he said there was no way he was leaving his job for somewhere else.

What does Michigan have to brag about in football?

Vandy420
08-13-2007, 06:44 AM
Winningest football program ever? I would think that was something to brag about.

Rolling Baby you have no place in this forum b/c you know nothing about soccer or it's players. Beckham is one of the best players in the world. He is not over the hill. He had one of his best years ever last year. You think b/c Bama bought a coach you are automatically top again. Well he isn't Bear Bryant and just b/c you have saban doesn't mean you have any room to talk. The past decade hasn't exactly been Bama's glory years. You'll be lucky to stay off probation another 5 years. Grow up and talk about soccer in the soccer forum, no one cares about Saban.

Figures only a typical Bama fan would bring up their coach in a thread about a soccer player.

MLS is a good league, no not on the level as la liga, EPL or Serie A but not many are. And the MLS teams have beaten and held their own against teams from those leagues.

You just have to be negative about anything you know nothing about.

Storm
08-13-2007, 07:17 AM
thanks for stepping up 420......

RB, don't know what your problem is with Beckham, but in regards to the affair with the nanny, they are suing her for wrongful accusations, and he has refuted her claim of the affair. So maybe you just move on, because you are about the only person that doesn't like Becks......

rolling baby
08-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Winningest football program ever? I would think that was something to brag about.

Rolling Baby you have no place in this forum b/c you know nothing about soccer or it's players. Beckham is one of the best players in the world. He is not over the hill. He had one of his best years ever last year. You think b/c Bama bought a coach you are automatically top again. Well he isn't Bear Bryant and just b/c you have saban doesn't mean you have any room to talk. The past decade hasn't exactly been Bama's glory years. You'll be lucky to stay off probation another 5 years. Grow up and talk about soccer in the soccer forum, no one cares about Saban.

Figures only a typical Bama fan would bring up their coach in a thread about a soccer player.

MLS is a good league, no not on the level as la liga, EPL or Serie A but not many are. And the MLS teams have beaten and held their own against teams from those leagues.

You just have to be negative about anything you know nothing about.

:zipit: you and the mule you rode in on..............

Quit bringing up dead people, you classless :zipit:hole.......... I know more about soccer than your behind will ever know.

Vandy420
08-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Well you sure didn't prove any of that with the post you have made so far.

And I am classless when you are the one cussing at me and calling me names?

rolling baby
08-13-2007, 10:38 AM
You bring up that tired Bear :zipit:, then you have the nerve to say I don't know anything about soccer and have no business in this forum. How condescending of you.

Storm
08-13-2007, 12:22 PM
thanks for closing this Capn, sorry i wasn't around.

thanks for ruining my Beckham thread too.......what a shame. Sorry Becks.