IT'S HERE!!! The EPL kicks off this weekend!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : IT'S HERE!!! The EPL kicks off this weekend!!!

SCfan804
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Fellow soccer nuts, the month of August is about to take a turn for the amazing. The English Premier League gets underway this weekend after the traditional curtain raiser Community Sheild Game took place yesterday between ManU and Chelsea (ManU won on PKs after a 1-1 tie in regulation).

Other things to look forward to:
-American Clint Dempsey, one of my favorite players, makes his debut with Fulham
- DaMarcus Beasley joins Rangers
- Freddie Adu may well get his first action with Benfica when they play the winner of FC Copenhagen-Beitar Jerusalem in Champions League 3rd round qualifying action
- La Liga and Serie A begin play in the next couple weeks... need I remind you that Barcelona will be starting Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi, and Samuel Eto?
- MLS playoffs will be underway soon, and despite it's kinda bad reputation the better teams in MLS (Houston especially) are pretty fun to watch.
- Beckham's debut should come either Thursday at DC United (I'll probably be there, but its on ESPN 2 as well) or Saturday

Just a little something to watch for everyone who's counting down to College Football Season. It's especially good if you get FSC, GolTV, Telefutura, and Univision like I do.. :cheers:

GR8NESS
08-06-2007, 07:24 PM
- Beckham's debut should come either Thursday at DC United (I'll probably be there, but its on ESPN 2 as well) or Saturday

Lucky bastard.