FC Dallas: 5 LA Galaxy: 6... the most absurd game I've ever seen [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : FC Dallas: 5 LA Galaxy: 6... the most absurd game I've ever seen

SCfan804
07-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Absolutely rediculous... LA jumped out to a 4-0 lead in the first 17 minutes, and by the 87th minute or so it was 4-3 LA. LA then scored to make it 5-3 and put it out of reach right? no... FC Dallas scores in the 89th minute to come back within one at 5-4. LA then gets an easy goal a couple mins into stoppage time on a counterattack to make it 6-4. Turns out theyd need that goal afterall, as Dallas added a 5th in like the 94th minute. F'ing craziest game I've ever seen aside from when AC Milan choked away a 3 goal lead against Liverpool in one half and lost in the Champions League final (that game is still tops b/c it's AC Milan and those Italian teams can play some f'in defense).

I mean... even the average soccer-bashing American would have enjoyed watching this game, and that's saying something.

GR8NESS
07-31-2007, 10:26 PM
that's fricking crazy.

SECgamecock453
07-31-2007, 10:28 PM
Though Americans who generally hate soccer would have enjoyed it, this is the very reason Europeans and South Americans dont take the MLS seriously. High scoring, lack of defense games. Theyd have mountains of stuff to say about the league after seeing a 6-5 score.

SCfan804
07-31-2007, 10:31 PM
Hence I called it "absurd" and not "good" lol

Storm
08-01-2007, 07:30 AM
it's not like we see these scores all the time though.......i saw plenty of premiership games in England that ended 4 or 5 nil.......

Vandy420
08-01-2007, 08:29 AM
I caught stoppage time and the last 2 goals. The players were in shock that it ended like that as well you could see it in their faces. There was a great crowd but It was more due to the 2 mexican teams playing next.

LA Galaxy lead group A of the SuperLiga with 6 points.

SCfan804
08-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I caught stoppage time and the last 2 goals. The players were in shock that it ended like that as well you could see it in their faces. There was a great crowd but It was more due to the 2 mexican teams playing next.

LA Galaxy lead group A of the SuperLiga with 6 points.

So I'm guessing you get Telefutura too then haha... gotta love having like 20 spanish channels to cover every soccer game imaginable

GAMECOCKBOY
08-01-2007, 01:19 PM
i love seeing high scored soccer,baseball, and hockey games...