Im in soccer heaven!!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Im in soccer heaven!!!!

SCfan804
07-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Finally got my digital cable/DVR hooked up in my new place today, and for an extra $2/month I'm getting Fox Soccer Channel and GolTV!!!!! This is gonna make following La Liga, EPL, etc. SO much easier and will really allow me to get into it for the first time (I've always loved it, but its hard when the only games you can catch are the select Champions League matches ESPN shows).

I'm currently watching a re-run of Real Madrid and Deportivo La Coruna on GolTV. FYI, just in case it needed to be said again, Beckham is so spectacular on free kicks and crosses. I've seen him hit two gorgeous FKs that both bounced off the post after bending perfectly over the wall, no chance for the goalie on either of them if they were an inch or two the other way. Plus a perfect cross right right to the front of goal that ended up resulting in a goal. And as Im typing this he just sent a perfect (and I mean perfect) cross to Raul for another goal. MLS defenses are gonna be so helpless against set pieces when he gets that ankle healthy...

Oh... and there's someone behind the Deportivo goal waving the confederate flag. Will that d@mn thing ever go away?

SCfan804
07-28-2007, 12:36 PM
And now ManU/Arsenal on FSC :)

Tremendous header goal by Rooney, even if he is dumb as bricks and looks like he belongs in a lead role in "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" moreso than a soccer pitch.

2008 National Champions
07-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I already have the DVR ready for when the EPL starts. Hope they show a lot of matches.