Vandy has a new basketball player Charles Hinkle. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Vandy has a new basketball player Charles Hinkle.

XPS
07-27-2007, 09:49 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Charles Hinkle, a 6-5, 210-pound swingman from Los Alamitos, Calif., will attend Vanderbilt and play basketball for the Commodores as a scholarship student-athlete beginning with the 2007-08 season head coach Kevin Stallings announced on Friday.

Hinkle averaged 16.3 points, 5.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists during the 2006-07 season at Hebron Academy, a preparatory school in Maine.

A year earlier, Hinkle helped lead Los Alamitos High School to the school's first sectional championship, averaging 10 points and five rebounds.

The Griffins advanced to the California state semifinals and finished with a 29-5 overall record. Hinkle was named a two-time All-Sunset League performer in Southern California.

"It's very rare to get a player the caliber of Charles at this time of year," Stallings said. "He's a good wing prospect, a good shooter with a strong feel for the game. We're excited to add him to roster. Hopefully, he has a chance to be a good player."

http://vanderbilt.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=695306

Dawg
07-28-2007, 02:03 AM
Congratulations, Dores!

georgiaguy31015
07-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Congrats Vandy.

kentubbybasketball
07-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Awful late in the recruiting year, and anytime you can get a quality player at this time of year, it's awesome.

govandy0620
07-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Alright! I'll take it.

Vandy420
07-31-2007, 08:56 AM
We also have a recruited invited walk-on joining the team from Charlotte Catholic Academy. I can't remember his name but it was reported on the Vandy rivals site. Also, Jamie Graham a football committ will be playing on the basketball team as well. He is a tremendous athlete and was TN player of the year in both football and basketball for Whites Creek High School I believe. He could be a starting point guard in a year or 2. But he is a football scholarship so it won't count against our basketball limit.

We have a good scout team of walk ons starting this year we should be a very dangerous team in the next few years.

XPS
07-31-2007, 10:22 AM
We have a good scout team of walk ons starting this year we should be a very dangerous team in the next few years.

As long as Stallings is head coach, no doubt...

kentubbybasketball
07-31-2007, 02:25 PM

As long as Stallings is head coach, no doubt...

Vandy has yet to make the NCAAT in consecutive years under Stallings. So, to say they are dangerous is an overstatement IMO.

Stallings does a good job when he gets to the NCAATs... two Sweet 16s but only two NCAA apperances in his tenure.

There's a reason he was on the hotseat before the new year. He's a solid coach, but I'm not sure Vandy is more dangerous than they were say in 1993.

Vandy420
07-31-2007, 02:30 PM
We won the SEC in 1993.

kentubbybasketball
07-31-2007, 02:33 PM
We won the SEC in 1993.

Exactly why I mentioned that year.