Scotty Hopson Article [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Hopson Article

Dawg
07-05-2007, 04:57 PM
http://www.columbiatribune.com/2007/Jul/20070703News053.asp

On Page Two...

Scotty Hopson, 6-6, F, Hopkinsville, Ky.

Summer team: Mid-State Ballers (no sponsor)

Schedule: LeBron Academy, AAU 19-and-unders

Skinny: Hopson may have been the player who raised his stock the most at the USA Basketball Festival. He's a dynamic swingman who jumps out of the gym and has both long-range and mid-range touch. (That mid-range game is a dying art, but Hopson is an artist at it.) Hopson has committed to Mississippi State, and I'm guessing that by the end of the summer he will have positioned himself to be a McDonald's All-American. He's that good.

I very much look forward to seeing this young man on campus at Mississippi State next Fall.

msudawg4life
07-06-2007, 12:56 AM
wooot woooooot!

NCMISSSTFAN
07-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Posted today from the lebron James camp he's at: (dawgsbite)

"Scotty Hopson, SF – Reminiscent of his effort in the Dean Dome a few weeks ago. Hopson was one of the most impressive scorers and skilled wings in the first session. That ease that we love about his game was evident. All the accolades and honors seniors are in."

NCMISSSTFAN
07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Another article from dawgsbite....this may clear up some of the rumors as well.

By Steve Robertson
Scout.com
Posted Jul 6, 2007

Scotty Hopson made his commitment to Mississippi State several months ago. Throughout the process Hopson claims has never waivered. He said he did not think he could be more solid in his commitment and then Romero Osby joined the Bulldog party.

Scotty Hopson Profile
Scotty and Romero are both veterans of the summer AAU circuit and camp tour, so they have had the chance to get to know each other.

"I met him last year at a camp we went to and we just hit it off there," said Scotty. "We have been friends ever since then."

Scotty considers himself one of Romero's biggest supporters.

"He is real athletic," said Hopson. "He has some quickness to him. He can jump and shoot. He can do whatever he needs to do on the floor."

The talented tandem has had the chance to square off against each other several times. Despite only getting to team up in some pick-up games the two have worked to make each other better.

"We have played against each other some." said Hopson. "I haven't played with him in a while. I pick up on some stuff from him when I see him play and he picks up on some stuff from me when I play."

The talented Hopson has been very vocal about his loyalty to his commitment to Mississippi State. Now that Romero has joined Scotty on the Bulldogs' commitment list things look to be even more concrete.

"It makes me even more solid," said Scotty. "It makes me want to go there even more knowing we have even more talent coming in. We are going be even better."

Unfortunately for Scotty, he has been dogged by questions about his recruitment at every turn since the University of Kentucky made a coaching change. The youngster reports that the comments have caused him some frustration.

"I don't understand why people want to spread rumors if they don't know the exact truth," said Hopson. "I was just having to deal with some of that. This guy said he heard that I had reopened my recruitment and that I was going to Kentucky. I told him once again that I hadn't. I get tired of it."

Related Stories

OffThePorch
07-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Now we need a talented pg to go with those two & it'll be another great class. i understand we have 2 or 3 guys on radar.

NCMISSSTFAN
07-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Your right, I guess we are after Dee Bost but I'm not sure if he's a pure point or a combo gaurd. I would prefer a pure point for once though because we haven't had one in a while. Ben Hansbrough will do a great job for now though.

leland7
07-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Hopson appears to be very, very talented, and along with Osby, Mississippi State appears to be bringing in two of the best players available in the class of 2008.

XPS
07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
State got a winner no doubt...

OffThePorch
07-10-2007, 06:51 PM
State got a winner no doubt...

Thanks, good to know not all UK fans are evil.

XPS
07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks, good to know not all UK fans are evil.

Your welcome, i root hard for all of the SEC teams and i believe Stan is a very good coach and a GREAT recruiter..

OffThePorch
07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Your welcome, i root hard for all of the SEC teams and i believe Stan is a very good coach and a GREAT recruiter..

Im hoping his coaching catches up as he matures, he's still not that old.

msudawg4life
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
Good recruiter....yes.....good coach...sometimes there are glimpses of hope...other times just DARKNESS.....lol.

Dawg
07-11-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm afraid I must second that, msudawg.

kentubbybasketball
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Anybody on this level of coaching in the SEC is a good coach IMO. But, he's not proven to be an exceptional coach yet, and until he does, I'm not sure MSU will ever break thru the ceilings that Stansbury has already had.

I do think he can improve. Whomever he gets to replace Coach White who left to go to that JUCO may have a big impact and hopefully that'll be the case for Stans.

OffThePorch
07-11-2007, 02:25 PM
[QUOTE=kentubbybasketball;461507]BS, BS, more BS[QUOTE]

I agree.

MSUado
07-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Another Hopson article. This guy gets talked about more than any other player in the 2008 field.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=690805