Holy ****... anyone else catch Freddy Adu's goals? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Holy ****... anyone else catch Freddy Adu's goals?

SCfan804
07-04-2007, 12:06 PM
The US trounced Poland 6-1 in the U-20 World Cup, and Freddy just went ballistic. F YOU to all the haters who have been writing this kid off already. HAT TRICK!

Goal One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i0IZZ-yaUU
Goal Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_JBFHN1b9w

And here are all 7 goals scored in the game, including Freddy's 3rd goal at the very end for the hat trick (some of our other guys had some beauties too): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DgOkYb01ZI

GR8NESS
07-04-2007, 12:10 PM
it's ADU time! hopefully he makes it up for '10.

Vandy420
07-05-2007, 09:00 AM
We play Brazil in the last game of group stages. Poland beat brazil in their 1st match of this tourney.

SECgamecock453
07-06-2007, 10:03 PM
We just beat Brazil 2-1. Nice to see Jozy Altidore on the TV after seeing his commercial a lot of times recently. He scored both goals for the US! These U-20 guys are going to special on the senior squad in the future, looking forward to it....as opposed to what I saw at Copa America...

boxvic
07-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I hope these guys get offered huge contracts by the MLS. There is no way we can let this crop of guys go play in other countries and allow US soccer to continue to fester.

bamaphan
07-07-2007, 08:37 AM
I hope they all go overseas. If they don't they will end up like Donovan the best player in a bad league.

SECgamecock453
07-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I agree, the MLS just is not ever going to be full of the worlds best players. They need to go overseas to be taken seriously. But I seriously hope this U-20 Team success = National Senior Squad success in the future. It does not always end up that way.

SCfan804
07-08-2007, 07:28 PM
I watched the whole game and I was def. getting some weird stares at the bar, being the only patron going nuts over a U-20 soccer match lol. At least our young guys are doing us proud.

2008 National Champions
07-11-2007, 12:12 AM
Adu needs to be in the Premiership.

2008 National Champions
07-11-2007, 12:19 AM
The US National Team will get much better if it's best players are playing in the best leagues most of the time (Premier, Serie A, La Liga). The MLS just isn't close. Adding an aging Eurostar doesn't give them instant credibility. The money just isn't going to be there for the MLS to afford to sign the best players until American soccer captures America's heart. That can only be done via World Cup, imo.

GatorMan32
07-11-2007, 12:22 AM
The US National Team will get much better if it's best players are playing in the best leagues most of the time (Premier, Serie A, La Liga). The MLS just isn't close. Adding an aging Eurostar doesn't give them instant credibility. The money just isn't going to be there for the MLS to afford to sign the best players until American soccer captures America's heart. That can only be done via World Cup, imo.

As someone who only watches soccer during the world cup, I can attest to this. And he nailed it on the best players needing to play in the best leagues so when they come home to play for the national team, they are improved to the point that a world cup can be won.

SCfan804
07-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Yep... I'm a big proponent of all of our stars playing overseas in the premier Euro leagues. As much as I would DIE to see soccer be huge here, I see the big picture that it just won't ever be on that level. We would have to win a World Cup or 2 to even start down that path.