Willie Warren's Mom says no to Baylor [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Willie Warren's Mom says no to Baylor

KevinKat78
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
UPDATE: Matt just spoke with Willie Warren's mother who said that Willie is NOT committed to Baylor. She said that Willie would be doing no more interviews and that his decision would come out when it was final. She said, "I love Willie, but he talks too much." So there you go, commitment #3 also doesnt stick.:rotf:

http://blog.kentuckysportsradio.com/?cat=1

GatorMan32
07-02-2007, 03:47 PM
The kid wants to go to Baylor and his Mom is telling him what to do. To me his Mom is the one that needs to shut the hell up. It is ****ing pathetic when these parents look to get attention because their kids have talent. Whats she going to do? Wait for the highest bidder and tell him to go there? Or have a personal favorite and brow beat him into doing it cause she has to sign the LOI? Hope he goes to Baylor since its where HE wants to go.

XPS
07-02-2007, 04:11 PM
He wanted to commit to UK a few weeks ago and she wouldn't let him, He is a great player, but i'm leaning more now of the idea to leave this situation and headache to another team...

REBEL5 AC
07-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Moms needs to stay out of HIS buisness. I love my mother (btw, I know she wouldn't do that) but it's what my college choice is. I hope he commits to Baylor.

XPS
07-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Well to stick up for the mom real quick LOL, he knew she wasn't going to roll with that, so why do it? Maybe she is just wanting to make sure for him and he's wanting to commit to many schools on different days...

GatorMan32
07-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Well if he keeps trying to commit and she keeps saying no, maybe he'd like to be done with recruiting and as she says no to schools he moves to somewhere else he'd be happy to be done with it. She still has no business dictating his decision to him. How else is he going to grow up if he can't make decisions?

REBEL5 AC
07-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Cause it's his choice. She isn't going to play basketball with him.

XPS
07-02-2007, 04:33 PM
She still has no business dictating his decision to him. How else is he going to grow up if he can't make decisions?

I don't blame the mom for saying no to Baylor LOL, Maybe she just wants him to take his time and make the right decision...

REBEL5 AC
07-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Baylor has talent. he could be a piece the need to actually do well. This is his decision, not his moms.

GatorMan32
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Maybe she wants someone to offer her money. Not every parent involved in this process has the best intentions.

By the way, you're right. Stay away from kids whose parents are this involved. They become huge head aches later.

GR8NESS
07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
he's already tried to commit to UK! What's she going to do, say no to every college?

REBEL5 AC
07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Hopefully not Texas LOL.

XPS
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Hopefully not Texas LOL.

:rotf:

REBEL5 AC
07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
But, if he didn't go to Texas (which I don't think he will), Kentucky would be fine because of fans like you, XPS.

XPS
07-02-2007, 05:16 PM
But, if he didn't go to Texas (which I don't think he will), Kentucky would be fine because of fans like you, XPS.

Thanks Fight and i feel the same...:cheers:

KevinKat78
07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
:cheers: I would love to have Warren at UK but I'm worried UK is getting so guard heavy for the next 7 years, when are some Centers coming in? Warren is only great to have if enough people leave early this year to afford Warren and to still get Centers and have enough Schollies to get them all for the next 4 years. CBC is getting Over Committed for 09 so far, and working into doing it for every year.

XPS
07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Kevin your right, UK needs some bigmen and Billy G will start reeling them in...

kentubbybasketball
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
It's hard to judge a mother's motives? I would like to think she has his best interests in mind.

GR8NESS
07-04-2007, 05:07 PM
:cheers: I would love to have Warren at UK but I'm worried UK is getting so guard heavy for the next 7 years, when are some Centers coming in? Warren is only great to have if enough people leave early this year to afford Warren and to still get Centers and have enough Schollies to get them all for the next 4 years. CBC is getting Over Committed for 09 so far, and working into doing it for every year.

Who cares? We'll play five guards!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

KevinKat78
07-04-2007, 07:25 PM
:cheers: I'm sorry but I'm old fashioned. I want a 1,2,3,4&5 to paly at 1,2,3,4&5. Then I want good subs to come in for them.:rotf: