Kenny Kadji announces Friday [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Kadji announces Friday

GatorMan32
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
5 star center Kenny Kadji has pushed his announcement up to Friday from July 25th. This seems like great news for Florida since he is doing this right after he visited Gainesville this week. He'll choose between Memphis, K-State and Memphis. If he does choose Florida, this could be a very bad week for Memphis after they lost Liggins to UK.

XPS
06-28-2007, 01:16 AM
5 star center Kenny Kadji has pushed his announcement up to Friday from July 25th. This seems like great news for Florida since he is doing this right after he visited Gainesville this week. He'll choose between Memphis, K-State and Memphis. If he does choose Florida, this could be a very bad week for Memphis after they lost Liggins to UK.

Good luck Fla, 32 did you mean to put Memphis down twice?

XPS
06-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Kenny Kadji to Fla and Woods to Wake, thats the word from scout...

GatorMan32
06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
LOL No. I meant to put Memphis, K-State and Florida. I was already onto the next thought in my head about a bad week for them and messed up.

I am hearing both UF and Wake are backing off Woods for right now to re-evaluate him after the recent attitude problems with ejections from AAU games. Not saying neither would end up taking him, but both staffs want to know if this was a fluke issue or something they'd have to worry about with him on campus.

Kadji to FL seems to be the word. We do want two bigs and I think we have a really good shot with another highly rated big man despite his coach's recent updates. Can't go into it here, though. I know Kadji has connected with Noah because they are both Cameroonian and French in lineage. I don't know what the odds are on two super talented centers with that lineage coming to the same school in America, but I'd be thrilled to have Kenny.

XPS
06-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I am hearing both UF and Wake are backing off Woods for right now to re-evaluate him after the recent attitude problems with ejections from AAU games. Not saying neither would end up taking him, but both staffs want to know if this was a fluke issue or something they'd have to worry about with him on campus.

Wow, didn't know this..

GatorMan32
06-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah, its a fairly recent development with the ejections and its raised some potential flags. I have also heard while Aminu is basically a lock to Wake, it is not as certain for Woods (he is not as sure about going in as a 5 with Walker also being a true 5). But before he can choose, both staffs want to know about that.

XPS
06-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Yeah, its a fairly recent development with the ejections and its raised some potential flags. I have also heard while Aminu is basically a lock to Wake, it is not as certain for Woods (he is not as sure about going in as a 5 with Walker also being a true 5). But before he can choose, both staffs want to know about that.

Its a great move to wait and see, because no matter how good the kid is, you never want that kind of headache on your team...

msudawg4life
06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
wow....congrats on the pickup Fl!

GatorMan32
06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Not yet, but thank you. Don't wanna jinx it. He has to say it tomorrow :)

msudawg4life
06-28-2007, 11:24 AM
It's like one of those thing that aren't official yet but really are...sort of like the #1 pick of the nba draft tonight.

GatorMan32
06-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Its interesting, speaking of the draft, that people see Oden how they do and say there is a drop off after the first two picks, but Horford almost matched his numbers in the title game (25 and 12 for Oden and 18 and 12 for Horford). Oden also got some very cheap points because of the officiating (in the middle of the second half there was a point where they'd called 13 fouls on our 4 big men and 1 on Oden). Sorry that was an off the topic rant. I think Oden's talent gets overstated. He can be great but not so much greater than other star players that he is head and shoulders above other guys.

msudawg4life
06-28-2007, 11:32 AM
I personally would pick Durant over Oden as 1st pick...but that's jsut me and I haven't been to all the workouts and stuff. I think the reason Oden is bein picked is because he is physically already there and can just be inserted in the lineup next year...I don't think Durant is physically ready for the NBA yet and whoever drafts him will have to work with him ALOT between now and start of the season. What I am saying is that Oden is a good immediate fix to a team but Durant is prob the better down the road pick...that is just my opinion.

GatorMan32
06-28-2007, 11:36 AM
I agree with that. I think part 2 is height. Harder to find a 7' guy who can truly be a big time scorer opposed to another 7 foot stiff than it is to find a wing that can score. I don't buy some of the Durant is Jordan part 2 stuff. Thought that was Lebron anyway. But Durant is more like Kobe to me. The difference between being a Jordan and a Kobe is the ability to lift the team on your shoulders in the playoffs or tournament and carry them.

kentubbybasketball
06-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Good luck to Florida on this one.

XPS
06-28-2007, 02:08 PM
I personally would pick Durant over Oden as 1st pick...but that's jsut me and I haven't been to all the workouts and stuff. I think the reason Oden is bein picked is because he is physically already there and can just be inserted in the lineup next year...I don't think Durant is physically ready for the NBA yet and whoever drafts him will have to work with him ALOT between now and start of the season. What I am saying is that Oden is a good immediate fix to a team but Durant is prob the better down the road pick...that is just my opinion.

I agree...