Law makes turnaround, helps Gillispie guide Texas A&M to new heights [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Law makes turnaround, helps Gillispie guide Texas A&M to new heights

XPS
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
People really believe they're going as hard as they possibly can," Law says, "until you go through a Coach Gillispie workout. I can't speak on everybody's behalf, but I'm positive nobody goes harder than we do."

Gillispie put the Aggies through two weeks of his torturous conditioning. No one touched a basketball. There were sprints, sliding drills, backboard touches and other exhausting exercises.

"It's all based on hard work," Gillispie says of his approach to coaching. "We're going to give an honest day's work, day after day."

Law and his teammates had never worked so hard. After one particularly draining session, Law and guard Dominique Kirk pondered whether they would finish the season.

"Dominique looks me in the face and says, 'Acie, I don't want to play basketball no more,' " Law says. "I looked at him and said, 'I don't want to play, either.' "

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/big12/2007-02-20-aggies-cover_x.htm

I hope the UK players are ready...

KevinKat78
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I tell you. CBC is going to weed out some players. I feel sorry for these guys when this goes on. The players that aren't up for it will be crawling home to Mama. :cry: CBC will sign up some more heavey weights for next year.

XPS
06-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I tell you. CBC is going to weed out some players. I feel sorry for these guys when this goes on. The players that aren't up for it will be crawling home to Mama. :cry: CBC will sign up some more heavey weights for next year.

No doubt the players are in for a bigtime surprise, but just imagine the players will be in real shape for the first time in their UK career, that can only help...