Tony Woods down to 2 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tony Woods down to 2

GatorMan32
06-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Florida and Wake will go one on one to try to land one of the top big men in the country. Best case for Wake or Florida could include the best front court class in the country, including Woods. If the other finishes with its top 2 other targets, it wouldn't be far behind. Things are definitely interesting. Can Wake land 2 5 star true centers in one year? Can Florida ride the momentum to landing this talented young player? Next time on as the recruiting world turns...

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=8&c=1&nid=2640595

XPS
06-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Wanting to play with Al-Farouq Aminu may be the deciding factor for Woods..

Woods has dropped some in the rankings, he is now a 4 star and ranked 55 in scout...

GatorMan32
06-25-2007, 04:52 PM
He is a 5 star on Rivals. I don't think Scout has updated as recently, but maybe they did drop him.

I agree, Aminu is the draw to WF. UF "should" be in good enough shape to land Kadji. I have full confidence whether ir is Woods or another big man, we will get our two.

georgiaguy31015
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Good luck Florida.

kentubbybasketball
06-26-2007, 09:34 AM
It would be tough having to take Kadji over Woods IMO, because it seems like that's a decent drop in the rankings from the last I saw.

GatorMan32
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
Kadji is a drop from Woods? Kadji is 21 on Scout and Woods is 55. Woods is 15 on Rivals and Kadji is 21. Seems like the major difference in opinion is Woods. Everyone has Kadji at 5 stars.

Also, regardless of where sites rank 'em, Kadji has been our number 1 big on our board from day 1. We wanted Thompkins or Samuels or Woods with him for the class. Right now we also have someone else we really want and if we can get Kadji and this other kid, our people would be thrilled from what I hear. Where Woods really stands out is his defense. There is no denying he is a defensive force and we'd love to have him. But there are other options that are just as good on our board. Kadji is the most complete of them. He plays both sides of the floor very well. Woods is more of a defensive player right now and is needing to develop his offense. This other kid we want is more advanced offensively while needing to work on some of the defensive skills.

kentubbybasketball
06-26-2007, 01:52 PM
That's my bad. I was going by what I saw in the rankings last, and that was last year when the Cat Pause came out. it's been a full year since then.

GatorMan32
06-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Its cool and I don't wanna come off negatively at all towards Woods. If he committed to UF tomorrow I would be thrilled. But between Billy and the last two years, we have a lot of positive vibes and do have some alternatives if he goes to WF. Kadji is a kid who has really come on the scene in the last year in a big way. He was very raw and he has dropped some extra weight and improved his skill level a lot. He has, by the way, a very similar lineage as Noah (Cameroon and France).