Kind of off-topic, but... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Kind of off-topic, but...

GR8NESS
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
The ABA will take another shot in L'ville. It's Kentucky the state related, so I decided to bring it over here.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3489474

Pretty interesting, hopefully it'll give guys like Sparks or similar local players a chance to keep playing.

KevinKat78
06-23-2007, 12:58 AM
:clap: They are going to try it again in Louisville. I hope they make it this time.

GR8NESS
06-23-2007, 01:13 AM
if it makes it, maybe it'll spring into an NBA team...one can always dream, I suppose..

KevinKat78
06-23-2007, 05:02 PM
The Old Kentucky Team and all their fans were sold out by John Y. Brown back in the 70s when the NBA took 4 ABA teams into the NBA. The Ky Team was the 5th team and they bought John Y Brown out to get rid of the Team. Brown got the Buffalo NBA team which he then sold and they were moved to California. Then brown owned half of the Boston Celtics team which he sold when he became Governor of Kentucky. It was a terrible thing that was done to good Kentucky people. It was so much fun to watch or listen to the team on the radio. They were a very tuff team. We all felt they could beat anyone in the NBA back then. The ABA teams the NBA took was Denver, Indiana, New York Nets and I think San Antonio.