Previous coach and staff at UK was pathetic... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Previous coach and staff at UK was pathetic...

XPS
06-21-2007, 09:51 PM
A year ago, a Mackey commitment to Kentucky seemed possible, even imminent. On June 27 last year, his birthday, he received a scholarship offer from UK. Then, oddly, he did not hear again from the UK coaches.

Not a thing, he said. Kind of weird. Kind of awkward. I guess they offered because people were telling Tubby (Smith, then UK coach) he needed homegrown kids.

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/103887.html

Now IU gets to enjoy a homegrown Kentucky player thats real good because the previous staff was to lazy to recruit him, this is about the 10 player in the last few months that has said something similar to this..:zipit:

KevinKat78
06-22-2007, 12:32 AM
:rotf: Goodness Gracious! The Hits just keep on coming don't they? UK was asleep at the Wheel again! Looking for work in all the wrong places. Drawing that $5,000,000.00 Check.

FreshPrinceOfUK
06-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Boy Minnesota got a good one didnt they? haha

GR8NESS
06-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Boy Minnesota got a good one didnt they? haha

:rotf: :rotf:

Just Some Hog Dude
06-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I guess Tubby saw the writing on the wall and decided to screw UK.

XPS
06-22-2007, 02:13 PM

More less..

kentubbybasketball
06-22-2007, 02:52 PM
IMO, Tubby knew he could have landed Jai Lucas had he decided to stay and with already having Jasper, Bradley, and Porter at the lead slot already with Crawford and Meeks off the ball, he didn't see a need to recruit Mackey.

We can all recount and look back and say this or that was a bad recruiting decision. But, who really cares. As long as Kentucky gets great players, which Gillispie is trying to change.

Some people claim they want to live in the present but their quick to bring up any small hint of negative against Tubby. Who are you trying to convince... and honestly, what are you trying to convince people anyway.

GR8NESS
06-22-2007, 02:57 PM
IMO, Tubby knew he could have landed Jai Lucas had he decided to stay and with already having Jasper, Bradley, and Porter at the lead slot already with Crawford and Meeks off the ball, he didn't see a need to recruit Mackey.

Bradley and Crawford would have never PLAYED with Mackey.

kentubbybasketball
06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
That's exactly right. I got my years mixed up. I still think that Tubby was out looking at what he viewed as better players. At the time, Mackey wasn't in the top 150 and Tubby would have been regarded as just recruiting another sub 150 player. Some people just want it both ways, so they can hear themselves complain.

KevinKat78
06-22-2007, 04:03 PM

Yeah! 9 years ago!:nono:

kentubbybasketball
06-23-2007, 02:07 PM

IMO, it could be considered as Kentucky screwing Kentucky.

GR8NESS
06-23-2007, 02:18 PM
We didn't screw ourselves one bit.
We're much better off.

kentubbybasketball
06-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I hope we are. Hopefully, we can look back and say I had to eat crow.

XPS
06-23-2007, 02:37 PM
We didn't screw ourselves one bit.
We're much better off.

Brummett your a GREAT UK fan, quit wasting your time responding to the TUBBY fan, you nor any fan will not change some peoples mind that Tubby does NOT walk on water..

kentubbybasketball
06-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Brummett your a GREAT UK fan, quit wasting your time responding to the TUBBY fan, you nor any fan will not change some peoples mind that Tubby does NOT walk on water..

XPS, as typial. You bit on the comment and now you're telling someone else to not bite. Par for the course. Typical XPS.