US vs. Canada tonight [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : US vs. Canada tonight

Vandy420
06-21-2007, 12:22 PM
In the semi-finals of the gold cup. Only on FSC. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

GR8NESS
06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
What time? I've got FSC, but don't feel like scrolling through all of my TV guide to find the time.

REBEL5 AC
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
9 PM est.

SECgamecock453
06-21-2007, 08:17 PM
HOLY CRAP. I just started watching it starting at the 55th minute (we already had a 2-0 lead). I use live-footy.org to live stream matches. Anyways, Canada scored in the 75th to go down only 2-1. They totally just scored to even it 2-2 in the 93rd minute but the ref called it offside!

That had to be the WORST call Ive ever seen, but luckily it helped us out. What a bitter end, Canada players were complaining to the ref while the game was still on. Keller got the ball back, kicked it down the field, and ref called time. Crowd really doesnt know how to respond, a little bit of a cheering, a lot of WTF!?

Canadian coach was clearly cussing the ref as he walked out of the stadium with the ball and the Canadian players were SO PISSED.

USA 2
CAN 1

GR8NESS
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
9 PM est.

Thanks a lot. You made me miss it. Neg rep if I can.

REBEL5 AC
06-21-2007, 08:56 PM
LOL...I didn't think you would believe me.

Vandy420
06-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Yea that was wrong Texasfight, i got lucky and was flipping and saw it. neg rep.

About the game, Canada is one of the dirtiest teams I have seen in a long time. Hume was going in trying to take our players out. He did score for them and saved a sure goal off the goaline towards the end. But they played really cheap, de Rossa head butted frankie heijdek (sp?) after a clean tackle and the ref gave them both a yellow card, frankie will miss the final now.

OVerall we played good. The canadians were almost attacking the ref after the game.

The call was bad but i have seen worse, alot worse. Saying that is the worst call you have ever seen must mean you don't watch much sports. It was a bad call though but there were bad calls against us as well. The crowd was a bunch of mexicans waiting for the mexico game next and they were cheering for Canada. I hate mexicans. After watching the mexico game as well we should win this gold cup hands down. final match sunday at 3pm eastern (pregame starts at 2:30pm eastern)

Storm
06-22-2007, 07:45 AM
yeah, it wasn't the worst call i've ever seen. The guy was pretty close to being offsides, but when it's live like that, I think the ref figured better to err on the side of caution.

it definately wasn't a screw job by the ref though, he was Mexican.....LOL, we know he wouldn't do anything to help us out though.

I wish Donavon could have scored a second goal, he had his chance, but that was a freaking hilarious whiff he had towards the end.......LOL, he fell down and everything.

Vandy420
06-22-2007, 08:07 AM
Huh? I must have missed the whiff I saw DeRossa whiff and fall down. Also, michael Bradley got a red card for a very dangerous tackle from behind. He did it on purpose to take the guy out and wasn't even close to going after the ball, but it did stop a potential breakaway or at least a good run on goal. So we will be without Heijdek and bradley for the final.

REBEL5 AC
06-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Go ahead and neg rep me. I already get enough as it is.

Storm
06-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Huh? I must have missed the whiff I saw DeRossa whiff and fall down. Also, michael Bradley got a red card for a very dangerous tackle from behind. He did it on purpose to take the guy out and wasn't even close to going after the ball, but it did stop a potential breakaway or at least a good run on goal. So we will be without Heijdek and bradley for the final.

I thought it was Donovan, maybe they mispoke on the highlites on sportscenter, I swore they said it was Donovan.

Vandy420
06-22-2007, 09:47 AM
I didn't see it if it was, I do know that DeRossa took a big swing and got nothing but air landing on his a$$.

SECgamecock453
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah Canada did play dirty, I saw the headbutt by De Rosario on Hejduk. And Hume practically stepped on Onyewu or something when they both went up for the ball.

GR8NESS
06-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, Donovan did whiff on one that would have been an easy goal. He had the keeper beat, and just WHIFF...I watched the replay at 11 last night.

Storm
06-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Donovan did whiff on one that would have been an easy goal. He had the keeper beat, and just WHIFF...I watched the replay at 11 last night.

HA, I knew I wasn't crazy.

SCfan804
06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I saw the replay on SportsCenter yesterday (the phantom offsides)... I feel for Canada, but tough *****! I've seen my teams be the victims of calls like that way too often, so I'm not apologizing when I finally get one my way haha