Derrick Jasper undergoing some offseason knee surgery? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Jasper undergoing some offseason knee surgery?

XPS
06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
In other news, I have now heard two sources mention the unverified possibility of Derrick Jasper undergoing some offseason knee surgery….we will see if we can get any verification.

http://www.kentuckysportsradio.com/

GR8NESS
06-17-2007, 12:28 PM
That could be a rather large setback.

kentubbybasketball
06-17-2007, 03:40 PM
That's really tough, because he's one of the better leads in this league after Gordon and Steele. I hope whatever the issue is can get corrected, because at 6'6, he can really help the team see over defenses, but more than anything, he's our best guy at pushing the ball up the court in transition. It could explain why Coach G has been all over point guards in this class.

More than anything, Jasper is my guy, and I hope that whatever his issue is can be corrected. He's a fine young man, somebody anybody would love to represent their program, and I hope he'll be fine.

XPS
06-18-2007, 02:51 PM
LEXINGTON, Ky. ‚Äě University of Kentucky point guard Derrick Jasper will be sidelined for four to six months after arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, the school announced today.

Jasper underwent surgery last Friday to clean out loose cartilage in his knee. He is on campus attending summer school, and will spend the remainder of the summer recovering.

He is expected to be ready for the start of practice in October.

Jasper, a 6-foot-6 sophomore from Paso Robles, Calif., played in all 34 of the Wildcats’ games last season, starting 27. He averaged 3.9 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070618/SPORTS03/70618016/1029

KevinKat78
06-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I hope he gets over it really good and gets some good training from CBC to make it to play some better basketball this winter.:clap:

XPS
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
I hope he gets over it really good and gets some good training from CBC to make it to play some better basketball this winter.:clap:

Jasper will NOT hurt UK, he needs to practice shooting and gain confidence before he is ever a factor for UK...

kentubbybasketball
06-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Jasper was a factor at UK last season, whether it was good or bad. When you start about 90% of the games, you're a factor.

And, he definitely was a factor when you consider his line against UCLA and had he kept up that kind of play.

Jasper is a factor, especially if Gillispie is trying to play four guards... Jasper is about the tallest that he can put out there.

GR8NESS
06-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Jasper just went through freshman struggles after he peaked in the early season, which is normal.

kentubbybasketball
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, he hit a wall. I've got no problem with him personally. I think he's going to be a better player than Jai Lucas, and that's why I'm not sad that we didn't land him. I'd rather have a fast 6'6 point guard than a fast 5'10 one.