USA 4 El Salvador 0 [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : USA 4 El Salvador 0

Vandy420
06-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Well if you still wanna hate on Donovon then their is no hope with you. He played a great 1st half last night (he didn't play the 2nd half b/c it was getting chippy) He scored on the PK right before half.

The team played really good last night with Dempsey and Beasley playing really well together. They missed a couple of shots they should have buried, especially beasley, but all in all pretty much dominated. This group is a good team. I really like Micheal Bradley he hustles the entire time he is in and you never see him relax or take a minute off. I was suprised not to see Eddie Johnson but Twellman suprised with his good finish.

Dempsey was probably the best player last night, he plays so calm and relaxed.

SECgamecock453
06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Not only am I sick of Donovan haters but Im mad at all the people who dont give the US respect in soccer. We're the only team in the Gold Cup to not concede a goal in the group play, yet Mexico is somehow 10 times better than us supposedly. Mexico can very well be eliminated after tonights games if they lose and Honduras/Cuba win.

Vandy420
06-13-2007, 08:41 AM
I know I read articles on ESPn and they say how MExico and Canada can beat us and we are very beatible. Ok well mexico hasn't beat us on american soil in what 8 years or something like that being outscored 16-1 or something. Show some respect.

GAMECOCKBOY
06-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Gooo USA!!!!!

SCfan804
06-13-2007, 09:16 AM
They said Canada could beat us? The same team that lost to Guadaloupe? There goes any credibility they had right there.

As for Donovan.... I'm glad he's finally playing up to his potential. I really am. Yes I've hated on the guy, especially in the last World Cup and some of the games leading up to it, but I recognize that for our team and soccer in general to progress here he needs to help lead the charge.

On Beasley... I didn't see the game, but if he played well as you said that's a great sign for us. He's another guy that I'd been growing frustrated with b/c I know just how good he COULD be if he really put it all together.

On Dempsey... he's probably my favorite player on our team right now. The guy just looks so in control when he has the ball at his feet, and his field vision just seems better than most of our guys.

On Mexico.... any country that chants "Osama" at our players and hurls batteries at them deserves to have their stadium imploded with all of their fans and their dirty @ss team in it.

Who have we been using in goal these past few games? I'd really like to see Brad Guzan get a chance at some point (former South Carolina player, and all).

Vandy420
06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Keller played the 1st game, but Howard has played the last 2. He is our goalie, he is the one we are going with. Keller is there as a back up and leadership role. Beasley played good last night though he had a shot from about 10 yards and a open net and he hit it about 20 yards high. He got lucky on his first goal he didn't hit it well but the goalie's view was blocked from his own defenders, it was a corner that was cleared out to the 18 and beasley one timed it (passed it) into the corner of the goal. Good placement but there was no power behind it at all. The 2nd was a good through pass from Dempsey inside the 18 for an open net goal.

Eddie Johnson didn't play b/c he has a sprained knee.

RedNekTiger
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Big Howard fan. Huge.

Glad to see Donovan step it up as well.

GatorTD8to10
06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
This was last night?!

Argh!! I missed it. Stupid work.

Donovan's improved play HAS to be accredited to Bradley. I mean it just has to be.

SECgamecock453
06-13-2007, 01:16 PM
This was last night?!

Argh!! I missed it. Stupid work.

Donovan's improved play HAS to be accredited to Bradley. I mean it just has to be.

Dont worry about missing it unless you actually have FSC. None of these games have been on national TV! IT KILLS ME.

Vandy420
06-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Yea i have FSC we play sat. in the quarters.

I am a huge howard fan as well.

GatorTD8to10
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Dont worry about missing it unless you actually have FSC. None of these games have been on national TV! IT KILLS ME.

I actually have FSC.