UK Tradition [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UK Tradition

kentubbybasketball
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Some people act like they are so proud of UK's history. Yet, I'm chastised for liking the last ten years of our history. Go figure. I wonder if I'm the only true UK fan here that appreciates UK history (meaning all of it... well besides maybe some of Rupp's racial shenanigans).

KevinKat78
06-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Some people act like they are so proud of UK's history. Yet, I'm chastised for liking the last ten years of our history. Go figure. I wonder if I'm the only true UK fan here that appreciates UK history (meaning all of it... well besides maybe some of Rupp's racial shenanigans).

Why don't you tell us what Rupp did. After All he was the coach during times that everyone was seen as doing things they shouldn't. Just what did he do that was wrong? I hear this all the time but never anything specific. All teams were all white until the 60s. I remember the 60s. Rupp was no different than any of the other coaches from what I saw. So explain it to us please, I would like to know.

stewartatwood
06-06-2007, 06:53 PM
RUPP was not raciest. That is a total farce that the Yankee media started. I was also told to invite you back to a place you used to post at. DD Please come over so we can educate you on the true history of UK son.

BlueBaron
06-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Rupp was not racist! You need to go read your UK history books! You must have proof of this since you're so sure... no of course you don't!

jdeasy1
06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
The only racist here is kentubby. He is not a UK fan and never has been. He only followed UK because of tubby. He only followed tubby because of his skin color.

He doesn't care that tubby is a loser, he just wanted him to stay at UK because he is black.

XPS
06-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Rupp is the only reason UK basketball is as big as it is now and I thank him for that, I'm 33 years old and i never had the chance to meet the man, nor will i judge him and any so called Wildcat fan who does isn't much of a fan in my opinion...

kentubbybasketball
06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Rupp was not racist! You need to go read your UK history books! You must have proof of this since you're so sure... no of course you don't!

I got the responses I expected. I chose to quote you though, because your response seems to sum up what everyone else is saying.

You ask I must have proof that Rupp was a racist. First, let me ask you for your proof that Rupp wasn't a racist. Secondly, it's interesting, I never said Rupp was racist... at least I'd like to see where I did say that. You're asking for proof that Rupp was racist (never said he was), so I ask for proof of where I said Rupp was racist. That's quite laughable, and it's interesting that people pounce on the notion, could there be something to it?

stewartatwood, I'm not quite sure what place you're talking about that I used to post at, but I'm perfectly happy here and at kentuckywildcatsportschat. The other messageboards out there simply aren't worth the time IMO. Because, I don't see eye to eye with most UK fans, and there's no sense in me wasting the time. I do appreciate the gesture, but right now's not the right time.

GR8NESS
06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
well besides maybe some of Rupp's racial shenanigans.

That sounds like pretty solid proof that you're accusing him of being racist right ther.

kentubbybasketball
06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
So, I ask again, where did I say he was racist. Brummett, why would I have to hide behind some vauge statement, you should know by now, I pretty much say what I want to say. I don't know why if I thought he was racist, I wouldn't just say, "Rupp is a racist."

REBEL5 AC
06-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Racial Shenanigans. Seems like that imply's he's racist.

kentubbybasketball
06-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Exactly, and when there's an implication, you should go to the person who made the comments to get a clearer understanding. As I said, I never called him a racist, so I guess that's the end of that.

WVUfaninKY3
06-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Implying that someone is racist, is as good as coming out and saying it. Quit trying to twist your words to make them fit what you want. Rupp said that he would recruit black men, but it would not be fair to them having to go through the rigors that they would have to in the lower states of the SEC like Miss. and Alabama. NOT A RACIST statement, simply a statement saying that he didn't want to torture the blacks by forcing them to play in those places.

GR8NESS
06-07-2007, 03:12 PM
^Exactly.

kentubbybasketball
06-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Implying that someone is racist, is as good as coming out and saying it. Quit trying to twist your words to make them fit what you want. Rupp said that he would recruit black men, but it would not be fair to them having to go through the rigors that they would have to in the lower states of the SEC like Miss. and Alabama. NOT A RACIST statement, simply a statement saying that he didn't want to torture the blacks by forcing them to play in those places.

I stopped reading after the first sentence. As I said earlier, "when there's an implication, you should go to the person who made the comments to get a clearer understanding. As I said, I never called him a racist, so I guess that's the end of that."

Now, you and Brummett can respond all day long, the above quote is the response you'll get, so sorry if that's not good enough.

stewartatwood
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I got the responses I expected. I chose to quote you though, because your response seems to sum up what everyone else is saying.

You ask I must have proof that Rupp was a racist. First, let me ask you for your proof that Rupp wasn't a racist. Secondly, it's interesting, I never said Rupp was racist... at least I'd like to see where I did say that. You're asking for proof that Rupp was racist (never said he was), so I ask for proof of where I said Rupp was racist. That's quite laughable, and it's interesting that people pounce on the notion, could there be something to it?

stewartatwood, I'm not quite sure what place you're talking about that I used to post at, but I'm perfectly happy here and at kentuckywildcatsportschat. The other messageboards out there simply aren't worth the time IMO. Because, I don't see eye to eye with most UK fans, and there's no sense in me wasting the time. I do appreciate the gesture, but right now's not the right time.Dynasty Defenders. DD like I said in my post. You knew that though.

kentubbybasketball
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I figured it was Dynasty Defenders, the DD, but I'm not a member there, so I was confused by the statement.

And, I'll never post at Dynasty Defenders... I don't know if he's still there or not, but I don't jive with katman at all.

KevinKat78
06-07-2007, 04:36 PM
:rotf: It's so funny you (Kentubby) imply that Rupp is a racist then you say you didn't say he was a racist. So that means you don't have any reason to imply that Rupp is Racist. I think it would be a good idea to ask yourself why you might think Rupp is a racist. I think for some reason you got that into your head and you really should research why you might think that. Maybe if someone else won the games in 1966 to meet up with Texas Western they would be racist instead of Rupp. For the day and time Rupp was no different than most of the coaches of the day. The Sixties and Seventies were the days of Black people doing things for the first time in our country. Rupp isn't responsible for the way of the times. I have never heard one claim of an event that took place that was evidence of Rupp being a Racist. I would like for someone to tell me when Rupp was racist and what he did or stop calling him a racist.:blah:

WVUfaninKY3
06-07-2007, 08:10 PM
I stopped reading after the first sentence. As I said earlier, "when there's an implication, you should go to the person who made the comments to get a clearer understanding. As I said, I never called him a racist, so I guess that's the end of that."

Now, you and Brummett can respond all day long, the above quote is the response you'll get, so sorry if that's not good enough.

Now, you are simply being childish. We give you an arguement and all you do is say that by a technicality you didn't SAY he was a racist. The funny thing is, I SAID when you IMPLY, you are basically SAYING that he's a racist

georgiaguy31015
06-07-2007, 08:18 PM
This looks like this is headed on a downhill spiral and fast. Just be careful guys.

KevinKat78
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
This looks like this is headed on a downhill spiral and fast. Just be careful guys.
This is a very bad thread and nothing is being discussed here.

kentubbybasketball
06-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Now, you are simply being childish. We give you an arguement and all you do is say that by a technicality you didn't SAY he was a racist. The funny thing is, I SAID when you IMPLY, you are basically SAYING that he's a racist

Once again, just show me where I said he was a racist, and I'll admit it. Until then, you really don't have a "argument" as you seem to think you do.

REBEL5 AC
06-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Like I said, you said Racial. Racial means your talking about another Race. Then you added shenanigans to it, which means he was being mischevious.

So in conclusion, you're saying players were being held back by Rupp, because of their race.

kentubbybasketball
06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Keep believing what you want to believe, TF. I'm fascinated that my comments mean this much to you; it's water under the bridge to me. Rupp isn't hear to defend himself as a racist or a non-racist, so I'll have no further comment.

And, you're right I said "racial shenanigans." Not, that he indeed was a racist.

REBEL5 AC
06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I go off of what I read Tubby.

kentubbybasketball
06-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Then, we shouldn't have any more problems if the future if that's what you'll start doing.

georgiaguy31015
06-08-2007, 08:30 PM
I think this thread may have outlived it's usefulness.

KevinKat78
06-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I think this thread may have outlived it's usefulness.
It did before it was started. I said my face looks red. I never said it was red so don't say another word about it. I should start a thread tomorrow about one of the players looked like he broke his leg. Then say I never said he broke his leg so don't say another word about it. I'm over it. Nonsence!

Storm
06-09-2007, 11:59 PM
I think its hilarious that a "shenanigans" bomb was dropped. Truely a word that doesn't get enough run in this world.....LOL