2007 USA Schedule [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 2007 USA Schedule

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 10:39 AM
2007 USA Schedule
June 7 USA vs. Guatemala ^ Home Depot Center (Carson, Calif.) 6 p.m. PT / FSC & Telefutura

June 9 USA vs. T&T ^ Home Depot Center (Carson, Calif.) 2 p.m. PT / FSC & Telefutura

June 12 USA vs. El Salvador ^ Gillette Stadium (Foxborough, Mass.) 7 p.m. ET / FSC & Telefutura

June 16/17 Quarterfinal ^* Foxborough or Houston TBD

June 21 Semifinal ^* Soldier Field (Chicago) TBD

June 24 Final ^* Soldier Field (Chicago) 3 p.m. ET

June 28 USA vs. Argentina # Estadio Jose Romero (Maracaibo) 8:45 p.m. ET / GolTV

July 2 USA vs. Paraguay # Estadio Agustin Tovar (Barinas) 6:30 p.m. ET / GolTV

July 5 USA vs. Colombia # Estadio Metropolitano FdL (Barquisimeto) 6:30 p.m. ET / GolTV

July 7/8 Quarterfinals #* San Crist??bal, Barinas, Matur??n, Barq. TBD

July 10/11 Semifinals #* Caracas, Puerto Ordaz TBD

July 14 Final #* Caracas Olympic Stadium (Caracas) 5:05 p.m. ET

Aug. 22 Sweden Ullevi Stadium (Goteborg, Sweden) 2:30 p.m. ET /
FSC & Galavision (2:30 ET/PT)

Oct. 14 USA vs. Catalonia Camp Nou (Barcelona, Spain) TBD / FSC & Galavision

Oct. 17 USA vs. Switzerland TBD (TBD) 2:30 p.m. ET / FSC & Galavision

I need FSC!!!!

^ = 2007 Gold Cup
# = 2007 Copa America
* = if necessary

SCfan804
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
COPA America should be really good experience for us if we actually put our top guys out there.

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Argentina first...ghey.

Vandy420
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
We should have our 1st team for that. We play sweden and spain or are those exhibitions against club teams?

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 01:34 PM
We should have our 1st team for that. We play sweden and spain or are those exhibitions against club teams?

Those look to be International Friendlies, and that is not Spain (which is why it interests me). Its the national team of the Catalonia region which probably plays a few exhibitions in an entire year, so we're fortunate to have a chance.

Basque also have a national team who usually play only around Christmas time and consist of French and Spanish players (only of Basque descent).

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I really want these channels, is there a package thats only FSC and GolTV because thats all I need/want and I dont want to pay too much for a bunch of extra bs.

SCfan804
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I really want these channels, is there a package thats only FSC and GolTV because thats all I need/want and I dont want to pay too much for a bunch of extra bs.

Yeah I'm not sure how that works. My family has the whole huge digital cable package, but those two channels you have to purchase seperately on top of that even.

MKAU
06-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok I'm embarrassed now. What region makes of the Catalonia area specifically?

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok I'm embarrassed now. What region makes of the Catalonia area specifically?

http://www.innovating-regions.org/images/reg_pictures/catalonia.gif

http://www.mapzones.com/citymap/spain/catalonia/catalonia.jpg

Flag:

http://www.goto-spain.com/images/flags/catalonia-flag.gif

(PS: Dont feel bad, this stuff interests me and I mainly know a lot because of soccer in the first place)

MKAU
06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
(PS: Dont feel bad, this stuff interests me and I mainly know a lot because of soccer in the first place)I only feel bad because I'm very good at this stuff to, or at least I used to be I guess.

I suppose there are enough guys around there who have a ball at their feet since the day they could walk that can make a game of it. It would be nice if the US could develope just a small rash of atheletic freaks (i.e. basketball guards and football skill position players) into soccer players at the same time (I refer to Eddie Johnson types for an example). On paper it would seem that team could be physically unbeatable with enough skill. Lord knows we have the population to weed some out.

SCfan804
06-05-2007, 04:25 PM
One thing is for sure, we'd all be alot more excited if our coach for these games wasn't Bob freakin Bradley.

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Official story:

U.S. men's soccer team to play Catalonia, Switzerland

Associated Press

CHICAGO The U.S. soccer team will play exhibition games in Europe against Catalonia and Switzerland in October.
The Americans meet Catalonia, a Spanish regional team, on Oct. 14 at Barcelona, Spain, then play at Switzerland three days later. Because Catalonia is not a FIFA member, that game will not be considered a full international.

Switzerland, a co-host of next year's European Championship, has not played the United States since a 1-1 tie at Pontiac, Mich., in the opener for both teams at the 1994 World Cup.

The Americans gather Monday in Carson, Calif., prior to an exhibition game against China on June 2 at San Jose, Calif. After that, they play in the CONCACAF Gold Cup and the Copa America, then go to Sweden for an exhibition game on Aug. 22.

MKAU
06-05-2007, 04:29 PM
One thing is for sure, we'd all be alot more excited if our coach for these games wasn't Bob freakin Bradley.Bob Bradley has done well so far. I admit the actual name "Bob Bradley" doesn't carry much excitment, but the teams put on the field by the man who carries that name have played a strong brand of soccer.

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 04:34 PM
One thing is for sure, we'd all be alot more excited if our coach for these games wasn't Bob freakin Bradley.

Tell me about it.
And there sits Jurgen Klinsnman in his L.A. home....:chair:

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
He may not be an Italian or German mastermind but one thing is for sure, the US hasnt lost in '07 yet.

SCfan804
06-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Bob Bradley has done well so far. I admit the actual name "Bob Bradley" doesn't carry much excitment, but the teams put on the field by the man who carries that name have played a strong brand of soccer.

I admit he has done well thus far. But Arena did well early in his tenure as well, so we'll see if Bradley can endure the test of time.

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 04:37 PM
He may not be an Italian or German mastermind but one thing is for sure, the US hasnt lost in '07 yet.

Can he beat the big names though?

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 04:37 PM
I admit he has done well thus far. But Arena did well early in his tenure as well, so we'll see if Bradley can endure the test of time.

We should have parted ways with Arena post-'02.

That much time with one coach is just too much in the international soccer world.

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Can he beat the big names though?

You cant really blame him for that when he hasnt had a chance to do so yet. We wont know, but playing Argentina will be a good chance to see and even those friendlies against Sweden, Catalonia (not big by name but GREAT players), and Switzerland, who are all considerably better than the US.

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 04:39 PM
You cant really blame him for that when he hasnt had a chance to do so yet. We wont know, but playing Argentina will be a good chance to see and even those friendlies against Sweden, Catalonia (not big by name but GREAT players), and Switzerland, who are all considerably better than the US.

Yup, I know...which is why I asked that question.

MKAU
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
We should have parted ways with Arena post-'02.

That much time with one coach is just too much in the international soccer world.
WHAT???? '02 was the greatest year of success in US soccer history! You want to fire the coach who pulled that off just for a reason that, well, is dumb? I guess it's time for USC to fire Pete Carrol too.

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 04:46 PM
WHAT???? '02 was the greatest year of success in US soccer history! You want to fire the coach who pulled that off just for a reason that, well, is dumb? I guess it's time for USC to fire Pete Carrol too.

Klinsman and Germany parted ways after this year's world cup. He was the head coach for EIGHT years. Most international side coaches last 4 years, max (Today, anyway)

MKAU
06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Klinsman and Germany parted ways after this year's world cup. He was the head coach for EIGHT years. Most international side coaches last 4 years, max (Today, anyway)It was Klinsman's choice.

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
It was Klinsman's choice.

Didn't say it wasn't. But my idea still applies- it's just too much time in the international soccer world anymore.

MKAU
06-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Why? That doesn't make sense. If a coach brings success he should be given the opportunity to keep growing on his achievments. When you are already near the top why would you break it down by firing the coach and rebuilding all over again?

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Arena seemed to "lose" his players in '06 imo, and that's what that was a product. His system just seemed stagnant too. Change can be good in many cases.

SCfan804
06-05-2007, 05:07 PM
The Arena situation was a tough one. The guy had clearly earned the right to stay after 2002, but nobody could have foreseen him becoming more stubborn than Bill Parcells when it came to personnel decisions.

SECgamecock453
06-05-2007, 10:51 PM
OT...but

I just beat this kid on Winning Eleven 1-0 with Denmark...and he was Argentina. He flipped his ****** lid on me and spazzed out on the mic. My goal was sick! (22').

Vandy420
06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Brummet I have to disagree. If a coach is successful he stays. This has just been a year of transition in alot of coaching positions. But most had been there a while.

Bob Bradley is a good coach with potential to be great. The way we have played in every game except the guatamala game is really exciting. The way we manhandled the wetbacks was awsome especially since it was a huge Pro-Mexico crowd in Phoenix. Guatamal just packed in the box and made it impossible to get any quality shots. But we did play kinda flat there. We will get the rematch this week and we will see what adjustments Bradley made to counter their strategy. I like the players he is fielding, I love the new faces. We needed a youthful movement in US soccer to get it going again. Out with the old guard and in with the new. If we can ever get johnson going again it would be a great team.

GatorTD8to10
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
The one thing I like about Bradley is he's willing to do different things to attack the goal. With Arena it was dribble the ball up the wing and cross into the box, a horrible strategy against bigger teams because we only had McBride who could go up for it.

Guys like Donovan and Beasley are doing more attacking now (same with Dempsey, but even he attacked under Arena)...which is great with their speed.

GatorTD8to10
06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I only feel bad because I'm very good at this stuff to, or at least I used to be I guess.

I suppose there are enough guys around there who have a ball at their feet since the day they could walk that can make a game of it. It would be nice if the US could develope just a small rash of atheletic freaks (i.e. basketball guards and football skill position players) into soccer players at the same time (I refer to Eddie Johnson types for an example). On paper it would seem that team could be physically unbeatable with enough skill. Lord knows we have the population to weed some out.

We have guys who have the skill, but we dont allow any creativity in the youth leagues of America, which hurts us badly.

PS Eddie Johnson sucks.

GR8NESS
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
He's been burning up the MLS (yeah, big deal) this season though.

MKAU
06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
PS Eddie Johnson sucks.Hmm, don't know about that. But either way the point was he's a freakish athlete that plays soccer.

SCfan804
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah I'm an EJ fan myself. Big time Donovan hater though.

GR8NESS
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I can't stand Donovan.

SCfan804
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I've always thought he was a prima donna sissy who never showed up in the big games, and I HATE the fact that he's captain. He's played well recently, but at this point who cares?

MKAU
06-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't dislike Donovan, but I think he could do more. I do like Clint Dempsy and I wished Clint Mathis would get it together for at least a couple of years.

GR8NESS
06-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Who had the mohawk in '02? Was it Mathis?

MKAU
06-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah.

SCfan804
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
I wish I coulda been at South Carolina when Mathis and Josh Wolfe played on the same team here. Between those two and last years #1 MLS draft pick Brad Guzan (now the goalie for Chivas, the poor bast@rd), we've put some guys into MLS.

GR8NESS
06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Yeah.

He needs to bring it back. That thing was sweet.

MKAU
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
He needs to bring it back. That thing was sweet.He needs to let me do his beer drinking for him and just play soccer. Then he can worry about getting a haircut. But I agree it was cool.

Vandy420
06-07-2007, 09:57 AM
I love donovan, he is a baller. That kid is a good leader and very very talented. HE has been playing very good lately and is the best player we have no doubt about it. He absolutley dominated Mexico and the past couple of games. He is what our team is and should be uilt around. He doesnt play too good with his back to the goal but that is why bradley is utilizing him differently and why he is being more successfull. If we could get EJ to pick it up and start playing to his potential we could beat laot of people. He has freakish talent but seems to get down and not finish goals he should, the same for Dempsey he misses alot of chances he should finish no doubt. But it's all built around landon. The biggest dissappointment to me is Beasley. He has so much speed and potential but he doesn't use it to its fullest. I wish freddy adu would step up to the lofty expectations everyone put on him. I think it all went to his head and ruined him before he even showed his talent.

SCfan804
06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I haven't given up on Freddy yet... he's still got a ton of time to continue his progression. Hell he probably isn't even done growing yet.

MKAU
06-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah Freddy is still to young to have developed into a star. He still needs at least two more years before he can be a serious contributor.

SECgamecock453
06-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I've always thought he was a prima donna sissy who never showed up in the big games, and I HATE the fact that he's captain. He's played well recently, but at this point who cares?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/soccer_world_cup_2002/news/2002/06/21/worldcup_usquarters/4.jpg

LOL.

GR8NESS
06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Some captain....LOL

SCfan804
06-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Oliver Kahn doesn't appear too happy with Lando in that pic...

Vandy420
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
If you had a mug like that would you ever be happy?