Gillispie's Tireless Work Ethic Evident in Russian Recruit [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Gillispie's Tireless Work Ethic Evident in Russian Recruit

XPS
06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Big Blue Nation is more than a little giddy thanks to recent turns of the worm which have resulted in everything coming up roses in Lexington.

Kentucky's satisfaction with their new coach, Billy Gillispie, is evident, especially since landing heralded recruit Patrick Patterson. Now it's becoming clear that Gillispie's passion for basketball and recruiting knows no boundaries

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/01/gillispies-tireless-work-ethic-evident-in-russian-recruit/

KevinKat78
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
:cry: After Woo, and all those canadians I really don't want any foriegn players coming to UK, anymore. A few from England weren't so bad but all others were.

GR8NESS
06-04-2007, 10:27 PM
http://www.ncaafanzone.com/forums/
Lol.....

kentubbybasketball
06-05-2007, 01:05 PM
All, I have to say is Gillispie just best not lose 10 games in a season, and it won't matter who he recruited. LOL. That's how fickle some in the fanbase are. Me, personally, I don't turn on a coach after one subpar season.

XPS
06-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I don't turn on a coach after one subpar season

I agree ever coach has one subpar season..

99-00- 23-10 lost to Arkansas in the first round of the Sec and in the second round to Syracuse in the ncaa..

00-01- 24-10 lost to UCS second round and was loaded..

00-02- 22-10 lost to USC in the first round of the Sec and second round to Maryland in the Ncaa..

05-06- 22-13 lost to USC second round in the Sec tourney and to Uconn in the second round of the ncaa..

06-07- 22-12 second round loss to Miss St in the Sec tourney and loss to Kansas in the second round in the ncaa..

Who was the coach you were referring to who just had one subpar season Kentubby?

GR8NESS
06-05-2007, 08:01 PM
ENOUGH Tubby talk.

georgiaguy31015
06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Guys this thread is about Gillispie so the posts better be about Gillispie. This will be your final warning as far as I'm concerned.

KevinKat78
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
All, I have to say is Gillispie just best not lose 10 games in a season, and it won't matter who he recruited. LOL. That's how fickle some in the fanbase are. Me, personally, I don't turn on a coach after one subpar season.

I don't turn on a coach for one subpar season either but I do after 9 subpar seasons.:dind: :nono:

georgiaguy31015
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
I don't turn on a coach for one subpar season either but I do after 9 subpar seasons.:dind: :nono:

What did I say? No more talkinga bout Tubby. Talk about Gillispie or move on.

XPS
06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
What did I say? No more talkinga bout Tubby. Talk about Gillispie or move on.

I wanna talk about Billy G, but its hard to with kentubby throwing Tubby around all the time..

kentubbybasketball
06-06-2007, 11:05 AM
I wanna talk about Billy G, but its hard to with kentubby throwing Tubby around all the time..

Show me where I "thre Tubby around in this thread." Other than in the previous sentence when did I ever say Tubby's name.

My post was about Gillispie as gguy said it should be. If you want to follow the rules, I suggest you talk about Gillispie as I have. That's my coach.

KevinKat78
06-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Show me where I "thre Tubby around in this thread." Other than in the previous sentence when did I ever say Tubby's name.

My post was about Gillispie as gguy said it should be. If you want to follow the rules, I suggest you talk about Gillispie as I have. That's my coach.
You made comments about ten loss seasons in 2 different post. But we all know Gillispie isn't going to do anything bad like that.:raz:

kentubbybasketball
06-07-2007, 02:19 PM
You made comments about ten loss seasons in 2 different post. But we all know Gillispie isn't going to do anything bad like that.:raz:

Exactly, he'll probably lose more, and we'll see what crafty things you come up with, because you'll be off of him like a hot potato. I just hope Gillispie when he does face adversity (because it happens in every job), I hope he shows the kind of class that Tubby shows and the kind of class that some UK fans won't show him as a human being.

KevinKat78
06-07-2007, 04:47 PM
:rotf: Kentubby, You hope that CBC messes up. You think that will be justice for your hero. Well that's just not true. Tubby didn't show any class. He recruited projects because he was lazy. He should have and could have done much better. Tubby should have been fired 5 years ago. Yes the best thing Tubby did for UK was to leave and I love him for that. CBC is a much better coach and I expect him to do great.

kentubbybasketball
06-08-2007, 02:21 PM
LOL Kevin... I assume you're trying to be funny with this line: "You hope that CBC messes up. You think that will be justice for your hero. Well that's just not true."

You're so funny with that. All I can say is your comedian.

However, about that line. Let me explain to you what a UK fan is since you obviously aren't smart enough to understand it. A UK fan is someone who supports the program and even if he or she liked the old coach, they like the new one as well. That's where I fit into the equation. I love Billy Gillispie. I've defended Billy Gillispie more than any other person here who considered himself to be a UK fan (but some of you aren't UK fans anyway).

GR8NESS
06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
:lol: :lol:

We support the program, but we don't agree with the decisions the coach makes! We felt it was in the best intrest of the program to move on (and it was)
SO THAT MAKES US NOT FANS!

:rotf: :rotf:

And with that, this is done.