Long is out at Ark [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Long is out at Ark

Herchel
11-15-2017, 03:20 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/reports-jeff-long-out-as-arkansas-athletic-director-julie-cromer-peoples-named-interim/

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Yep. Yankee go home now.

MKfromPA
11-15-2017, 06:21 PM
That's what he gets for leaving Pitt!!! :lol:

joehogjoe
11-15-2017, 11:04 PM
I think LR, Slobbering Hog, and cost overruns at Razorback Stadium were contributing factors. I hear all the rumors have no personal sources and have no idea whats really going on. The one thing I can say is leave Mike Anderson the fk alone.

Just Some Hog Dude
11-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Yep. Yankee go home now.

That is not appropriate. Two of our best football coaches were from the north in Holtz and Petrino. The guy who built our baseball program, Norm DeBriyn, was from the north. This is has nothing to do with that.

NWA has grown so much in recent decades from immigration outside of the South that it is not even culturally Southern anymore. That was true when I was in college up there well over a decade ago and no doubt even more true today.

I remember one of my professors who had been there for years saying that he could not tell if Southern accents had disappeared in Fayetteville or that he had gained one and did not even realize it. He was from St. Louis.