Mizzou going bowling? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou going bowling?

zud the hut
11-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Is this possible with the start that they had? Who thought that they would start winning?

Dawg4life
11-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Playing a lot better lately.

The Zou
11-13-2017, 03:59 PM
I cannot make sense of it...

If you can remember, I had high hopes in pre-season... and then the DF was atrocious (again). Six games later... they figure out how to play DF again?

This is all bittersweet, to me. It is hard to watch and believe that they simply found what was missing mid-season... so I am concerned that this could just be a much slower death.

(Who needs enemies with fans as negative as me, huh? :) )

Herchel
11-13-2017, 04:36 PM
I think Odum is OK. He got some players to buy in. You need some help in the secondary and LB. They are s-l-o-w.

The Zou
11-13-2017, 05:00 PM
I think Odum is OK. He got some players to buy in. You need some help in the secondary and LB. They are s-l-o-w.

This was a strength just a couple years ago...

I like Odum (in General) and I love the idea of him doing well!! I don't think he has shown the ability to recruit at the level we need to win; Gary P was not great either, but he was really good at signing impact players that were (for one reason or another) passed over...

We have a Sr. in St.L area that wasn't even invited to visit -- he just gave an oral commitment to Michigan.

The Zou
11-13-2017, 05:02 PM
This was a strength just a couple years ago...

I like Odum (in General) and I love the idea of him doing well!! I don't think he has shown the ability to recruit at the level we need to win; Gary P was not great either, but he was really good at signing impact players that were (for one reason or another) passed over...

We have a Sr. in St.L area that wasn't even invited to visit -- he just gave an oral commitment to Michigan.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool&State=MO

zud the hut
11-13-2017, 07:44 PM
I cannot make sense of it...

If you can remember, I had high hopes in pre-season... and then the DF was atrocious (again). Six games later... they figure out how to play DF again?

This is all bittersweet, to me. It is hard to watch and believe that they simply found what was missing mid-season... so I am concerned that this could just be a much slower death.

(Who needs enemies with fans as negative as me, huh? :) )
I think that Mizzou found themselves after being lost in the wilderness and are going bowling.

Get ovah yourself Zou and jump on the bandwagon before all the other people do!

Cuz
11-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Time to go bowling. Looks like the SEC will represent in the bowl picture.

Then the slaughter will begin. :vader:

Way to go Mizzou. Just a few more games.

SCgamecock2988
11-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Good job Mizzou. Certainly one of the more exciting offenses to watch in the entire country. After the very poor start you guys are very likely to finish 7-5 heading into a bowl game. Amazing finish really.

joehogjoe
11-14-2017, 10:31 AM
The tigers will move through the Hog defense like a hot knife through softened butter.
It will be the worst home loss of CBB's tenure and a fitting end to our nightmare season.

Herchel
11-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Welcome back, Joe.

ECDawg78
11-14-2017, 10:55 AM
The job that Barry Odum has done since the early season near dumpster fire has been impressive.

I expect he will get the opportunity to go forward with this program as a result.

SCgamecock2988
11-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Guys.. it's Odom. Seeing 'Odum' is making me cringe and I'm not even a Mizzou fan.

The Zou
11-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Guys.. it's Odom. Seeing 'Odum' is making me cringe and I'm not even a Mizzou fan.

Itz o-cay -- eye kant spill ever...

(true story, btw...)

The Zou
11-14-2017, 03:40 PM
The job that Barry Odum has done since the early season near dumpster fire has been impressive.

I expect he will get the opportunity to go forward with this program as a result.

He will and if he wins out he definitely should...

I'm tough, but fair -- he needs to "Show Me"

Herchel
11-14-2017, 03:43 PM
He will and if he wins out he definitely should...

I'm tough, but fair -- he needs to "Show Me"
He has already shown me.

MKfromPA
11-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Vandy and Arkansas are both winnable games. Wins put Mizzou at 7-5 and bowl eligible. So why not going bowling?

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Mizzou is still mathematically eligible for a third place finish in the East.

Subrookie
11-19-2017, 05:46 PM
He has already shown me.

I'm with you. I wasn't sure Odom would make it through the year after the start we had. But, I'm old enough to remember the train wreck that was Mizzou football in the '80's. I tend to give our coaches a longer leash. Hell, right before we came into the SEC people were calling for Pinkel's job.

Mizzou fans need to look back at how bad it has been. This isn't the 5-7 season where we were offered a bowl game and turned it down. We're going in strong and at worst will be 6-6.

Doesn't hurt our last three conference opponents have 1 conference win between them. Go to the bowl game.

Bama_Man
11-19-2017, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't wanna be playing Mizzou at this point, they may be playing as well as any team in conference with maybe Auburn having a better argument.

lbzdually
11-19-2017, 06:41 PM
I wouldn't wanna be playing Mizzou at this point, they may be playing as well as any team in conference with maybe Auburn having a better argument.

I was quite mad that UGA's defense allowed Mizzou to score as much as they did, but when you see how good they are at offense, I'm actually relieved they didn't score more. Drew Lock has the best arm in the SEC and is right there with any other QB in the country. He has 1st round NFL talent.

Dawg4life
11-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Lock's brain seems like it's catching up with his arm talent.

Bama_Man
11-19-2017, 09:22 PM
I was quite mad that UGA's defense allowed Mizzou to score as much as they did, but when you see how good they are at offense, I'm actually relieved they didn't score more. Drew Lock has the best arm in the SEC and is right there with any other QB in the country. He has 1st round NFL talent.
I think any team that holds Mizzou to under 30 should consider it a win. Mizzou's defense is far from a finished product and I believe most good teams should be able to score 30 or more on them so if your defense holds them to 28 (I think that's what UGA held them to) I'd take it and move on. Lock and that offense is on fire.