USC at UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : USC at UGA

Herchel
11-03-2017, 01:15 PM
Interesting stat. UGA has outscored opponents 106-3 in the third quarter.

SCgamecock2988
11-03-2017, 01:16 PM
Beat down alert stat of the game: USC is 6-2 this season and 4-2 in the SEC, but the 4 conference wins come against teams that are a combined 1-18 in the SEC this season.

zud the hut
11-03-2017, 01:51 PM
I don't think that UGA will beat Carolina like the beat down that they gave the Gators.

UGA will win but I think that there's going to be a let down from the Cocktail Party.

dnmuga93
11-03-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't think that UGA will beat Carolina like the beat down that they gave the Gators.

UGA will win but I think that there's going to be a let down from the Cocktail Party.

I see it being like the Mizzou game; they stay with UGA for maybe a half and get boatraced in the 3rd quarter.

dnmuga93
11-03-2017, 03:00 PM

We've outscored teams 90-17 in the 1st quarter as well. Jumped on them early and after halftime.

JRS
11-03-2017, 04:04 PM
I will be severely wasted by halftime.

JRS
11-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Look, we all know the situations Smart and Muschamp walked into. If SC gets blown out it's no biggie because we are still building from the dumpster fire left by the previous staff. Just play as well as you possibly can, come out of the game relatively healthy and get ready for UF. 8 regular season wins will still be on the table with a chance at 9. Heckuva improvement from year to year.

Herchel
11-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Look, we all know the situations Smart and Muschamp walked into. If SC gets blown out it's no biggie because we are still building from the dumpster fire left by the previous staff. Just play as well as you possibly can, come out of the game relatively healthy and get ready for UF. 8 regular season wins will still be on the table with a chance at 9. Heckuva improvement from year to year.
Totally agree.

MKfromPA
11-03-2017, 06:24 PM

Totally agree, too.

I think if USC hangs with UGA people will be talking about them and giving more respect. I believe it's due. 8 or 9 wins would be a positive year with USC flying under the radar.

Cuz
11-03-2017, 07:54 PM

Moving forward. I think your program is moving forward. It moved backwards for too many years. I am a UGA graduate but I have maintaned for years that SC fans are the greatest I have ever met. I have been to Brice at least 10 times. I always get invited by SC fans I have never met to come to their tailgate. Great fans.
One week a year, I do not pull for them.

ECDawg78
11-03-2017, 11:48 PM

Great analysis. It is good to see someone speak to the clusterf**k that Spurrier left behind when he quit in midseason in 2015.

Muschamp was the right hire at the right time. I think he gets and keeps SC in the top half of the division at a minimum for a long time to come.

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-04-2017, 11:16 AM

Kirby is the master of half time adjustments.

Herchel
11-04-2017, 04:14 PM
How bout them Dawgs!!
7-0. UGA 136 yards, USC 28.

SCgamecock2988
11-04-2017, 04:28 PM
You're god damn right that's a ****ing touchdown, and there was pass interference.

SCgamecock2988
11-04-2017, 04:37 PM
Lmao all these holds by Georgia not being called. I expect nothing less.

SCgamecock2988
11-04-2017, 04:57 PM
No hold yet on Georgia is a ****ing disgrace.

Herchel
11-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Please.

ugabrad
11-04-2017, 06:22 PM
LOL... it is as if lbzdually is inhabiting a SCarolina fan for this game.

Dawg4life
11-04-2017, 06:28 PM
I think we're fine here, but defensively Georgia will need to be better vs Stidham.

Dawg4life
11-04-2017, 06:30 PM
Credit due to Muschamp and what SCar has done this year to acquit themselves, conservative game plans and turnovers have led to them having a good season considering how bad of a shape Spurrier left them in.

lbzdually
11-04-2017, 06:36 PM
LOL... it is as if lbzdually is inhabiting a SCarolina fan for this game.

I feel like crap, so not as much complaining today. :)

ugabrad
11-04-2017, 06:46 PM
It feels strange when a 2 TD victory is a little disappointing.

lbzdually
11-04-2017, 06:55 PM
It feels strange when a 2 TD victory is a little disappointing.

I was a 'bleh' game for sure. if UGA can't sack Stidham, Auburn may score at will vs the Dawgs.

JRS
11-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Congrats UGA, it was a good game and it looks like we came out relatively healthy. We’ll move on to UF and focus on our current building effort. I have no doubt SC is heading in the right direction.

Cuz
11-05-2017, 01:02 AM
I am constantly amazed at the UGA fans who think that SC is just going to roll over and let us win. I took SC with the points because I knew Muschamp had them heading in the right direction. I figured a 10 to 14 point win and it was 14. Living here on the edge of Georgia with South Carolina just a half mile away, I know the intensity that SC brings to this game. I am completely satisfied with the win and I predict that SC will only get better with Muschamp.

Gamecocks, your team is heading in the right direction. I am hoping for a decent bowl for your team and win over your state rival.

ugabrad
11-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Cuz, normally any win over SC is reason for satisfaction. This year, with the team battling for playoff position we find ourselves hoping for major statements in every game. That is all.

Cuz
11-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Cuz, normally any win over SC is reason for satisfaction. This year, with the team battling for playoff position we find ourselves hoping for major statements in every game. That is all.

Bama beat LSU by the same score. LSU is also 6-3. Penn State and Ohio State now have two loses.

All we need to do is concentrate on one game at a time. The only game I care about now is Auburn.
Hunker Down Dogs, one more time.

ECDawg78
11-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Bama beat LSU by the same score. LSU is also 6-3. Penn State and Ohio State now have two loses.

All we need to do is concentrate on one game at a time. The only game I care about now is Auburn.
Hunker Down Dogs, one more time.

You've nailed it....any 14 point win over South Carolina is great.....hard to expect the Dawgs to be as sharp or as emotional as the WLOP last week and with next week's game at Auburn. Georgia's final 7-8 minute drive in the 4th quarter that ended up with a field goal was a beauty that drained the clock and clinched the victory.

Keep chopping wood....

ugabrad
11-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Don't overlook Kentucky and Tech... luckily it seems that CKS won't.

ECDawg78
11-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Don't overlook Kentucky and Tech... luckily it seems that CKS won't.

Auburn is getting 110% of all the focus beginning last night....

ugabrad
11-05-2017, 10:33 AM
I guess that means that they are next on the schedule...

Cuz
11-05-2017, 10:34 AM
Auburn is getting 110% of all the focus beginning last night....

I gotta go rep some more people. My point exactly. Kentucky and Tech have not even come over the horizon.

Just beat Auburn.

Dawg in Dallas
11-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Carolina is well coached. That one DB for them made several good plays and their TE was great. They are certainly headed in the right direction in a conference where not too many are.

This was, in years past, the classic let down game for UGA. Congrats to the coaching staff for clearing yet another hurdle in changing the culture. Perhaps the biggest surprise to me is the level of improvement on the OL. Pittman and the offensive staff deserve great credit. The play calling has been great all year.

SCgamecock2988
11-06-2017, 09:42 AM
I was mocked for making the comment about the holding by UGA, but I sh!t you not I was at the bar yesterday for the NFL games and one of the regulars who I know (who isn't a Carolina or Clemson fan, or UGA - he's Ole Miss) said he couldn't believe the amount of uncalled holds on UGA. I particularly think back to the drive that led to the reviewed TD catch. He said this out of the blue while we were talking about one of the NFL games on TV... I realize holds go uncalled all game, but some of them were so blatantly obvious and they led to huge gains.

Home cooking between the hedges.

JRS
11-06-2017, 09:53 AM
I was mocked for making the comment about the holding by UGA, but I sh!t you not I was at the bar yesterday for the NFL games and one of the regulars who I know (who isn't a Carolina or Clemson fan, or UGA - he's Ole Miss) said he couldn't believe the amount of uncalled holds on UGA. I particularly think back to the drive that led to the reviewed TD catch. He said this out of the blue while we were talking about one of the NFL games on TV... I realize holds go uncalled all game, but some of them were so blatantly obvious and they led to huge gains.

Were there some missed holding calls? Sure. With that, we still held UGA to 24 points and if we had a competent OC maybe we make this game closer. With the talent we have on offense we should've been more competitive on that side of the ball.

Dawg in Dallas
11-06-2017, 09:53 AM
I am not sure SEC refs know how to call holding on anyone...

Herchel
11-06-2017, 11:12 AM
here are the penalties.
USC 2-15 yards
UGA 5-55 yards.

zud the hut
11-06-2017, 12:08 PM
LSU fans complain about the non-holding calls at the time. And year round. There is a photo of the game winning touchdown by Jalen Hurts from last year's game that displays 4 holds by Alabama and none of them were called. I don't think that it would have changed the outcome of the game last year becuz we couldn't score on them. However, it does point out a problem with officiating in the SEC.

So, I'm wondering, if Bama and UGA play in Atlanta, who gets the favorable calls?

Djshockley3
11-06-2017, 01:46 PM

Lol you lost, quit crying.

Herchel
11-06-2017, 02:10 PM
LSU fans complain about the non-holding calls at the time. And year round. There is a photo of the game winning touchdown by Jalen Hurts from last year's game that displays 4 holds by Alabama and none of them were called. I don't think that it would have changed the outcome of the game last year becuz we couldn't score on them. However, it does point out a problem with officiating in the SEC.

So, I'm wondering, if Bama and UGA play in Atlanta, who gets the favorable calls?
Ill give you three guesses
1. Bama
2. Bama
3. Bama

HunkerDown
11-06-2017, 02:27 PM
lol holding calls. Complaining about that is like complaining about the weather.

Bama_Man
11-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Ill give you three guesses
1. Bama
2. Bama
3. BamaLol okay whatever you say. The idea that the refs intentionally favor Bama is hilarious.

Djshockley3
11-06-2017, 04:05 PM
I love when teams are good everyone says they get all the calls lol. So annoying.

Herchel
11-06-2017, 04:58 PM
Lol okay whatever you say. The idea that the refs intentionally favor Bama is hilarious.
Didn't Bama go an entire season without a holding call during the Barrett Jones era?

Herchel
11-06-2017, 04:59 PM
lol holding calls. Complaining about that is like complaining about the weather.
I watched Roquan smith get tackled from behind by the ankles at ND. No call.

Dawg in Dallas
11-06-2017, 05:19 PM

That has to be one of the worst missed calls as it was so obvious...Fortunately, the QB still didn't gain very much

Bama_Man
11-06-2017, 06:43 PM
Playing at ND, that kind of stuff is expected.

And the year you're referring to, Bamanhad a ton of very good upperclassmen OL. They held, sure, all teams do, but they knew how to do it without drawing calls. That's just a fact.

ugabrad
11-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Fans from every team complain about the missed holding calls on the other team - all the time. It is one of the truths of football.

HunkerDown
11-07-2017, 06:08 AM

Yeah I remember that it was bad. I'm just saying they happen all the time, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Herchel
11-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Playing at ND, that kind of stuff is expected.

It was a SEC crew.

SCgamecock2988
11-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Lol you lost, quit crying.

Last time I checked I wasn't a football player for the University of South Carolina. I didn't lose anything.

Yeah I remember that it was bad. I'm just saying they happen all the time, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I get that. My issue is with consistency, or a lack thereof. And I'm not really referring to this game when I say that.

ECDawg78
11-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Fans from every team complain about the missed holding calls on the other team - all the time. It is one of the truths of football.

....and the bigger truth is you hear it most when their team loses.....even by two touchdowns.

ECDawg78
11-07-2017, 10:31 AM

It was a SEC crew.

I get that. My issue is with consistency, or a lack thereof.

.....another reason why that stuff is expected. These two go together like Fred and Ginger.......

SCgamecock2988
11-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Two touchdown victory over this team as the #1 team playing at home.. congrats. Kentucky beat them by 10 on the road, at night.

ECDawg78
11-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Two touchdown victory over this team as the #1 team playing at home.. congrats. Kentucky beat them by 10 on the road, at night.

I believe SC has greatly improved since the Kentucky game..........apparently you may not.

Dawg in Dallas
11-07-2017, 10:40 AM

Your team played well. I saw some bright spots for South Carolina. It is odd that the com[plaint about holding when yall only had 2 penalties against you.

SCgamecock2988
11-07-2017, 10:43 AM
The talent gap is massive. There's a reason the spread was 24 points.

Dawg in Dallas
11-07-2017, 10:46 AM
So be proud of the effort and praise your team rather than complaining about the lack of penalties.

SCgamecock2988
11-07-2017, 10:57 AM
So be proud of the effort and praise your team rather than complaining about the lack of penalties.

It always sucks to see a loss, but it is what it is... with everyone expecting a 45-10 type score I was happy to see them not roll over and die. But it'll all be for naught if they don't be Florida Saturday. That program is truly a dumpster fire at this very moment. I honestly think they will beat Clemson at home this year... so there's a great chance to be 9-3 heading into a bowl game.

ugabrad
11-07-2017, 11:27 AM
It always sucks to see a loss, but it is what it is... with everyone expecting a 45-10 type score I was happy to see them not roll over and die. But it'll all be for naught if they don't be Florida Saturday. That program is truly a dumpster fire at this very moment. I honestly think they will beat Clemson at home this year... so there's a great chance to be 9-3 heading into a bowl game.

I hope y'all do beat Clemson. I am pulling for UW to return to the playoff - I'd love to see my Dawgs play (and beat) the Huskies.

Dawg in Dallas
11-07-2017, 11:31 AM

I wasn't. Yall were 6-2 going in and the losses were relatively close and the game was sandwiched between the Florida and Auburn games.

Herchel
11-07-2017, 11:34 AM
BTW, USC ran 39 plays without a single holding call.

HunkerDown
11-07-2017, 01:41 PM
I get that. My issue is with consistency, or a lack thereof. And I'm not really referring to this game when I say that.

Agreed, there is zero consistency with it anywhere.

Djshockley3
11-07-2017, 02:42 PM

This was a huge trap game for UGA. We are all just happy with the win. Not many people thought it would be a blowout

Dawg4life
11-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Honestly with how conservative both teams play I wasn't expecting that high of a score. That stretch near the end of the first half, I mean how conservative can you get, neither team was taking timeouts lol.

It'll be tougher since Deebo isn't going to come back (there was a chance, although small), but if South Carolina can execute while playing conservatively on offense, there's a chance vs Clemson from what I've seen from Clemson.

zud the hut
11-07-2017, 11:09 PM

It was a SEC crew.
That's the point H! It's the SEC crew that were complaining about.