Bottom 25 game of the century [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 25 game of the century

Herchel
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bottom-25-college-football-rankings-a-big-12-showdown-for-the-ages-is-upon-us/

'm not sure I've ever been more excited for a game between Bottom 25 teams than I am this week. We've seen plenty of meaningful tilts between members of the Sun Belt or Conference USA in the past, but this week brings something special.

It's not just a matchup of Big 12 teams ranked in the Bottom 25; it's a game between two Big 12 units ranked in the Bottom Five. I feel like I've waited my entire life for this game. I don't care who else is playing this week; it's the most important game on the schedule.

The Bottom 25
Team Name Status News
team logo
25. New Mexico 3-5 The Lobos make their Bottom 25 debut thanks to a 39-point loss to Wyoming. (Last week: NR)
team logo
24. Idaho 3-5 The Vandals picked up a win over UL-Monroe, but it isn't quite enough to escape the Bottom 25. (20)
team logo
23. UMass 2-6 The Minutemen are on a two-game winning streak! The win over Georgia Southern was expected. Beating Appalachian State was not. (19)
team logo
22. UConn 3-5 Like any good dog, the Huskies have returned home. (NR)
team logo
21. Tulsa 2-7 I would say Tulsa is going to lose at least two of its last three, but I have no idea what this team is capable of doing at any given moment. (24)
team logo
20. Illinois 2-6 The Illini covered the spread against Wisconsin, which has to be a moral victory. Now get rid of the gray uniforms. (22)
team logo
19. Cincinnati 2-6 The Bearcats had the week off. (21)
team logo
18. BYU 2-7 BYU crushed San Jose State 41-20, and I think the Cougars have one more win in them this season. Maybe even two if you want to get crazy. (11)
team logo
17. Old Dominion 2-6 The good news for the Monarchs is that their last two losses have been one-score affairs. That's a change of pace from their first four losses. (18)
team logo
16. East Carolina 2-6 The Pirates had an entire week to celebrate their win over BYU, but Houston looms this week. (16)
team logo
15. Texas State 2-6 We will not have a repeat champion this season. Texas State knocked off Coastal Carolina 27-7. (4)
team logo
14. North Carolina 1-8 Was hanging with the Canes a good sign for North Carolina, or was it just a byproduct of Miami not being able to blow anyone out? (15)
team logo
13. Kent State 2-6 Tuesday night MACtion -- unofficially sponsored by The Bottom 25 -- is back this week when Kent State hosts Bowling Green. (14)
team logo
12. Ball State 2-6 The Cardinals were pasted by Toledo 58-17. (17)
team logo
11. Nevada 1-7 Nevada had the week off. (13)
team logo
10. Coastal Carolina 1-7 The Chanticleers lost to Texas State, so you know they're a legit contender for the title this season. You gotta lose to the champ to be the champ. (12)
team logo
9. Oregon State 1-7 The Beavers came painstakingly close to knocking off Stanford on Friday night. (8)
team logo
8. Charlotte 1-7 The Niners had the week off and have a big matchup with Old Dominion this week. (9)
team logo
7. Rice 1-7 Rice had a chance to beat Louisiana Tech on Saturday but showed its Bottom 25 mettle by completely collapsing in the final minutes to lose by 14. (10)
team logo
6. Bowling Green 1-7 As I alluded to above, I'm hyped for the Halloween night matchup between the Falcons and Golden Flashes. It's a trick and a treat. (7)
team logo
5. Kansas 1-7 The Jayhawks host Baylor this week! (3)
team logo
4. Baylor 0-8 And Baylor heads to Lawrence to take on Kansas in The Bottom 25 Game of the Century of the Week. (5)
team logo
3. San Jose State 1-8 San Jose State is so bad that it lost to BYU by 21. (6)
team logo
2. UTEP 0-8 The highlight of UTEP's season is probably Aaron Jones taking over the starting running back job in Green Bay. (2)
team logo
1. Georgia Southern 0-7 New coach, same result. (1)