Thank you Jim McElwain [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Jim McElwain

GatorMan32
10-23-2017, 07:38 PM
He claimed he received death threats. When met with and asked for specifics and details he could provide none. This has changed my mind. His *** is done this year. In fact he may never get another major job again if this is a false claim as it appears to be. Never went to UPD or GPD and when an investigation comes looking for details to deal with the threats he has none. No call times, no letters or emails. Nothing. He's done.

lbzdually
10-23-2017, 08:45 PM
He claimed he received death threats. When met with and asked for specifics and details he could provide none. This has changed my mind. His *** is done this year. In fact he may never get another major job again if this is a false claim as it appears to be. Never went to UPD or GPD and when an investigation comes looking for details to deal with the threats he has none. No call times, no letters or emails. Nothing. He's done.

Bull crap -it is true, I just found a pic online of the offender. Apparently McElwain molested one of his children and the exact threat was "if I find you out in the ocean again, I'm going to take your head off. " https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/128/590x/secondary/Great-white-shark-UK-2017-sightings-Hayling-Island-Hampshire-983379.jpg

GatorMan32
10-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Lmfao :rotf:

IllinoisDawg63
10-23-2017, 10:02 PM
Damn.... This is another drama queen like Urban faking the heart attack and "retiring".....UF gets some "winners" to coach down there.

Sent from my K90U using Tapatalk

GatorMan32
10-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Well Urban actually is a winner despite being a *****. This dude committed career suicide.

Cuz
10-24-2017, 08:59 AM
Actually, it is true.
His wife told him if you throw your dirty clothes on the floor one more time, I'm gonna kill you.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Well Urban actually is a winner despite being a *****. This dude committed career suicide.
Sounds like Bill Curry and his famous brick thrown through his window. Sometimes coaching hires are a good fit with a team's fans, but sadly some are not.

ECDawg78
10-24-2017, 09:34 AM

What do you mean by done GMan?

All indications are the Mac will be back for sure in 2018........

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 11:12 AM
What do you mean by done GMan?

All indications are the Mac will be back for sure in 2018........

Not any more. He's done. I mean done. He blindsided his own administration with serious accusations. Never went to them OR the police about supposed death threats against him, his family and players. When asked for specifics he could not produce emails, letters, call logs... anything. I don't know what else to say. He will NOT be back next year. I am quite certain on that. If he has completely fabricated threats against his team as it seems he has, he'll never get another power 5 HC job again. This is much worse than what Mike Price or George O'Leary did and their careers ended, at any major level, for their indiscretions.

ECDawg78
10-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Not any more. He's done. I mean done. He blindsided his own administration with serious accusations. Never went to them OR the police about supposed death threats against him, his family and players. When asked for specifics he could not produce emails, letters, call logs... anything. I don't know what else to say. He will NOT be back next year. I am quite certain on that. If he has completely fabricated threats against his team as it seems he has, he'll never get another power 5 HC job again. This is much worse than what Mike Price or George O'Leary did and their careers ended, at any major level, for their indiscretions.

Is anyone at all in the media reporting what you're saying? Links?

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 11:23 AM
I doubt it. I don't get my info from the media. I have tons of contacts for Florida and think my track record over the years has backed up that when I do mention something like this.

That said, many media people have turned on him. Check out Thomas Goldkamp's twitter. Or Bianchi's article today. I've heard rumors before the media didn't like him. If true they know blood is in the water now.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-24-2017, 11:32 AM

Coach Price mistimed his antics. He messed up before the season. If he had waited until after winning the SEC Championship, then he probably would have survived, because even after only one spring practice his team still rallied to his support.

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 11:35 AM
I hear ya. Just using that as a frame of reference.

Herchel
10-24-2017, 11:35 AM
McElwain's buyout is $2.5M/year, and he is signed thru 2023. That is $15M. I think he will be coaching UF in 2018.

lbzdually
10-24-2017, 11:37 AM
SBNation is saying the same thing Gatorman32 is saying.

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 11:39 AM
McElwain's buyout is $2.5M/year, and he is signed thru 2023. That is $15M. I think he will be coaching UF in 2018.Buyout is void when terminated with cause. If you're wondering, this is cause. Fabricating death threats against student athletes is extremely serious.

Herchel
10-24-2017, 11:57 AM
Buyout is void when terminated with cause. If you're wondering, this is cause. Fabricating death threats against student athletes is extremely serious.
How do you prove he didn't get a phone call? Remember Cam Newton?

ECDawg78
10-24-2017, 12:05 PM
I doubt it. I don't get my info from the media. I have tons of contacts for Florida and think my track record over the years has backed up that when I do mention something like this.

That said, many media people have turned on him. Check out Thomas Goldkamp's twitter. Or Bianchi's article today. I've heard rumors before the media didn't like him. If true they know blood is in the water now.

My intention was not say your post was false GM.......like you, I get information from contacts around our program that would never find their way into the media.

This is a very interesting........and a totally unexpected development if it plays out.

Dawg in Dallas
10-24-2017, 12:08 PM
How do you prove he didn't get a phone call? Remember Cam Newton?

Yes and didn't Auburn get away with it?

Herchel
10-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Yes and didn't Auburn get away with it?
I don't think Auburn had anything to do with it. Reverend Newton solicited $180K from MSU. The Camster's defense was he didn't know. How do you prove that he did unless you have it on tape. That is why we now have the Cam newton rule.

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 12:17 PM
How do you prove he didn't get a phone call? Remember Cam Newton?He could have offered a call log and said this was the number the threat came from. More importantly if players were threatened why did he tell nobody? Their safety is at stake and he reported it to nobody? Let's say that's true. There's cause again. He's done. BTW it's not true.

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 12:34 PM

There is media chiming in.

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 01:13 PM
My intention was not say your post was false GM.......like you, I get information from contacts around our program that would never find their way into the media.

This is a very interesting........and a totally unexpected development if it plays out.i hear ya bro. Sorry if it came off wrong. You're a good guy.

ECDawg78
10-24-2017, 03:32 PM
i hear ya bro. Sorry if it came off wrong. You're a good guy.

No worries........

SavageOrangeJug
10-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Proving he is lying in a court of law is a bit more difficult than declaring a liar in the newspaper or on a blog.

UF will pay the buyout or he will be back.

Trying to say they have cause and proving they have cause are two different things.

Dawg in Dallas
10-24-2017, 04:25 PM
They could negotiate a smaller buyout...

GatorMan32
10-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Proving he is lying in a court of law is a bit more difficult than declaring a liar in the newspaper or on a blog.

UF will pay the buyout or he will be back.

Trying to say they have cause and proving they have cause are two different things.

He made serious accusations. Unless he has supporting documentation (i.e. Emails, letters, call logs, witnesses) he has done serious damage to the brand with unfounded allegations. If there were threats, his inaction risked the safety of student athletes. Either way, he's walking away with a hell of a lot less at best. He is gone. He can never recruit at UF again. He's done.

GatorMan32
10-28-2017, 06:24 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21199029/university-florida-administrators-discussing-fire-coach-jim-mcelwain-following-claims-family-players-received-death-threats

Saying there's no buyout negotiations is true if you're firing with cause.

Dawg4life
10-28-2017, 06:30 PM
Word is McElwain is out on Monday. That slipped out right before this game.

GatorMan32
10-28-2017, 06:32 PM
It could be tomorrow. But as I've said it's been done. He's gone. This is the fever breaking.

lbzdually
10-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Jim McElwain is gone. Gman32 was right.

GatorMan32
10-29-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm so happy it's done. Time to move forward.

Herchel
10-29-2017, 03:21 PM
He beat Sgt. Carter to the exit.

gatormaniac
10-29-2017, 04:56 PM
I like the guy, just was in way over his head. We’ll be back to our winning ways soon.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-29-2017, 05:04 PM
It is crazy how fast teams can improve. I think UGA got beat by Ole Miss by 50 points last year.

GatorMan32
10-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Oh happy day..

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/29/football-mcelwain-uaa-mutually-agree-to-part-ways.aspx

zud the hut
10-29-2017, 05:39 PM
Oh happy day..

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/10/29/football-mcelwain-uaa-mutually-agree-to-part-ways.aspx
I don't see anything in there that says fired with cause!

GR8NESS
10-29-2017, 07:54 PM
This is one of the most out of nowhere firings I’ve ever seen. I’m not saying t was wrong - he was destined to be to Florida what Tubby Smith was to UK Basketball. I just didn’t see it coming this soon - despite being the tallest midget in thin SECE, he was still able to be that.

Cuz
10-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Good riddance for the Florida fans. You deserve better.

Someone kidnap Mike Bobo and take away his cell phone. Thanks.

Cuz
10-29-2017, 08:42 PM
It is crazy how fast teams can improve. I think UGA got beat by Ole Miss by 50 points last year.

Yeah, thanks for the painful memories I have tried to erase with mind-numbing drugs and alcohol.:facepalm:

GatorMan32
10-29-2017, 10:27 PM
He has a much smaller buyout. I know the number but it's not public yet.

2008 National Champions
10-29-2017, 10:44 PM
I don't see anything in there that says fired with cause!

Supposedly they reached a mutual agreement on a reduced buyout. Probably better for both sides. Mac still gets a chunk of change of UF avoids possible litigation and move forward with this over with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawg in Dallas
10-30-2017, 07:31 AM
Supposedly they reached a mutual agreement on a reduced buyout. Probably better for both sides. Mac still gets a chunk of change of UF avoids possible litigation and move forward with this over with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone predicted that would happen.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-30-2017, 10:48 AM
Sometimes it seems that large buyouts can act as a disincentive for coaches to perform.