UGA/Mizzou Game Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UGA/Mizzou Game Thread

Herchel
10-14-2017, 09:31 AM
7:30 on SECN

MKfromPA
10-14-2017, 09:38 AM
UGA needs to be careful for any potential letdown. If they come in focused and ready, I don't think this one will be close.

UGA 38
MU 13

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 01:32 PM
I do not expect Georgia to cover. As dominant as the defense has been, the deep ball is still in all likelihood a weakness and that is Lock's strength even if he is...I don't even know how you put it because people have said he's actually pretty smart although he has shaky accuracy and makes bad mistakes. He's going to hit one or two long touchdown passes and he's also going to make at least two big mistakes.

Herchel
10-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Interesting stat.
When UGA is ranked in the top 10 and playing an unranked team, the record is 71-0. We are due for a loss.

MKfromPA
10-14-2017, 03:24 PM
I do not expect Georgia to cover. As dominant as the defense has been, the deep ball is still in all likelihood a weakness and that is Lock's strength even if he is...I don't even know how you put it because people have said he's actually pretty smart although he has shaky accuracy and makes bad mistakes. He's going to hit one or two long touchdown passes and he's also going to make at least two big mistakes.

Okay, fair enough. But also remember, UGA is near the top in defensive efficiency. They are also one of four schools not to have yielded 20 or more points this season. I have faith in your team. UGA is at home, too. Big advantage there.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 04:26 PM
Okay, fair enough. But also remember, UGA is near the top in defensive efficiency. They are also one of four schools not to have yielded 20 or more points this season. I have faith in your team. UGA is at home, too. Big advantage there.

While playing nobody that is a good passer. The best passer was Kyle Shurmur and he did well on occasion. I am not saying Georgia will lose but the 30 point spread was crazy regardless of how things have gone so far.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Georgia's secondary goes from being pooped on by Lock (but with his riverboat gambler mentality he made 3 costly mistakes) to similar to what Shurmur did, but he has more talent than Shurmur. Just hasn't been as good because he makes a lot of mistakes.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Mizzou actually matches up well in the passing game against UGA's smaller DB's. If UGA does not pressure Locke, it could be a close game. I think UGA's running attack wears Mizzou, but I think they score more than any other team this year on UGA.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 07:47 PM
This will be a game to start out passing. Missouri's defense is pretty bad but if there's anything they're even somewhat mediocre at, it's stopping the run. It was converted but so many 3rd and longs put pressure on a young QB.

Run later though.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:07 PM
The stupid Wild Dawg caused that. Run Chubb or Michel or swift up the gut get the yard and move the chains. Instead that wild dawg crap got the timing off and caused a penalty.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:10 PM
UGA is flat. It had to happen, but Mizzou's offense can score enough to keep them in it.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:13 PM
The offensive line is a problem. A big one that has been hidden for most of the year.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:17 PM
The offensive line is a problem. A big one that has been hidden for most of the year.

Mizzou is stacking the box and picking their poison by letting UGA's WRs go one on one and Fromm is making them pay.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure that it is as much flat as it is that this team hasn't seen many big d-lines and I still question the OL. Missouri is not good on defense but the d-line is big.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Georgia's secondary...still just as bad as last year. But it was just hidden for a while.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:22 PM
UGA has to hit Lock. JR Reed is getting lost out there.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:31 PM
The way I see things, this is likely going to be a Big 12 score. Georgia's secondary is getting exposed as just as bad as 2016. The major difference was the coaches got through Lorenzo Carter's heads and the front 7 really stepped up.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:37 PM
I overestimated Georgia on defense. Georgia is going to give up at least 10 big pass plays.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:38 PM
Where is Bellamy and Carter? They are not even getting close to sacking Lock.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:40 PM
Where is Bellamy and Carter? They are not even getting close to sacking Lock.

Bellamy needs to sit in pass plays. He is playing with something on his hand.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:50 PM
Mizzou is the worst team in the SEC this year and they are going up and down the field like UGA's DB's are not even out there.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Sadly, it's not a matter of adjustments like Jordan Rodgers is talking about. The secondary is thin and honestly mediocre. I don't think as bad as this, but this is the same personnel from last year that Drew Lock pooped all over the difference being the front 7 coming to life.

Just have to hope he's not perfect and he's usually not with that interception.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Come on Dawgs 31-21. Stop Mizzou here and get 7 more before the half, then UGA gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Michel trucked that dude hard.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 09:13 PM
An adjustment was made, but I really don't trust this secondary at all. It's not going to be a fun whole game for Kirby Smart and the defensive coaches even if/when this is a win.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 09:50 PM
I have a feeling we're really going to be hating Chaney again in the tougher games upcoming. Have no issue at all with Fromm being a starter, but don't handcuff him. He's going to have to be throwing in earlier downs to keep the defense loose.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 09:50 PM
The last 2 drives for UGA have not had good play calling inside the 20. You have a 6'4" Wims, 6'5" Woerner, 6'4" Nauta and they don't even throw one up for them.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 10:13 PM
UGA getting sloppy at the end of the 3rd. It would be awesome if they got a play action pass for a TD to start the 4th,

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Roquan Smith is usually flying around and he looks like he has concrete in his shoes tonight.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 10:29 PM
I have a feeling I am going to be cursing Chaney in a couple of weeks.

Dawg4life
10-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Herrien must be legit amazing in practice because I see no reason for him to be carrying the ball.

Dawg in Dallas
10-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Herrien was really good in games last year. I have no issue with him getting carries.

I was worried about this game because Mizzou moves the ball against everyone. But we were them down. To me, this was the best thing to happen to this team, a little struggle but still a solid win.

lbzdually
10-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Herrien must be legit amazing in practice because I see no reason for him to be carrying the ball.

I think the depth chart will go Swift, White, Holyfield, Cook and then Herrien next year. I would rather him get carries now, then be down to 2 experienced backs, like JJ Green and Douglas when Marshall and Gurley went down.

Cuz
10-14-2017, 11:46 PM
I am going out on a limb and predicting we win the bye week.

Cuz
10-14-2017, 11:48 PM
And I would like to thank Mark Richt for beating those damn bugs. A Georgia win and a Tech loss is a great weekend.

Dawg4life
10-15-2017, 12:20 PM
To be honest I wasn't wrong on how things went. It just happened to be it came so quickly that I thought more was coming.

I said two big plays, then some bad plays by Lock and still a blowout, but no cover. 30 was actually probably not too high though, if Fromm doesn't throw the INT it gets covered.

The secondary is an issue outside of the top guys no matter what kind of defense is played, but you can have a mediocre secondary and very good defense anyway. Kind of scary to think about that for next year's purposes, as two of the top guys are seniors.

The young guys on offense have such a bright future.

Cuz
10-15-2017, 03:13 PM
I just don't want to get beat on the deep ball. My guess is Florida is not a deep threat. We probably faced the best pure passer we are going to face. And won convincingly. Glad to see Fromm have a big day passing. A shade under 70% completion.

ECDawg78
10-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Herrien was really good in games last year. I have no issue with him getting carries.

I was worried about this game because Mizzou moves the ball against everyone. But we were them down. To me, this was the best thing to happen to this team, a little struggle but still a solid win.

Agree fully.....you cannot have enough quality backs in this league and Herrien has earned playing time due to how well he performs at practice.

It's good to face some adversity before we head down the stretch.....

ECDawg78
10-15-2017, 06:58 PM
And I would like to thank Mark Richt for beating those damn bugs. A Georgia win and a Tech loss is a great weekend.

It's what Coach Magill used to call.....a "Doubleheader sweep".

ECDawg78
10-15-2017, 07:00 PM
I have a feeling we're really going to be hating Chaney again in the tougher games upcoming. Have no issue at all with Fromm being a starter, but don't handcuff him. He's going to have to be throwing in earlier downs to keep the defense loose.

I'm sorry.....but I believe I would shoot my damn self before I could sit down and watch a game with you..........

Cuz
10-16-2017, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry.....but I believe I would shoot my damn self before I could sit down and watch a game with you..........

And I said to myself, hey, I want to party with you Cowboy.

LOL.

HunkerDown
10-16-2017, 06:35 AM

UGA win
Tech Loss
Florida Loss
Auburn Loss
Clemson Loss

Pretty much a perfect weekend.

Dawgilicious
10-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Do any of the UGA fans here know anyone selling tickets to the SC game?

Flying down from Wisconsin to take my GF to her first game and we are still looking for tix.

Herchel
10-16-2017, 05:29 PM
Stubhub is your friend

Dawgilicious
10-16-2017, 06:08 PM
Yeah I have been looking there. Those are a little too extreme right now. Too many over $200 haha