Where are all the Auburn fans that used to be here? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the Auburn fans that used to be here?

zud the hut
10-10-2017, 10:43 PM
I want to hear from you, this week.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-10-2017, 11:42 PM
I think most of them bailed during the Cam Newton scandal era. Really, them and the Ole Miss fans seem to be the most insular fan bases in the SEC. I think the success of Alabama has created a siege mentality amongst them. They don't mix with the enemy much.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-11-2017, 12:20 AM
There are still some of the more obstreperous ones who post.

GoAU
10-11-2017, 05:48 AM
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm still here. Have always done more reading than talking though, and have been really busy at work, plus it's budget season, so I haven't had a ton of time.

As a whole, I think we have the potential to be a really good team this year. The biggest questions I still have are:

1) Have the changes we have made to our Office line really fixed the issues with the amount of pressure Stidham felt earlier this year? It's clear when he has time, he can be very accurate. Against Clemson, he was under a ton of pressure, and was knocking off a lot of rust. We'll know a lot more in the next few weeks, culminating with UGA and bama.

2) Will we ever see Pettway and Johnson healthy at the same time? If so, watch out.

Overall, I like out chances this weekend, but LSU is always a tough game, especially in BR.

zud the hut
10-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm still here. Have always done more reading than talking though, and have been really busy at work, plus it's budget season, so I haven't had a ton of time.

As a whole, I think we have the potential to be a really good team this year. The biggest questions I still have are:

1) Have the changes we have made to our Office line really fixed the issues with the amount of pressure Stidham felt earlier this year? It's clear when he has time, he can be very accurate. Against Clemson, he was under a ton of pressure, and was knocking off a lot of rust. We'll know a lot more in the next few weeks, culminating with UGA and bama.

2) Will we ever see Pettway and Johnson healthy at the same time? If so, watch out.

Overall, I like out chances this weekend, but LSU is always a tough game, especially in BR.
I think Auburn is the better team and will most likely win the game.

But that doesn't mean they will win the game. And I don't really want to see Pettway come in because I think he's more dangerous to LSU than Johnson.

Bama_Man
10-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Watched four AU games and three LSU games. I'd be shocked if LSU keeps it close.
The Auburn defense is very, very good. I can't see the LSU O that struggled gaining yards v. Troy and UF being able to do much of anything v. AUs front seven. The weak LSU OL will not be able to block the AU DL IMO.

If Auburn can run the ball some and score 21 points, they should win.

HunkerDown
10-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Auburn scares me. They are as on fire as any team in the country right now.

Bama_Man
10-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Auburn scares me. They are as on fire as any team in the country right now.
As a Bama fan, me too. Going to MSU could be tricky and LSU always plays Bama tough but Auburn looks to be clicking. The defense is right up there with UGA and Bama.

GoAU
10-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I hope you guys are right. I hate looking past any team, but "Amen Corner" for us is always tough - finishing with UGA and Bama. It may be almost like a mini playoff for the SEC

xAuBuRn
10-13-2017, 12:33 AM
I'm here. I work 60+ hours a week plus some weekends going to UGA Bama games though. Also just had a kid.

Herchel
10-13-2017, 03:42 PM
My cousin retired as Auburn's President, so it isn't going to be as much fun beating them.

zud the hut
10-13-2017, 08:37 PM
I'm here. I work 60+ hours a week plus some weekends going to UGA Bama games though. Also just had a kid.
You need to come up for some air!