Arkansas at Alabama [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas at Alabama

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Could this be a trap game? No, it isn't. Arkansas doesn't have the tools to keep up with Bama. Austin Allen was beaten up so badly he didn't play in the 4th quarter yesterday at South Carolina. He left the game with only 1 TD to his credit. It looked as though the O-line wasn't even trying to sustain their blocks...One bump and that was it. Allen continues to be hesitant in the pocket. The offense has given up on Allen, and with Allen's on and off finger pointing attitude, I'm not surprised.

One bright spot, 6'7", 270 lb redshirt freshman QB, Cole Kelley, led Arkansas to two 4th quarter TD's. If Arkansas is to have any chance against Bama, Kelley has to be the starting QB. If you think SC beat up Allen, which they did, Bama will break his bones. No one is going to break Kelley's bones, he is just too big and strong. Kelley went 8 for 13 for 140 yards with 1 interception.

I've got Bama 42-7 if Allen starts. I'll take Bama 35-24 if Kelley gets the start.

Cuz
10-08-2017, 04:51 PM
I am taking the Lions over the Christians. It could get ugly.

I have never understood the Allen franchise.

Herchel
10-08-2017, 05:08 PM
I am taking the Lions over the Christians. It could get ugly.

I have never understood the Allen franchise.
It's called fan. Go back to August and you will read Allen was the best QB in the SEC.

Bama_Man
10-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Regardless who starts at QB, I'll be shocked if it's an 11-point game. Bama beat Vandy by 59, OM by 63. TAMU is a good squad, and Bama beat them on road by eight (should've been 15 without the late game TD that looked to me as if Kirk's knee hit out of bounds as he gained possession but that's irrelevant.)

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-09-2017, 04:19 PM
It's called fan. Go back to August and you will read Allen was the best QB in the SEC.

Actually, thread was titled as a question, "Is Austin Allen The SEC's Best QB".

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Regardless who starts at QB, I'll be shocked if it's an 11-point game. Bama beat Vandy by 59, OM by 63. TAMU is a good squad, and Bama beat them on road by eight (should've been 15 without the late game TD that looked to me as if Kirk's knee hit out of bounds as he gained possession but that's irrelevant.)

It wont be an 11 point game if Allen Ant starts. The team thrown in the towel on him. But the Hogs will play hard with a renewed spirit if Goliath Kelley gets the start.

Bama_Man
10-09-2017, 04:29 PM
It wont be an 11 point game if Allen Ant starts. The team thrown in the towel on him. But the Hogs will play hard with a renewed spirit if Goliath Kelley gets the start.
Talent isn't there, and after a lackluster ending to TAMU game, Bama is looking to make a point.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Talent isn't there, and after a lackluster ending to TAMU game, Bama is looking to make a point.

The games that tend to slip up on you are the games you don't expect to slap you in the face. Just ask Oklahoma. The 2-2 Cyclones beat them and the Cyclones only had wins over Akron and Northern Iowa. Arkansas' best hope is if the Bama players come in thinking they just have to show up to win.

If I'm Bama, I'm simply hoping Ant Allen is ready to start, and I don't have to adjust my defense to a Goliath sized QB.

If the game was already decided, as we know, there would be no need to play.

Bama_Man
10-09-2017, 05:48 PM
The games that tend to slip up on you are the games you don't expect to slap you in the face. Just ask Oklahoma. The 2-2 Cyclones beat them and the Cyclones only had wins over Akron and Northern Iowa. Arkansas' best hope is if the Bama players come in thinking they just have to show up to win.

If I'm Bama, I'm simply hoping Ant Allen is ready to start, and I don't have to adjust my defense to a Goliath sized QB.

If the game was already decided, as we know, there would be no need to play.
That was my point. Bama might have bought their own press a bit before the TAMU game and the Aggies showed them you can't just show up and win. So I expect Bama to be fully motivated and ready to make a point v. Arkansas. Whether it's Allen or the other kid, if he's not a mobile QB and you don't have an elite OL, it's gonna be a long day for any QB, esp one making his first start. Do you honestly want a kids first start to be on the road against a Bama defense that's finally getting close to healthy and had their asses chewed by Saban all week? It could crush a kids confidence before his career even really gets started.

zud the hut
10-09-2017, 07:09 PM
That was my point. Bama might have bought their own press a bit before the TAMU game and the Aggies showed them you can't just show up and win. So I expect Bama to be fully motivated and ready to make a point v. Arkansas. Whether it's Allen or the other kid, if he's not a mobile QB and you don't have an elite OL, it's gonna be a long day for any QB, esp one making his first start. Do you honestly want a kids first start to be on the road against a Bama defense that's finally getting close to healthy and had their asses chewed by Saban all week? It could crush a kids confidence before his career even really gets started.
I would also point out to you that TAMU is playing better since that Laughayet game. It took them that long to get over UCLA.

DBS
10-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Bama by 70

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-09-2017, 08:24 PM
I would also point out to you that TAMU is playing better since that Laughayet game. It took them that long to get over UCLA.

Sumlin is going to give anyone a tough game. It is his MO. I'd take him at Arkansas.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-09-2017, 08:32 PM

Saban is chewing @ss and the players are probably thinking yada yada yada, same old coach. Saban is glad he got out of College Station with a win...The @ss chewing is a show. If anything, A&M exposed some weaknesses of Alabama. Of course Beilema won't be able to exploit those though.

And yeah, if Goliath Kelley is going to get his first start, I'd prefer it to be against the best team in the conference on the road. He'll get a taste of what it is like to go on the road in the SEC and face the best team out there. Can't ask for a better opportunity to break him in.

Like I said, if Allen starts I expect a Bama blowout, probably not 70-0 like DBS predicted, but 70-7 wouldn't be a surprise. Lol. But if Goliath starts, I expect Arkansas to give their best effort in the last two seasons. How all that turns out is yet to be seen.

Don't forget, 6th ranked TCU was tied with Arkansas with 6 minutes to go in the game, before Allen performed his predictably regular late game flop.

I'm not throwing in the towel until I see Allen under center for the first snap. Then I will throw in the towel.

zud the hut
10-11-2017, 12:04 AM
[/QUOTE]I'm not throwing in the towel until I see Allen under center for the first snap. Then I will throw in the towel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the chuckle! Made me smile.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-11-2017, 08:58 AM
I'm not throwing in the towel until I see Allen under center for the first snap. Then I will throw in the towel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the chuckle! Made me smile.[/QUOTE]

OU fans chuckled at the thought of Iowa State (with a third string QB going in his first ever game) would beat them for the first time in 28 years, and the first time in over 50 years at Norman. LSU laughed out loud at the thought of Troy beating them. Bama may be chuckling too, but the game is yet to be played. Give me Goliath Kelley at QB, I'll give Bama a game.

Herchel
10-11-2017, 09:58 AM
It ain't over til it's over - Yogi

MKfromPA
10-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Hogs are gonna get rolled. :(

SavageOrangeJug
10-12-2017, 11:34 AM
This game is going to be a big one. They say fans from both schools are arriving and the parking lots are already filling up.

https://s1.postimg.org/14u3mcjaxb/Bammer_parking_lot.jpg

Bubba
10-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Is this game really gonna happen? At what point do we put the players safety as a priority? Both these coaches were against the HUNH bc of player safety, now Beilema is going to fly his bad news boars to Tuscaloosa for what possibly could be a suicide mission.

50-0. May be more. But it will not be less.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-13-2017, 09:39 AM
This game is going to be a big one. They say fans from both schools are arriving and the parking lots are already filling up.

https://s1.postimg.org/14u3mcjaxb/Bammer_parking_lot.jpg

Lol!!

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-13-2017, 12:15 PM
The reports from the practice field are saying Austin Allen has not thrown a pass all week. Pretty sure 6' 7", 270 lb. redshirt freshman Goliath Kelley will be getting the start at QB against bama.

Goliath has led Arkansas on four offensive drives this season from start to finish, and none were short drives... Three of them have resulted in touchdowns, the other he threw an int.

Bama is in for a new awakening with Goliath Kelley. I'll guarantee you that. Arkansas will score.

MKfromPA
10-13-2017, 09:40 PM
The reports from the practice field are saying Austin Allen has not thrown a pass all week. Pretty sure 6' 7", 270 lb. redshirt freshman Goliath Kelley will be getting the start at QB against bama.

Goliath has led Arkansas on four offensive drives this season from start to finish, and none were short drives... Three of them have resulted in touchdowns, the other he threw an int.

Bama is in for a new awakening with Goliath Kelley. I'll guarantee you that. Arkansas will score.

Cool deal, I hope he plays well. Maybe he can impress as the stage is set for him: filling in for BA, playing against the best team in the land in a hostile environment on national tv, etc. I'll be pulling hard for him and our Hogs!!

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-13-2017, 11:37 PM
Cool deal, I hope he plays well. Maybe he can impress as the stage is set for him: filling in for BA, playing against the best team in the land in a hostile environment on national tv, etc. I'll be pulling hard for him and our Hogs!!

Now Beilema has said, "If AA can lift his arm he will play."

Holy geez someone please fire the idiot.

He is plum stupid.

http://www.rhaein.com/funnystuff/images/sello/sello3.jpg

Really Big Bama Fan
10-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Homecoming Tuscaloosa!

MKfromPA
10-14-2017, 09:35 AM
Doc, does that mean Ark will run the ball on every offensive play? :P

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Doc, does that mean Ark will run the ball on every offensive play? :P

Pig Trail Nation is now reporting that Cole Train Steamboat Big Goliath MotherFricker Kelley is indeed going to be the starter at QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MKfromPA
10-14-2017, 03:29 PM
Pig Trail Nation is now reporting that Cole Train Steamboat Big Goliath MotherFricker Kelley is indeed going to be the starter at QB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!! Must spread rep.

Bama_Man
10-14-2017, 10:46 PM
The big kid played but didn't produce much of anything. Has a big arm and is a big dude but missed a ton of throws and was battered all night.

Whichever QB played, I figured it wouldn't be close. It wasn't. Bama had 300+ rush yards again (Damien Harris, who might be SECs best back this year, went 75 yards on his first touch) and Arkansas didn't have 250 total.

Bama-41
Arkansas-9
Hogs did score a TD late against the backups but missed PAT. Glad to know Bama isn't only team w PK issues lol.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-15-2017, 12:29 AM
The Defense gave up nine points at home, but otherwise a good Homecoming.

BleedPurpleandGold
10-15-2017, 08:14 AM
I'm not impressed at all nor have I been for a whil with any of Bamas running backs. With that offensive line, a great running back would be something to watch. If Bama would get a great QB with a great RB they could beat some NFL teams.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-15-2017, 09:18 AM
Arkansas was over matched. I always do my pregame rah rah, but as evidenced by the OP, there was little doubt as to the outcome.

That said, our coach continues to be terrible. His first mistake was before the game even kicked off. He wins the toss and gives Bama the ball first. On the road in that type of hostile environment, the last thing you do after winning the toss is give the home team the ball and take the chance putting yourself in a hole on down 7-0 right from the start. Just a stupid thought process.

Then, I thought the play calling was terrible. Where was the downfield passing game? You have a big arm and you attempt a total of about 3 passes of 20 yards or more. It wasn't like Kelley wasn't protected well, because the o-line played much better, but with Bama, you have to attempt to stretch the field, and Arkansas Enos didn't do that. You are never going to beat Bama throwing underneath all night. Kelley was pressured some, but Bama had what, one or two sacks?

We just need a coach. This guy can't compete in the SEC.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-15-2017, 11:36 AM
I think y’all should give him more time. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Bama_Man
10-15-2017, 12:35 PM
Arkansas was over matched. I always do my pregame rah rah, but as evidenced by the OP, there was little doubt as to the outcome.

That said, our coach continues to be terrible. His first mistake was before the game even kicked off. He wins the toss and gives Bama the ball first. On the road in that type of hostile environment, the last thing you do after winning the toss is give the home team the ball and take the chance putting yourself in a hole on down 7-0 right from the start. Just a stupid thought process.

Then, I thought the play calling was terrible. Where was the downfield passing game? You have a big arm and you attempt a total of about 3 passes of 20 yards or more. It wasn't like Kelley wasn't protected well, because the o-line played much better, but with Bama, you have to attempt to stretch the field, and Arkansas Enos didn't do that. You are never going to beat Bama throwing underneath all night. Kelley was pressured some, but Bama had what, one or two sacks?

We just need a coach. This guy can't compete in the SEC.
Five sacks.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Five sacks.

A couple of those weren't what I'd term as sacks, as they were for only about a half yard when Kelley had to step forward out of the pocket. We had rushes that went for much less than those. Had Allen been QB, those minor 1/2 yard sacks would have went for 10 yards and a creaming.

Kelley doesn't go down easy.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-15-2017, 01:28 PM
I think y’all should give him more time. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Who? Beilema? Lol. Yeah, right. By record, he is the worst coach we have had since the mid 1950's.

Really Big Bama Fan
10-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Who? Beilema? Lol. Yeah, right. By record, he is the worst coach we have had since the mid 1950's.
Give him at least three more years to recruit players to fit his system.

Dr.SwineSmeller
10-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Give him at least three more years to recruit players to fit his system.

Lol...