Congratulation and thank you UGA [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation and thank you UGA

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 09:25 AM
Spectacular win. Worst home loss for UT in over 100 years.

Worst shut out loss since 1905...Tennessee hasn’t been shut out since Sept. 17, 1994. And that’s not fake news.

Thank you for bringing a halt to the Coach Cliché era. He would have to win the last 7 games to keep his job, and even then it is in doubt.

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Yesterday when we were leaving the stadium the police were arresting a rowdy drunk. I told them if they wanted a real criminal they needed to go inside the stadium. There was a guy on the sidelines stealing four million dollars a year. True story. :facepalm:

Bama_Man
10-01-2017, 10:56 AM
Will he make it thru bye week?

zud the hut
10-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Will he claim it to be fake news at his conference? Does he step even higher on the high horse?

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Will he make it thru bye week?
Every Tennessee fan I know is hoping not.

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Will he claim it to be fake news at his conference? Does he step even higher on the high horse?
He'll try to spin it.

He was trying on the post-game radio interview.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 11:33 AM
I hope you get a real coach. It was not pretty if you are a Vol fan. I would have to go back to 79 Homecoming at UGA for such a kick in the gut. Lost to Virginia 31-0. Pre Herschel.

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 11:40 AM
I hope you get a real coach. It was not pretty if you are a Vol fan. I would have to go back to 79 Homecoming at UGA for such a kick in the gut. Lost to Virginia 31-0. Pre Herschel.
I have going to games for a long time. I've sat through 150+ games at Neyland. I have never seen such a pitiful team. This is worse than Dooley level. What make this worse than Dooley? There is a ton more talent on this team.

Cuz
10-01-2017, 11:48 AM
I for one, know your RB is better than he looked yesterday. Hard to get yards when you are surrounded by white shirts with attitudes.

Herchel
10-01-2017, 02:31 PM
Worst shut out loss since 1905

Maybe home loss, but you lost 44-0 at UGA in 1981. I was there.

SavageOrangeJug
10-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Maybe home loss, but you lost 44-0 at UGA in 1981. I was there.
You are correct. That should have read HOME loss.

Just Some Hog Dude
10-02-2017, 02:37 AM

Seems like Alabama gave UGA such a kick in the gut a couple of years ago and ended the Richt era.

Herchel
10-02-2017, 08:07 AM
Unfortunately I was there.

ECDawg78
10-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Unfortunately I was there.

So was I.

That is the worst home loss I ever remember in the Dooley era......and IIRC, it was homecoming.

ugabrad
10-02-2017, 11:18 AM
So was I.

That is the worst home loss I ever remember in the Dooley era......and IIRC, it was homecoming.

Yes, it was homecoming. Remember, that was a team (UGA) that had lost at home to Wake Forest earlier in the season, so the writing was on the wall for a bad season.

As a UGA student who had grown up in Virginia, I had mixed feelings on that game. My friends had been feeding me crap all week about how the Dawgs were going to whip up on weak ole Virginny. They laughed when I pointed out that the UVA team had two running backs averaging over 100 yds/game; their attitude was that the Cavaliers had always sucked and there was no way that they could stay in the game with mighty Georgia. i recall that UVA opened up passing - first play from scrimmage went for a first down, the second one went for a TD. I was probably the only UGA student who enjoyed that game - not because I liked UVA better than our Dogs but because I was at the game with my friends who had fed me so much crap all week. Their faces showed how badly crow tastes...

BTW: that wasn't our biggest homecoming loss while I was a student. A great Kentucky team beat the Dawgs 33-0 at homecoming in 1977 (with Prince Charles in attendance). Folks remember the UVA loss more because it was so unexpected.

Herchel
10-02-2017, 12:49 PM
BTW: that wasn't our biggest homecoming loss while I was a student. A great Kentucky team beat the Dawgs 33-0 at homecoming in 1977 (with Prince Charles in attendance). Folks remember the UVA loss more because it was so unexpected.

UK had the best team money could buy. They went on double secret probation and never recovered. Fortunately I was working in NYC and missed the game.

ECDawg78
10-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Yes, it was homecoming. Remember, that was a team (UGA) that had lost at home to Wake Forest earlier in the season, so the writing was on the wall for a bad season.

As a UGA student who had grown up in Virginia, I had mixed feelings on that game. My friends had been feeding me crap all week about how the Dawgs were going to whip up on weak ole Virginny. They laughed when I pointed out that the UVA team had two running backs averaging over 100 yds/game; their attitude was that the Cavaliers had always sucked and there was no way that they could stay in the game with mighty Georgia. i recall that UVA opened up passing - first play from scrimmage went for a first down, the second one went for a TD. I was probably the only UGA student who enjoyed that game - not because I liked UVA better than our Dogs but because I was at the game with my friends who had fed me so much crap all week. Their faces showed how badly crow tastes...

1977 and 1979 were weird years for Dooley's Dogs. IIRC, if Georgia had beaten Auburn in '79, they could have possibly gone to Sugar Bowl with a 7-4 record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Georgia_Bulldogs_football_team

Cuz
10-02-2017, 02:52 PM
1977 and 1979 were weird years for Dooley's Dogs. IIRC, if Georgia had beaten Auburn in '79, they could have possibly gone to Sugar Bowl with a 7-4 record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Georgia_Bulldogs_football_team

Which is why the SEC changed the rules after that season. We had lost all out of conference games but won the SEC games until the Auburn game.

ugabrad
10-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Which is why the SEC changed the rules after that season. We had lost all out of conference games but won the SEC games until the Auburn game.

How did they change the rules to prevent a team undefeated in the conference play from going to the Sugar Bowl?

dnmuga93
10-02-2017, 03:31 PM
How did they change the rules to prevent a team undefeated in the conference play from going to the Sugar Bowl?

Back then, we only played 6 conference games. You could have multiple undefeated teams and then try to figure out who represented the SEC in the Sugar Bowl. I know at one time the Big 10's criteria in case of a tie was the team who had gone the longest without going to Pasadena got to go to the Rose Bowl. I expect the SEC changed the rules to have the conference determine who went to New Orleans.

ECDawg78
10-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Back then, we only played 6 conference games. You could have multiple undefeated teams and then try to figure out who represented the SEC in the Sugar Bowl. I know at one time the Big 10's criteria in case of a tie was the team who had gone the longest without going to Pasadena got to go to the Rose Bowl. I expect the SEC changed the rules to have the conference determine who went to New Orleans.

The SEC used the same criteria at that as the Big 10. Georgia's near miss caused the conference to change that rule after 1979.